Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2016, 04:12 PM

14 posts, read 11,601 times

Advertisements

Lots of keyboard warriors on here...lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2016, 08:05 AM

1,947 posts, read 3,324,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mari9900 View Post
Lots of keyboard warriors on here...lol
that's funny...the anonymity of the net....it is a blessing and curse. I don't even check my PMs because I get messages from internet tough guys, "your posts make me feel bad. I don't like you." Ok, terrific!

Old 10-14-2016, 08:16 AM

79 posts, read 72,366 times
Quote:
Jersey city nj...how are ppl happy here? It's like a 3rd world country filth wise.
what part of jersey city do you live in? i live in the mcginley square area.

Old 10-14-2016, 08:17 AM

42 posts, read 50,316 times
Jersye City was built by hard working immigrant Latino and Asian communities

The only 'filth' here are the yuppies, Bronx and Brooklyn migrants.

In short New Yorkers

Go back to Bronxeo we don't want your kind here

Old 10-14-2016, 12:46 PM

79 posts, read 72,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabagolemafia View Post

The only 'filth' here are the yuppies, Bronx and Brooklyn migrants.

In short New Yorkers

Go back to Bronxeo we don't want your kind here
lmao awesome

Old 10-16-2016, 07:14 AM

20,343 posts, read 19,930,346 times
Quote:
Jersye City was built by hard working immigrant Latino and Asian communities.........
Better check up on your knowledge of Jersey City's history.

Old 10-16-2016, 07:36 AM

19,128 posts, read 25,336,687 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
Better check up on your knowledge of Jersey City's history.
Well, in gabagolemafia's defense, perhaps his/her history books don't contain the first 350 years of the city's history. If one was to focus only on the past few decades, his/her statement could be considered to have a miniscule modicum of validity.

Gabagolemafia would still be totally wrong, but...hey...it's only 350 years of recorded history that he/she is ignoring!

Old 10-16-2016, 09:39 AM

1,177 posts, read 1,132,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jobaba View Post
Yea. Third world country with 1 bedroom apartments renting for $3500...
In JC, I know someone who's family owned multiple apartment buildings in JC, you'll have 20 off the boats living in a one bedroom apartment. So, 3,500 isn't a lot when two or three families are splitting that cost. When I had my condo, my exterminator used to work in JC and said "You can tell this is a nice area". I inquired and he told me of the places, JC included, where multiple people lived and had no problem TRASHING the apartments, condos, and homes they were in. It was usually one specific type of people (no not blacks), but I don't want to say and be labeled "racist". The rents are that much because the off the boats and the born and raised will tell their landlord, but never in writing, "I'm not paying my rent. There's NOTHING you can do about it. I got X months to live here til the judge kicks me out". The rents have to be so high because they're compensating for the rents not being paid. It got so bad, my friend's family only rents to people who work outside of Jersey City, mainly NYC.

Old 10-16-2016, 11:38 AM

2,160 posts, read 4,966,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eevee17 View Post
The rents are that much because the off the boats and the born and raised will tell their landlord, but never in writing, "I'm not paying my rent. There's NOTHING you can do about it. I got X months to live here til the judge kicks me out". The rents have to be so high because they're compensating for the rents not being paid. It got so bad, my friend's family only rents to people who work outside of Jersey City, mainly NYC.
The rents are that high because (1) JC, particularly downtown, is an in-demand place to live, and (2) people are willing to pay rent that high to live there.

High rent is not high because it is "compensating" for the unpaid rent of squatters (or for a "specific type of people" who are "no, not blacks").

Are people just posting drunk on this forum at this point?

Old 10-16-2016, 11:40 AM

2,160 posts, read 4,966,421 times
Quote:
Jersey city nj...how are ppl happy here? It's like a 3rd world country filth wise.
From your post history, you've come here from the Midwest and are interested in living in the likes of the Poconos. This isn't about Jersey City. It's about the fact that you are not a city person. And there's nothing wrong with that. You are a country mouse, not a city mouse. So, then, why did you move to Jersey City? It says "City" right in the name. Where was your confusion? What were you expecting? Happy fresh meadows and hayrides?

Do your precious self a favor and steer clear of Manhattan. The pizza rats, feral crack pigeons, flying cockroaches, bedbugs, subway pissers and subway wankers would give you the vapors. And that's just in the nice neighborhoods.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey