Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-07-2016, 10:55 AM

10 posts, read 18,111 times

Advertisements

Is there any way i can know the extent of their injuries at least as of now ?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-07-2016, 11:02 AM

19,191 posts, read 25,456,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vsdonald View Post
Federal regulations (HIPAA, frequently and erroneously referred to as "HIPPA") prohibits the release of a patient's medical information to other parties unless it has been specifically authorized by the patient.

If your attorney and/or your insurance company become involved, they will secure the necessary authorization from the patient if that patient wants to have any chance of recovering his/her medical expenses. On your own, you are extremely unlikely to be able to secure authorization to access their medical records.

Old 11-08-2016, 06:11 AM

33,014 posts, read 36,569,063 times
Quote:
You really don't need to know that. Was the person walking and talking after the accident? They'll be OK. Don't miss an insurance payment. The first time is always a big shock. I was only in that one accident, and when I finally got home, cried like a baby. Seriously. My car was left facing the wrong direction in the road, and according to the tow truck driver, probably totaled. It wasn't, but it was all pretty scary at the time.

I went to traffic court and gave them money. It took over three weeks to fix my car. They did a great job. I had to go back for a couple of small things, but no charge to me. The headlight were in the wrong position for one.

You'll be fine.

Old 11-08-2016, 06:21 AM

19,191 posts, read 25,456,286 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerania View Post
You really don't need to know that. Was the person walking and talking after the accident? They'll be OK.
Maybe yes, maybe no...
Neck and back pains sometimes only manifest themselves a few hours after a vehicle collision. Between the people who legitimately develop those pains and those who are told to "fake" those pains a day or two later, it is always possible for the other party to claim--after the fact--that they have suffered significant injuries even if they seemed to be in good physical condition right after the collision.

And, if the other party goes to an unethical Chiropractor, that spinal manipulator may claim that the injured party needs treatment for an extended period of time. Don't discount the influence of ambulance chasing attorneys and the healthcare "professionals" with whom they work.

Old 11-08-2016, 06:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
Maybe yes, maybe no...
Neck and back pains sometimes only manifest themselves a few hours after a vehicle collision. Between the people who legitimately develop those pains and those who are told to "fake" those pains a day or two later, it is always possible for the other party to claim--after the fact--that they have suffered significant injuries even if they seemed to be in good physical condition right after the collision.

And, if the other party goes to an unethical Chiropractor, that spinal manipulator may claim that the injured party needs treatment for an extended period of time. Don't discount the influence of ambulance chasing attorneys and the healthcare "professionals" with whom they work.
My mom had knee problems for about a year after an accident, but the total cost wasn't outrageous. She didn't hire a lawyer to milk the system, so maybe that was the difference.

Old 11-08-2016, 08:27 AM

12 posts, read 8,258 times
Quote:
I was involved in a car accident and caused a personal injury to the other party.
I received a careless driving ticket.
The other party had personal injuries but not death/serious bodily injuries.

I was asked to appear in west windsor municipal court.

Will i be arrested for this ?

Does any one recommend a good traffic attorney in west windsor

Thank You
I got a traffic ticket once and the ticket also indicated that court appearance is required. I called the court before the date and was told there is no need to go if I can just pay the fine and plead guilty. I just paid the $85 fine and that was it. Hope this helps.

Old 11-08-2016, 09:46 AM

1,352 posts, read 1,539,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
Maybe yes, maybe no...

Had 2 accident where the other person was at fault. One was in a tractor-trailer and one in my car where I was rear ended. Both times within 2 weeks of the accident I got letters from attorneys with copies of the police accident report, the time I was rear ended there was also a brochure from a chiropractors office.

Old 11-08-2016, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue biker View Post
Had 2 accident where the other person was at fault. One was in a tractor-trailer and one in my car where I was rear ended. Both times within 2 weeks of the accident I got letters from attorneys with copies of the police accident report, the time I was rear ended there was also a brochure from a chiropractors office.
I got dozens. Every ambulance chaser within 100 miles knew where I lived.

Old 11-08-2016, 05:25 PM

10 posts, read 18,111 times
Were other party injured in your accident ? When did you come to know the extent of their injuries after the accident ?

Old 11-09-2016, 12:26 AM

In my case, no injuries thankfully. At least the woman was wearing her seat belt. I noticed that her running lights weren't operational. That was pretty obvious considering the clouds and drizzle. I was pretty achy for about a week, but a nice hot bath and an Advil or two took care of that.

I can just picture the guy my son hit looking at his hand and thinking, "My finger hurts."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey