Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2008, 07:11 AM

5 posts, read 25,254 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone,
Me and my wife moving to NJ from India first time in 2nd week of April. My office will be near 80 Livingston, Roseland - NJ. I have few doubts in my mind.

1> Which is the nearest - decent area to live in on rent near Livingston?
2> What will be the probable rent for 1 B Apt.?
3> Is proper transportation facility available in this area?
4> Is there any possibility to take apartment on rent before coming there to save the cost of hotel etc.?

It will be great help to me if you can detail me about my doubts.
Thanks,
rknirav
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-17-2008, 09:19 AM

2 posts, read 6,947 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rknirav View Post
Hi Everyone,
Me and my wife moving to NJ from India first time in 2nd week of April. My office will be near 80 Livingston, Roseland - NJ. I have few doubts in my mind.

4> Is there any possibility to take apartment on rent before coming there to save the cost of hotel etc.?

Thanks,
rknirav
1>Town in which 80 Livingston is located, is Roseland. That makes it nearest. It is very decent area.
2>No apartment rentals, whole houses yes.
3>Several bus routes go thru Roseland, connecting towns and N.York City.
4>Again, apartment no, house yes.
I live in Roseland. If you are looking for more info, contact me.

Old 03-17-2008, 11:33 AM

253 posts, read 1,267,013 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rknirav View Post
Hi Everyone,

Thanks,
rknirav
If you're looking to rent near Roseland, there aren't many rental properties, but you may look into Parsippany which has lots of rentals, a bus line, and train line and is a nice area. The Caldwells also have a few apartment complexes and is accessible to the bus and train. Very nice areas! For a 1 bedroom in these two areas it's fairly reasonable at about $900.

If you get closer to Roseland (Livingston/Short Hills/Florham Park/East Hanover) - there are buses (don't know if they travel to Roseland) and the rents are much higher $1500+. Not sure if they have a train either.

Old 03-19-2008, 12:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by girl-973-908-732 View Post
If you're looking to rent near Roseland, there aren't many rental properties, but you may look into Parsippany which has lots of rentals, a bus line, and train line and is a nice area. The Caldwells also have a few apartment complexes and is accessible to the bus and train. Very nice areas! For a 1 bedroom in these two areas it's fairly reasonable at about $900.

If you get closer to Roseland (Livingston/Short Hills/Florham Park/East Hanover) - there are buses (don't know if they travel to Roseland) and the rents are much higher $1500+. Not sure if they have a train either.
Thanks a Zillion, This is really very useful information for me.
If I conclude Parsipanny and calwells are better options...Can you detail me about them? How to commute from there to 80, Livingston(I tried to find out the route,but I couldn't)?
Is it possible to find apt. on rent before coming there?
Thanks again!!!

Old 03-19-2008, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbilek View Post
1>Town in which 80 Livingston is located, is Roseland. That makes it nearest. It is very decent area.
2>No apartment rentals, whole houses yes.
3>Several bus routes go thru Roseland, connecting towns and N.York City.
4>Again, apartment no, house yes.
I live in Roseland. If you are looking for more info, contact me.
Thanks! Please provide me the more information about Roseland. My budget is 1000 - 1100 $ /mon. and I don't think I can rent house in that budget. Please suggest me the option. If you can provide me with the map of Roseland, it will be very helpful to me....Thanks again!

Old 03-21-2008, 02:15 PM

1,977 posts, read 7,755,928 times
Here is a map of Roseland. The Large Arrow is pointing at 80 Livingston.
80 Livingston, Roseland - NJ - Google Maps

If you will be relying solely on public transportation you can use this link to help you find busses/trains that will get you as close as possible. If you can afford to drive then that will open up many many more possibilities to you. New Jersey Transit

I would look in the Parsippany (West of Roseland) and Livingston (South of Roseland) areas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey