Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-06-2017, 11:27 AM

2,499 posts, read 2,627,203 times

Advertisements

Not bull from me. I am explaining what Whitman did in her attempt to cut income tax and say property taxes would not go up.

She ultimately created a perpetual State budget shortfall unless these costs are placed back to the Local Board of Educations.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-07-2017, 03:30 PM

23,558 posts, read 17,232,713 times
Murphy's party has told us, there is a special place in hell for women who don't support other women.

The dems also claimed, not voting for a woman implies sexism. How many democrats will not vote for Kim because they are sexist?

So essentially the democrats will attack anyone who did not vote for guadagno.... do I have that right?

Old 10-08-2017, 11:03 PM

2,950 posts, read 1,638,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Murphy's party has told us, there is a special place in hell for women who don't support other women.

The dems also claimed, not voting for a woman implies sexism. How many democrats will not vote for Kim because they are sexist?

So essentially the democrats will attack anyone who did not vote for guadagno.... do I have that right?
Guadagno's going to lose. Bigly.

And you can thank Christie for that.

Old 10-09-2017, 09:41 AM

23,558 posts, read 17,232,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jburress View Post
Guadagno's going to lose. Bigly.

And you can thank Christie for that.
why can CC be thanked for people not voting for Kim?

Do not the voters look at the merits of the candidate?

Sad if they vote based only on association.

CC tunrned out to be a loser who had some bright spots. Though he did bring out the bad side of the opposition revealing them to be less than desirable and unethical and unfit for consideration at the polling place.

Murphy will be a disaster, a deblasio clone. Of the poor choices murphy is hands down the least desirable choice for NJ. Listen to his reaction about Las Vegas... more nonsensical zero impact academic solutions. NJ does not need another politician running on the moldy old political, elect me, patter that runs on an endless loop every election. Murphy and dems celebrate process not accomplishment. A perfect solution to perpetual motion which never becomes functional.

If nothing else I would like to see Trenton, county, city and state audits to reveal waste, legal corruption and fraud that bleeds the Nj taxpayers.

Say hello to red light cameras and a constantly rising gas tax with Murphy in the gov's seat and both houses dem controlled.

Leaving NJ would be sad, Murphy can make that happen.

Old 10-09-2017, 10:07 AM

18,466 posts, read 15,253,662 times
There’s no point trying to convince anyone. NJ is going to do what it always does. It will elect a democrat until they see how much more they are paying in taxes, and then they will elect a republican.

..Until enough time has passed where they forget what it was like under democratic rule and then they elect a democrat again. Rinse and repeat.

Old 10-09-2017, 03:08 PM

7,643 posts, read 6,480,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
why can CC be thanked for people not voting for Kim?

Do not the voters look at the merits of the candidate?

Sad if they vote based only on association.

CC tunrned out to be a loser who had some bright spots. Though he did bring out the bad side of the opposition revealing them to be less than desirable and unethical and unfit for consideration at the polling place.

Murphy will be a disaster, a deblasio clone. Of the poor choices murphy is hands down the least desirable choice for NJ. Listen to his reaction about Las Vegas... more nonsensical zero impact academic solutions. NJ does not need another politician running on the moldy old political, elect me, patter that runs on an endless loop every election. Murphy and dems celebrate process not accomplishment. A perfect solution to perpetual motion which never becomes functional.

If nothing else I would like to see Trenton, county, city and state audits to reveal waste, legal corruption and fraud that bleeds the Nj taxpayers.

Say hello to red light cameras and a constantly rising gas tax with Murphy in the gov's seat and both houses dem controlled.

Leaving NJ would be sad, Murphy can make that happen.
CC was a terrible a governor. He did nothing for the state and nothing for njtransit. I don't blame kim for him. Murphy would be a deblasio clone. NYC has gone downhill in terms of quality of life since bloomberg left office. Deblasio does not have what it takes to manage a city like new york. He's a communist who should have stayed Nicaragua. Unfortunately, his opponent went trump crazy so she's not going to win.

I do hope Kim wins. She's much more moderate than murphy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
There’s no point trying to convince anyone. NJ is going to do what it always does. It will elect a democrat until they see how much more they are paying in taxes, and then they will elect a republican.

..Until enough time has passed where they forget what it was like under democratic rule and then they elect a democrat again. Rinse and repeat.
THere was always chris dagget.

I don't think they NJ will ever get rid of the high taxes. People come here from philly and nyc to raise their kids because they want a good school system that is not private. Plus, we have a lot infrastructure to pay for.

Many townships to not want to merge or regionalize either and NJ cities are just beginning to gentrify.

The best we can hope for is a hearing or audit on why our taxes are so high.

Old 10-10-2017, 12:13 AM

20,341 posts, read 19,930,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangerous-Boy View Post
.......The best we can hope for is a hearing or audit on why our taxes are so high.
notgonnahappen.com

Old 10-10-2017, 04:15 AM

One good thing about N.J. (or bad thing depending on your perspective) is that the state is in such bad shape that “taxing the rich” isn’t enough to do whatever the democrats have in mind. So they are forced to tax everybody. Everybody ends up feeling the pain with the possible exception of the poor. It is the one reason that true blue N.J. elects republican governors.

Old 10-10-2017, 07:22 AM

235 posts, read 263,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
One good thing about N.J. (or bad thing depending on your perspective) is that the state is in such bad shape that “taxing the rich” isn’t enough to do whatever the democrats have in mind. So they are forced to tax everybody. Everybody ends up feeling the pain with the possible exception of the poor. It is the one reason that true blue N.J. elects republican governors.
NJ is not "true blue" as you put it. More like a blueish purple. I can't find the link and not sure it's even active anymore, but when you look at the 2016 presidential election results by town, the state is very divided (like most of the US). There was a swath of blue down the Acela Corridor surrounded by red on both sides.

Also note the House seats are fairly evenly divided between Democrat and Republican as can be seen here:

https://www.nytimes.com/elections/results/new-jersey

Let's also not forget that while a Republican presidential candidate has not won in NJ since 1988, the Republicans had a long streak here from 1968 through 1988:

https://www.270towin.com/historical-...ions/timeline/

Old 10-10-2017, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ to MA View Post
NJ is not "true blue" as you put it. More like a blueish purple. I can't find the link and not sure it's even active anymore, but when you look at the 2016 presidential election results by town, the state is very divided (like most of the US). There was a swath of blue down the Acela Corridor surrounded by red on both sides.

Also note the House seats are fairly evenly divided between Democrat and Republican as can be seen here:

https://www.nytimes.com/elections/results/new-jersey

Let's also not forget that while a Republican presidential candidate has not won in NJ since 1988, the Republicans had a long streak here from 1968 through 1988:

https://www.270towin.com/historical-...ions/timeline/
That last sentence says it all. First of all, 1988 is ancient history. The state had completely different demographics back then. But the fact that N.J. always votes for democrats in the presidential elections but will vote for republicans for state elections tells me, that they like democratic ideology in theory, but when it hits closer to home they will cross party lines.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey