Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-05-2018, 11:32 AM

607 posts, read 555,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred44 View Post
Blaming our schools? We rank at the top for schools in the country, and also the world. Being at the top doesn't come cheap. Do you want qualified people teaching your kids, or some dipstick making $25,000 year like teachers in many states around the country? The anti-intellectual movement in this country is sickening.
We have dipsticks teaching the kids...they just get paid a lot more than in other states.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-05-2018, 12:08 PM

1,947 posts, read 3,324,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYtoNJtoPA View Post
2015 was the year I left Jersey. And when I occasionally venture over there now it only looks worse. I doubt much has really changed in three years.
Something has changed...we are now proud of being ranked last in fiscal condition.

Old 07-05-2018, 12:08 PM

10,483 posts, read 7,005,412 times
To many Democrats in the state, they all need to be tossed out of office.

Old 07-05-2018, 12:10 PM

1,947 posts, read 3,324,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
Oh please!!! There are many many factors contributing to this, top of the list. Trenton that spends more then they have, former governors who raided and stole from a solvent pension plan that needs to be repaid,in private sector they would be in jail, don't even get me started
But, aren't these officials the highly educated voters of NJ put into office?

Old 07-05-2018, 12:33 PM

2,211 posts, read 1,574,375 times
NJ is The Prison State.

More people locked up here per population (this is a small garbage state, some parts are kinda nice but.. cost) than any other state

Old 07-05-2018, 02:02 PM

2,499 posts, read 2,627,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp501 View Post
Our roads cost like 10x the national average.. I love my wife's state job but the union allows her to have 12 personal days, 15 sick days, 3 work from home days, and 13 holidays, plus she had 3 snow days and has worked there less than 5 years. Plus we have health insurance that'll blow your mind.. AND her pension will cover the 2 of us with health insurance for the rest of our lives and the pension payout should be about 80% of her final income... Now the state is lucky to have my wife. She is very hard working, has a college degree from a fantastic university, and is looking for long term growth and wants to make a difference.. But most people just wanna go to work 9-5, get their 4% union raise every year, and complain whenever they have to actually work.

If we're picking reasons why the state is out of money I'm not looking at the education system.
Union has nothing to do with the time off. The time off has been the same since before I started in 1980 and there was no union. in fact everyone gets 3 personal days union or non-union. Vacation is earned depending on how many years you have worked and goes from 10-25 days. Sick leave has always been 15 days again even when there was no union.

You also do not have health insurance for life. If your wife works 25 years and retires she gets it at a cost depending on when she was first hired. If she dies and you are still alive you no longer receive the coverage. That was in place again before the union even existed.

Old 07-05-2018, 05:28 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,994,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Creamer1 View Post
NJ is The Prison State.

More people locked up here per population (this is a small garbage state, some parts are kinda nice but.. cost) than any other state
"some parts"

Old 07-05-2018, 06:19 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,668,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiLIFE View Post
Something we can be proud of our...dead last in fiscal condition. We should post billboards at the state lines..."welcome to the worst run state in the union...our school system gave us this proud title."
Anyone that blames the school system or teachers needs to go back to school and get an education.

Old 07-05-2018, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyHobkins View Post
To many Democrats in the state, they all need to be tossed out of office.
LOL, so Christie had nothing to do with it?

Old 07-05-2018, 06:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericp501 View Post
Our roads cost like 10x the national average.. I love my wife's state job but the union allows her to have 12 personal days, 15 sick days, 3 work from home days, and 13 holidays, plus she had 3 snow days and has worked there less than 5 years. Plus we have health insurance that'll blow your mind.. AND her pension will cover the 2 of us with health insurance for the rest of our lives and the pension payout should be about 80% of her final income... Now the state is lucky to have my wife. She is very hard working, has a college degree from a fantastic university, and is looking for long term growth and wants to make a difference.. But most people just wanna go to work 9-5, get their 4% union raise every year, and complain whenever they have to actually work.

If we're picking reasons why the state is out of money I'm not looking at the education system.
LOL, wow we blame the schools and Unions???The kool/aid is flowing tonight

Why won't you blame the politicians???
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey