Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2018, 10:39 PM

1,845 posts, read 1,496,568 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Joseph View Post
New Jersey is overpopulated due to ONE generation of people? There are also a lot of Millennials that also might be crowding up the state ya know

There are a lot of Boomers everywhere simply because they are the largest generation. You are going to have a lot of Boomers in NJ, and I'm sure there's Boomers out West. There's plenty of Boomers here in Erie. I haven't lived anywhere that didn't have Boomers, lol.

I'm a Generation Xer but find it amazing that you put the blame on Boomers for your dislike of your current location.

How are Boomers depressing? Any place that you pick to live in is going to have people of varying ages living there. People walk in parking lots everywhere and even in lesser populated areas like mine, it's the norm to have to wait on pedestrians walking all over the lot. Waiting is a part of life and it sounds like you need to learn some patience. Missing a green light isn't the end of the world and it's just sad that you put your own desire to hurry up over common courtesy when you rushed past the older man using the cane instead of holding the door for him.

There is no area of the country that is absolutely perfect. Some areas suit each of us better depending on our own personal preferences but you won't find utopia.

I feel that many overpopulated states like New Jersey and California tend to have more Baby Boomers who were natives. Most of California has old natives, which is another reason why they are overpopulated besides the large immigration of Hispanic people. It makes me feel dead when I am not in a state full of young people. NYC is full of young people and the only time I've seen an old crowd in NYC is when I go to Chinatown. I am not a city person sadly, so I need to find another state and a neighborhood where I can feel young and alive.

Honestly, I still feel bad I didn't hold the door for that man on a cane.

Old 08-01-2018, 01:51 AM

23,814 posts, read 34,706,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by potanta View Post
I feel that NJ is a state where not too many transplants exist. Most adults who live in NJ tend to be natives. I feel that NJ is like Florida where it's made up of so many old people except most of the old people in NJ are natives, while in Florida most of them are transplants from NJ or the North. NJ has so many retirement homes within shortish distances of each other. I am actually shocked that NJ's public transportation is filled with young adults and some middle aged people. I barely see senior citizens on NJ's public transportation.

I feel that most of NJ is overpopulated due to the amount of Baby Boomers who were born, grown here, and lived their entire lives here. Everywhere I go in NJ it's annoying. They always stare at your car when you go into a parking lot, I always have to park far from stores, because they're always walking when I am trying leave a parking lot. A lot of NJ's Baby Boomers seem babaric in behavior too. I worked at West Caldwell's ShopRite where tons of them shop and it's depressing when you barely see a young community. It's depressing and most of them were a pain to deal with as customers (not because of age, but because generational characteristics). I went to the post office today and I saw an old man on a cane walking very slowly to the Florham Park post office. He was getting somewhat close to the door, but I just walked past him instead of holding the door for him, because I am just so fed up of how many Boomers live in NJ and how they take over every strip mall and take over every piece of population within in a given area. But i feel so terrible i did that **** though. I can't even back up my car peacefully or park somewhere without these Boomers death staring at me or my car. Most of them in NJ can't drive well and they are the ones who end up crashing their car into stores. I miss green lights, because most of them take over NJ and drive too slow. This ain't the pace of Florida.

I feel that most of NJ lacks young people (which depresses me), and I only see them in areas like Morristown or areas like Dover and westward and urban parts of East Jersey. I love how NJ has great ethnic diversity, but I feel that NJ doesn't suit my preference of age demographics. Most Millennials who were born and grown in NJ want to live here forever (and most of us Millennials live with our parents till we are 30, because NJ is damn expensive), so it's going to be the same thing when we are old. I don't plan on living on NJ forever anyways, but does the West of the US have more young people (Millennials)?

The West has more transplants from what I've heard. The West in general and the scenery of the West makes me feel young and alive. I want to move somewhere out West where I can feel young and alive.

I have noticed that a lot of people my parents' age (latter 50s) or slightly older have been selling their homes in NJ and either downsizing to a smaller NJ home, moving to a NJ townhouse, or moving out of state. The population of New Jerseyans in my parents' age group will decrease after most of them retire.
Do you understand that there are 2 generations that are older than the Boomers?

Old 08-01-2018, 05:25 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,654,477 times
Seems like the states with the youngest populations are Utah, Alaska, and Washington D.C.

Go for it!

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...0QqK0u-00hiWLo

Old 08-01-2018, 06:04 AM

7,420 posts, read 2,712,999 times
Did you hatch or were you delivered to a pumpkin patch by a stork, OP? There must be at least 2 baby boomers to whom you should be grateful! (if not parents, then your parents' parents aka your grandparents)

You have too much time on your hands...get moving kiddo and do something with your life before you are old and walking with a cane!

Old 08-01-2018, 06:17 AM

19,138 posts, read 25,349,686 times
Quote:
I always feel socially anxious... These old New Jerseyans death stare at me and my car
https://www.webmd.com/mental-health/...ity-disorder#1

Old 08-01-2018, 09:20 AM

3,305 posts, read 3,871,849 times
I feel like the OP should be put on an ice floe, might be the easiest thing by far.

Old 08-01-2018, 09:28 AM

1,883 posts, read 2,829,221 times
Quote:
I feel that NJ is a state where not too many transplants exist. Most adults who live in NJ tend to be natives. I feel that NJ is like Florida where it's made up of so many old people except most of the old people in NJ are natives, while in Florida most of them are transplants from NJ or the North. NJ has so many retirement homes within shortish distances of each other. I am actually shocked that NJ's public transportation is filled with young adults and some middle aged people. I barely see senior citizens on NJ's public transportation.

I feel that most of NJ is overpopulated due to the amount of Baby Boomers who were born, grown here, and lived their entire lives here. Everywhere I go in NJ it's annoying. They always stare at your car when you go into a parking lot, I always have to park far from stores, because they're always walking when I am trying leave a parking lot. A lot of NJ's Baby Boomers seem babaric in behavior too. I worked at West Caldwell's ShopRite where tons of them shop and it's depressing when you barely see a young community. It's depressing and most of them were a pain to deal with as customers (not because of age, but because generational characteristics). I went to the post office today and I saw an old man on a cane walking very slowly to the Florham Park post office. He was getting somewhat close to the door, but I just walked past him instead of holding the door for him, because I am just so fed up of how many Boomers live in NJ and how they take over every strip mall and take over every piece of population within in a given area. But i feel so terrible i did that **** though. I can't even back up my car peacefully or park somewhere without these Boomers death staring at me or my car. Most of them in NJ can't drive well and they are the ones who end up crashing their car into stores. I miss green lights, because most of them take over NJ and drive too slow. This ain't the pace of Florida.

I feel that most of NJ lacks young people (which depresses me), and I only see them in areas like Morristown or areas like Dover and westward and urban parts of East Jersey. I love how NJ has great ethnic diversity, but I feel that NJ doesn't suit my preference of age demographics. Most Millennials who were born and grown in NJ want to live here forever (and most of us Millennials live with our parents till we are 30, because NJ is damn expensive), so it's going to be the same thing when we are old. I don't plan on living on NJ forever anyways, but does the West of the US have more young people (Millennials)?

The West has more transplants from what I've heard. The West in general and the scenery of the West makes me feel young and alive. I want to move somewhere out West where I can feel young and alive.

I have noticed that a lot of people my parents' age (latter 50s) or slightly older have been selling their homes in NJ and either downsizing to a smaller NJ home, moving to a NJ townhouse, or moving out of state. The population of New Jerseyans in my parents' age group will decrease after most of them retire.
I just hope when you get old, a young Millennial will do the same to you, never hold a door for you because you are using a cane.

I somehow agree with you, maybe because the baby boomers are the ones who can really afford to buy and live here, maybe they bought their first houses for $150k, now living mortgage free, just pay property taxes.

Old 08-01-2018, 09:56 AM

88,618 posts, read 84,875,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbnetworking View Post
I just hope when you get old, a young Millennial will do the same to you, never hold a door for you because you are using a cane.

I somehow agree with you, maybe because the baby boomers are the ones who can really afford to buy and live here, maybe they bought their first houses for $150k, now living mortgage free, just pay property taxes.
Or maybe not and that's just another stereotype.

Old 08-01-2018, 10:19 AM

3,657 posts, read 3,290,906 times
Quote:
I have to finish college first! I always wanted to set up Go Fund Me frauds to get free money so badly. Would I get caught? Hehe
Nah, you don't need to finish college. Just get a trade, move to the midwest and enjoy those factory jobs that were promised.

Old 08-01-2018, 10:31 AM

4,031 posts, read 3,646,415 times
Quote:
I drive a regular modern day car with a slightly distinguishable color and it's not noisy at all and has no damages. I always feel socially anxious when I pull into any parking lot in NJ (especially the strip malls in Florham Park). I always park away from people, because 1. It's hard to back the **** out without these old New Jerseyans walking near my car while I am trying to back the **** out. 2. These old New Jerseyans death stare at me and my car acting like I am doing something wrong although I am doing anything wrong in the parking lot.

This really sums up your problem. It has nothing to do with anyone else but you.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey