Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2018, 09:02 PM

5,069 posts, read 2,279,232 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
Okay, I humored you and looked at your link. The first house I found for $800 was a two-family. Then I clicked on two 'dots' in the mid $600 range, and found they're townhomes. Clicked on yet another for $699 - guess what? Townhome.

There's a cute little three bedroom for $689, built in 1968. Guess what happens if you sort by 'new construction'? The one I mentioned before, for over a million, and one for $880.

I live right next door to New Providence, and we just bought here. You think I don't know what houses are selling for?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2018, 06:54 AM

18,323 posts, read 10,668,122 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by swilliamsny View Post
Okay, I humored you and looked at your link. The first house I found for $800 was a two-family. Then I clicked on two 'dots' in the mid $600 range, and found they're townhomes. Clicked on yet another for $699 - guess what? Townhome.

There's a cute little three bedroom for $689, built in 1968. Guess what happens if you sort by 'new construction'? The one I mentioned before, for over a million, and one for $880.

I live right next door to New Providence, and we just bought here. You think I don't know what houses are selling for?
Seems like it ,right up front there is this....................

https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sal...ct/12_zm/1_fr/

https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sal...2_zm/2_p/1_fr/

and a few other.

Old 09-30-2018, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Seems like it ,right up front there is this....................

https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sal...ct/12_zm/1_fr/

https://www.zillow.com/homes/for_sal...2_zm/2_p/1_fr/

and a few other.
The first one is beautiful, but it's an older cape. Not exactly the "newer" profile. The second one fits, but is $50K over their budget. Not to mention, both are on very busy streets, which may or may not be an issue with the OP.

I love New Providence, but it doesn't fit the OP's requirements for both big new house and $750/$800 budget.

Old 09-30-2018, 01:39 PM

Quote:
The first one is beautiful, but it's an older cape. Not exactly the "newer" profile. The second one fits, but is $50K over their budget. Not to mention, both are on very busy streets, which may or may not be an issue with the OP.

I love New Providence, but it doesn't fit the OP's requirements for both big new house and $750/$800 budget.
I think I have given them another option.

Old 09-30-2018, 02:50 PM

31,771 posts, read 40,705,240 times
Quote:

thats a good point people post zillow listings all the time to see what is available but there are certain critical details that could explain why something is available at an unexpectedly lower price point. being on a busy street is an absolute deal breaker for me. its like having the train tracks right behind your house.

Old 09-30-2018, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
thats a good point people post zillow listings all the time to see what is available but there are certain critical details that could explain why something is available at an unexpectedly lower price point. being on a busy street is an absolute deal breaker for me. its like having the train tracks right behind your house.
My street was busy during the summer when parking from town would overflow but any other time it wasn't busy at all. So what does that say,just pointing out that I too have lived in the area of New Providence and do not personally think those streets are bad. The perspective residents must determine that on there own. There are other homes in their price range was all I was trying to point out.
My parents had 7 children and picked the house that was right for them in the town that was right for them..............and none of us played in a busy street.

Old 10-01-2018, 07:16 AM

Quote:
My street was busy during the summer when parking from town would overflow but any other time it wasn't busy at all. So what does that say,just pointing out that I too have lived in the area of New Providence and do not personally think those streets are bad. The perspective residents must determine that on there own. There are other homes in their price range was all I was trying to point out.
My parents had 7 children and picked the house that was right for them in the town that was right for them..............and none of us played in a busy street.
Springfield Avenue is not bad for traffic?! You're out of your mind.

Old 10-01-2018, 08:07 AM

3,992 posts, read 2,459,347 times
Quote:
thanks. power lines wouldnt have really affected me but i had some friends that were freaking out about it. i remember one guy in middletown was very upset about it. it wouldnt have provided us with any benefit so im glad they were successful in shutting it down.

beau ridge was a great place to live. one great thing about it is that my monthly expenses were almost exactly the same for every month i lived there. nobody really gets much of a yard, if you have a house that backs to the woods you kind of get a little something. are you in middletown? i almost didnt post what i said about middletown because i thought that might be where you are. almost.
we were close in Oak Hill section of Mtown- which we really liked- very "Holmdel-like" and would have been better for commute, but ended up on the peninsula instead, which we're happy with.

Old 10-01-2018, 08:47 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,705,240 times
Quote:
i get it. there are a lot of people living in the same town as me that are in really nice houses in locations that i wouldnt ever consider. its going to be whatever works for the person. its just that when he posted that i thought it was something people dont always think about when looking at what zillow listings fit into what price range. there are details that they dont tell you about in the listing.

Old 10-01-2018, 11:09 AM

3,992 posts, read 2,459,347 times
Quote:
i get it. there are a lot of people living in the same town as me that are in really nice houses in locations that i wouldnt ever consider. its going to be whatever works for the person. its just that when he posted that i thought it was something people dont always think about when looking at what zillow listings fit into what price range. there are details that they dont tell you about in the listing.
yup- when we were looking we noticed this pretty early on. We ended up driving around the towns we liked and making list of street names we liked so once we got auto email from agent on new listing we knew immediately if we wanted to see house or not and not waste time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey