Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-30-2018, 12:17 PM

10 posts, read 15,263 times

Advertisements

we recently purchased home in the sea bright area and would love to join a beach club. Suggestions on which ones? We are a family with two elementary school children - looking to meet families, enjoy the beach. Also, are there some that don't have as long of a wait list so we could potentially join for this summer (2019)? Thanks.
Quick reply to this message

Old 11-30-2018, 12:31 PM

6,203 posts, read 3,544,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccc999 View Post
we recently purchased home in the sea bright area and would love to join a beach club. Suggestions on which ones? We are a family with two elementary school children - looking to meet families, enjoy the beach. Also, are there some that don't have as long of a wait list so we could potentially join for this summer (2019)? Thanks.
There are quite a few. Depends on your budget. Zoom in on Sea Bright in Google maps to see what's there.

Old 11-30-2018, 03:14 PM

3,992 posts, read 2,457,199 times
chapel, sea bright, Monmouth Beach Bath & Tennis, driftwood- all big $$$ higher end, with Driftwood leaning a bit more new $$$ than the others.. Sands, Ship Ahoy more down to earth/middle or upper middle class (for a sea bright beach club) also promenade in long branch is nice.
Best bet- see what your neighbors or new friends in the area join since they tend to act as social centers and camps for the summer- so if you join one you'll be hanging with the people there for the most part.

Old 11-30-2018, 06:20 PM

901 posts, read 2,248,158 times
Agree with Mets fan, put in your application at three clubs
-Sands
- Ship Ahoy and
- Surfrider

Tour them, look and prices and availability. Also see where your neighbors and kids friends go. Then pick from there.

Old 12-04-2018, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OysterCatcher View Post
Agree with Mets fan, put in your application at three clubs
-Sands
- Ship Ahoy and
- Surfrider

Tour them, look and prices and availability. Also see where your neighbors and kids friends go. Then pick from there.

will also note- you don't need a cabana if its a shock at the cost...most people have lockers, basically a small closet to store chairs/umbrella/cart.....you get same access at fraction of the cost....best of all- the parking!!!

Old 12-07-2018, 06:41 AM

857 posts, read 834,223 times
I understand that Driftwood offers a MS13 discount. Maybe that will help.

Old 12-17-2018, 09:25 AM

10 posts, read 15,263 times
Thanks, all! I didn't get any response yet from the clubs I submitted - one has a vm that says they are full until 2020 so I'm thinking we may need to wait a year before we get to one. Was hoping to make some friends through club this summer since we may move full time to area in short term but will have to see. Thanks so much for feedback!

Old 12-17-2018, 09:41 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,680,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ccc999 View Post
Thanks, all! I didn't get any response yet from the clubs I submitted - one has a vm that says they are full until 2020 so I'm thinking we may need to wait a year before we get to one. Was hoping to make some friends through club this summer since we may move full time to area in short term but will have to see. Thanks so much for feedback!
i was a member of chapel, now ive been at driftwood for the past 3 summers (and next one). its good for families with young children where the parents like to socialize all day. kids play, parents socialize with a beverage in hand.

as far as getting in for 2019, my guess is that you could get in but you would probably end up with a cabana in a less desirable location. however, if you are just 1 family, you may be able to slip into a cabana in a good location. just give them a call and check.

last year driftwood let members keep the same rates if they paid early. so a lot of members saw a double hit for the upcoming season. two of the families in my cabana dropped out (out of 4 total). so id imagine that availability is a bit better than usual.

Old 12-17-2018, 09:54 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,680,213 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OysterCatcher View Post

i forgot this. its critical. you are going to have a better time if you join a place where you have friends. probably more important than any of the small differences between beach clubs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metsfan53 View Post
driftwood- all big $$$ higher end, with Driftwood leaning a bit more new $$$ than the others.. Sands, Ship Ahoy more down to earth/middle or upper middle class.
this reminds me of what my dad said when he spent a day at driftwood. a friend came over to say hello and he had a tattoo. after he walks away, my dad says to me that there are a lot of blue collar people there. he sees a tattoo and he thinks the guy must be a steel worker or something.

chapel was mostly rumson/fair haven people so it was a bit more of a fancier crowd. a lot more old people than at driftwood. its my understanding though that you wouldnt be able to get into chapel anytime soon.

Old 12-17-2018, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
i forgot this. its critical. you are going to have a better time if you join a place where you have friends. probably more important than any of the small differences between beach clubs.

this reminds me of what my dad said when he spent a day at driftwood. a friend came over to say hello and he had a tattoo. after he walks away, my dad says to me that there are a lot of blue collar people there. he sees a tattoo and he thinks the guy must be a steel worker or something.

chapel was mostly rumson/fair haven people so it was a bit more of a fancier crowd. a lot more old people than at driftwood. its my understanding though that you wouldnt be able to get into chapel anytime soon.
that fits what I've witnessed and heard to a T. Chapel, maybe if you know the family that owns it you have a shot...lol....hope my Driftwood description wasn't taken as a negative- but exactly what you said -Chapel/Sea Bright is more old $$ Rumson esp......
and yes- you will be MUCH happier if you join club friends/neighbors/school mates belong to...

For Some of the clubs from what I've learned is that if you send in the check for the year for a cabana with your application- it sometimes solves the whole "wait list" problem..Chapel prob not so much.....prob same with Monmouth Bath and Tennis.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey