Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2018, 11:50 AM

325 posts, read 582,864 times

Advertisements

Low property taxes
Enforce immigration laws (not a sanctuary state)
Second amendment as a gun law.

Man do I live in the wrong state!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2018, 11:56 AM

10,222 posts, read 19,220,925 times
https://youtu.be/BLptTDUy6E8?t=600

Old 12-02-2018, 12:27 PM

325 posts, read 582,864 times
I moved out to sussex county in the late 70's. It was good back then. I'm 4 miles from the Delaware river and Pa.
Made a mistake, should have gone the extra distance.

Old 12-02-2018, 02:10 PM

480 posts, read 481,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuck172 View Post
Low property taxes
Won't happen until the school funding mechanism is radically changed and schools are administered on the county level. That won't happen because the parochialism that has fractured New Jersey into 565 municipalities is even stronger at the school district level. People generally blame politicians for this but the reality is its the parents who don't want it. People complain about property taxes all day long but the minute anyone proposes to merge a school district or two it immediately becomes "Surely you're not suggesting I send my kids to school with those kids!?!?"

Quote:
I'm not sure that expecting our local and state police departments to take on a federal responsibility would lower our taxes in any way. Besides, I don't really don't deal with any problems caused by illegal immigrants where I live. Maybe its different in Sussex County? I'll have to ask my in-laws.

Quote:
I certainly would prefer the right to carry, but again, realistically it will never happen here.

Quote:
I've felt that way before as well, but generally, where you live is probably about 10%-the other 90% is what you make of it. Not sure what part of Sussex County you're in, but down here in Hunterdon, I have enough land to do pretty much what I want, taxes are reasonable ($9,800 for 2600SF house on 2 acres, private road), and the schools and the people are great. I have no neighbors and live 1/4 mile off of the road, hunt and shoot on my own land, ride ATVs, raise animals, etc...but next weekend we'll be bringing our daughters to Radio City to see the Rockettes. Its the best of both worlds but there's a price to pay for that.

Old 12-02-2018, 02:30 PM

7,685 posts, read 6,199,724 times
Quote:
Low property taxes

You have a better chance of a blizzard happening on the 4th of July.

Old 12-02-2018, 03:51 PM

607 posts, read 555,381 times
Quote:
Low property taxes

Yet you picked a state with:

Very high property taxes
Lax immigration enforcement
Strict gun control

Hell, part of your taxes go to immigrant services.

Old 12-02-2018, 06:05 PM

551 posts, read 1,188,870 times
Thinking of moving to NC but scared of hurricanes/snakes - and there are pros/cons of almost every State - Fl - too humid, etc

Old 12-02-2018, 06:24 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,671,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonorityGenius View Post
Thinking of moving to NC but scared of hurricanes/snakes - and there are pros/cons of almost every State - Fl - too humid, etc
......don't forget gators!!!

Old 12-02-2018, 06:40 PM

480 posts, read 481,290 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SonorityGenius View Post
If we were to go anywhere it would be north. Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont, etc...but the fact of the matter is that family is here and the jobs aren't there. The heat and humidity in this state are barely fit for human habitation let alone the South. I'll take negative 20°F over 90°F and 95% humidity any day. All that said, we love where we are and I plan on leaving here in a box.

Old 12-02-2018, 09:19 PM

3,882 posts, read 2,374,579 times
Quote:
Low property taxes

There is always I-95 and it does head South. You can head down there for the lower quality. You get what you pay for.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey