Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-22-2019, 05:32 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,710,630 times

Advertisements

Rahway would be the fastest since it is closer and it had both local and Express train to New Brunswick. Linden and Elizabeth only has local trains.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-22-2019, 09:35 PM

652 posts, read 1,276,502 times
Default Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by vision33r View Post
Rahway would be the fastest since it is closer and it had both local and Express train to New Brunswick. Linden and Elizabeth only has local trains.
Thank you very much, can you tell me about parking? I have asked this question 3 times on here and no one answered to that yet. I am planning on renting with roommate and wondering how the parking situations are in Rahway, Linden or surrounding areas? Are there any free on or off street parking available or it’s like in Jersey City where you have to use parking garages and pay for permits.?

Old 03-22-2019, 10:53 PM

7,055 posts, read 19,312,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katalin View Post
Thank you very much, can you tell me about parking? I have asked this question 3 times on here and no one answered to that yet. I am planning on renting with roommate and wondering how the parking situations are in Rahway, Linden or surrounding areas? Are there any free on or off street parking available or it’s like in Jersey City where you have to use parking garages and pay for permits.?
Sorry, I can’t help with parking. I don’t own a car, and so parking is something I’ve never cared or thought about.

Old 03-23-2019, 08:22 PM

20,550 posts, read 17,710,630 times
Quote:
Rahway parking is only a block away but you have to be there like before 830 to get parking spot or else it can be tricky. It costs $8 to park full day. Last time I was there, I parked 7-8 blocks away in a residential area for free. I know Linden Station Parking lot is $5 all day and there are scattered residential parking about 5-6 blocks away but not worth it as $5 was bad.

Old 03-23-2019, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Rahway parking is only a block away but you have to be there like before 830 to get parking spot or else it can be tricky. It costs $8 to park full day. Last time I was there, I parked 7-8 blocks away in a residential area for free. I know Linden Station Parking lot is $5 all day and there are scattered residential parking about 5-6 blocks away but not worth it as $5 was bad.
Thank you so much! Actually I was asking about parking around the area where we are going to rent not at the
train stations but I wanted to know this too.

So do you know if there are easy parking in residential areas where I can just park my car where will be renting? (Rahway, Elizabeth, Linden or surrounding area)

Old 03-24-2019, 12:34 PM

12,883 posts, read 13,994,090 times
Quote:
Thank you so much! Actually I was asking about parking around the area where we are going to rent not at the
train stations but I wanted to know this too.

So do you know if there are easy parking in residential areas where I can just park my car where will be renting? (Rahway, Elizabeth, Linden or surrounding area)
I'm betting no one really knows unless they live in apartments or condos in these municipalities. I'm assuming you mean renting apartments/condos and not homes, because with homes you'll likely have a driveway and probably a garage and this won't really be an issue. I live in Union County but not in any of these places. I go to Linden sometimes and Elizabeth less often, rarely ever Rahway, but I don't know about residential parking in any of them. Presumably there is street parking in most areas but I don't know how available spots are, if you'll be parking far from your unit or not, or if there are any limitations. I don't know if you need a residential parking permit anywhere. It may help to check the municipalities' websites to find parking info, and to narrow it down to specific locations/buildings you may be living in rather than anywhere in all 3 towns.

It also depends on where exactly you'll be living because if you're living in downtown Linden, which is really Wood Ave from a certain point to about the train station, I'm pretty sure street parking right downtown is meant for customers of the downtown businesses and not to leave your car there all day or night, it's metered parking. I know there are some apartments right on Wood Ave downtown or near it, but idk what parking is like for residents in that particular area of Linden.

So basically, ease and availability of parking depends on where you'll be living in each municipality.

Old 03-24-2019, 02:17 PM

Default Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyGirl415 View Post
I'm betting no one really knows unless they live in apartments or condos in these municipalities. I'm assuming you mean renting apartments/condos and not homes, because with homes you'll likely have a driveway and probably a garage and this won't really be an issue. I live in Union County but not in any of these places. I go to Linden sometimes and Elizabeth less often, rarely ever Rahway, but I don't know about residential parking in any of them. Presumably there is street parking in most areas but I don't know how available spots are, if you'll be parking far from your unit or not, or if there are any limitations. I don't know if you need a residential parking permit anywhere. It may help to check the municipalities' websites to find parking info, and to narrow it down to specific locations/buildings you may be living in rather than anywhere in all 3 towns.

It also depends on where exactly you'll be living because if you're living in downtown Linden, which is really Wood Ave from a certain point to about the train station, I'm pretty sure street parking right downtown is meant for customers of the downtown businesses and not to leave your car there all day or night, it's metered parking. I know there are some apartments right on Wood Ave downtown or near it, but idk what parking is like for residents in that particular area of Linden.

So basically, ease and availability of parking depends on where you'll be living in each municipality.
Thank you

Old 03-24-2019, 10:12 PM

Default re

Quote:

Thank you.
When you say local what do you mean? I see that Linden and Elizabeth have trains go to Newark etc?

Old 03-25-2019, 08:16 AM

1,146 posts, read 860,463 times
Parking in all three of those towns is very hard to find to be honest and NJT charges you to park at those train stations (if you even find a spot)

Old 03-25-2019, 08:17 AM

1,146 posts, read 860,463 times
Also, rent prices are slightly lower in Elizabeth, compared to Linden and Rahway.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey