Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-06-2019, 09:17 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,698,345 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
Not vaccinating against measles during an outbreak is different from vaccinating as part of a school mandate.

Refusing to vaccinate in order to keep an outbreak from getting bigger should not be on the table.
there is no difference. government simply lacks that right and that is the end of it. government doesnt have rights that we dont have. if i shouldnt force you to get a vaccine against your will; neither should government.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-06-2019, 10:00 AM

37,105 posts, read 41,267,704 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
there is no difference. government simply lacks that right and that is the end of it. government doesnt have rights that we dont have. if i shouldnt force you to get a vaccine against your will; neither should government.
If you are part of an ongoing outbreak of a vaccine preventable disease you could legally be forced to vaccinate. It is unlikely to happen, but it could. You do not have the right to put other people at risk for serious diseases.

Old 05-06-2019, 10:39 AM

Quote:
If you are part of an ongoing outbreak of a vaccine preventable disease you could legally be forced to vaccinate. It is unlikely to happen, but it could. You do not have the right to put other people at risk for serious diseases.
im not aware of the government legally having that power. i am aware that they can legally mandate it if you want access to public services like public school but not to just say everyone living here must vaccinate.

if that were legal, it would still be wrong. government legal doesnt have anything to do with what is right or wrong.

Old 05-06-2019, 11:52 AM

9,511 posts, read 6,103,034 times
Quote:
Forcing vaccination: Since the vaccine is so much better at protecting us from others who are vaccinated; than it is at protecting us from someone who has the Measles.

Too bad there isn't a vaccine to protect against that sort of logic.

* I am not from NJ so I will keep it to a minimum.

Old 05-06-2019, 12:14 PM

Quote:
im not aware of the government legally having that power. i am aware that they can legally mandate it if you want access to public services like public school but not to just say everyone living here must vaccinate.

if that were legal, it would still be wrong. government legal doesnt have anything to do with what is right or wrong.
It is legal.

https://newrepublic.com/article/1209...t-vaccine-laws

Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
Forcing vaccination: Since the vaccine is so much better at protecting us from others who are vaccinated; than it is at protecting us from someone who has the Measles.

Too bad there isn't a vaccine to protect against that sort of logic.

* I am not from NJ so I will keep it to a minimum.
It's your logic that's screwy.

"Since the vaccine is so much better at protecting us from others who are vaccinated; than it is at protecting us from someone who has the Measles." is false.

Old 05-06-2019, 12:41 PM

Quote:
this isnt accurate. its right there at the end of the first paragraph:

" the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, which sits in Manhattan, cited that century-old precedent in rejecting a constitutional challenge to a New York law requiring that all kids attending public schools be vaccinated."

like i said before, they can stop you from going to a public school but they cant just force you to get a vaccine.

Old 05-06-2019, 03:11 PM

Quote:

" the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit, which sits in Manhattan, cited that century-old precedent in rejecting a constitutional challenge to a New York law requiring that all kids attending public schools be vaccinated."

like i said before, they can stop you from going to a public school but they cant just force you to get a vaccine.
The law that allows you to be vaccinated during an outbreak has nothing to do with school mandates. Read the link again, please.

Old 05-06-2019, 05:55 PM

"
Quote:
The law that allows you to be vaccinated during an outbreak has nothing to do with school mandates. Read the link again, please.
this is at the end of the article:

"Of course, the ruling is only binding within the context of public education; nothing prevents the parents from homeschooling their children and keeping them vaccination-free. And it remains to be seen whether these parents will be appealing to a higher court to review the case. But given that the Supreme Court has already spoken loudly on the matter, here’s hoping faith in the judgment of the courts and the rule of law will prevail."

seriously, are you illiterate? why would you direct me to read the article again after i already showed that you were wrong? im not exactly sure what it is about your personality that made you do that but its not something you should be proud of.

Old 05-06-2019, 06:15 PM

9,511 posts, read 6,103,034 times
Quote:
It's your logic that's screwy.

"Since the vaccine is so much better at protecting us from others who are vaccinated; than it is at protecting us from someone who has the Measles." is false.
Perfect. Then those who wish to should be vaccinated. Why are we talking about "forced vaccinations"?

Old 05-06-2019, 06:39 PM

Quote:

Quote:
"

this is at the end of the article:

"Of course, the ruling is only binding within the context of public education; nothing prevents the parents from homeschooling their children and keeping them vaccination-free. And it remains to be seen whether these parents will be appealing to a higher court to review the case. But given that the Supreme Court has already spoken loudly on the matter, here’s hoping faith in the judgment of the courts and the rule of law will prevail."

seriously, are you illiterate? why would you direct me to read the article again after i already showed that you were wrong? im not exactly sure what it is about your personality that made you do that but its not something you should be proud of.
First link in the article:

https://casetext.com/case/henning-ja...-massachusetts

The case upheld the power of the state to enforce vaccination on an adult during a smallpox epidemic.

https://journalofethics.ama-assn.org...idemic/2006-04

"In this case the Jacobson Court’s ruling has stood—not allowing a single individual to refuse vaccination while he or she remains within the general population on the grounds that to make such an exception would strip the legislative branch of its function to care for the public health and safety when threatened by epidemic disease [8]"

During an outbreak you could legally be forced to vaccinate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coschristi View Post
Perfect. Then those who wish to should be vaccinated. Why are we talking about "forced vaccinations"?
I don't know, since no one is forced to vaccinate regarding school mandates.

Your sentence, "Since the vaccine is so much better at protecting us from others who are vaccinated; than it is at protecting us from someone who has the Measles." still makes no sense.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey