Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-30-2008, 11:32 AM

3,269 posts, read 9,942,005 times

Advertisements

Also if you would like to email you can do so here:

http://www.environmentnewjersey.org/action/preservation/parks2?id4=ES (broken link)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2008, 11:33 AM

2,736 posts, read 9,676,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marye711 View Post
Finally yes, I do hate sunlight. So what? What are you a vampire or something?
You probably missed it among the rest of his acid-induced discourse... his mother had an affair with a vampire!

Maybe he just has an obsession with Blade. No wait, techno music played in Blade, which makes it - what, a guido movie?

Old 04-30-2008, 11:35 AM

3,859 posts, read 9,988,281 times
Okay, I swear, as hard as it will be, I'm tearing myself away from this thread. I'm getting absolutely nothing done today and it's way past lunchtime and I haven't gotten anything to eat! A few parting comments and then I'm done. VictorianPunk, I hope you find whatever it is you're looking for in Portland, because you sure aren't finding it here. I would just caution you to not expect it to be the utopian paradise you've made it out to be in your mind. Just as you've over generalized and mis-characterized the people of New Jersey by blowing it's bad qualities WAY out of proportion, it seems as though you've only viewed Portland through deeply rose colored glasses. Basically all I'm saying is that it would really suck to get out there to find that you see the same problems in a different place. IMHO your search for the perfect place to live is a misplaced search for yourself. Have you ever taken the time to read the bizarre stuff that you post on the internet? You seem to have "made up" a persona because you have no idea who the hell you really are, and I'm betting you won't truly be happy until you figure that out-no matter where you live.

"What the..."

"Hey!"

"Doctor Phil!? What the hell are you doing on my computer!?"

Ok-time for lunch...Badfish-out.

Old 04-30-2008, 11:36 AM

1,308 posts, read 4,623,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuCullin View Post
You probably missed it among the rest of his acid-induced discourse... his mother had an affair with a vampire!

Maybe he just has an obsession with Blade. No wait, techno music played in Blade, which makes it - what, a guido movie?
On the other thread I said he would be a good choice for celebrity rehab...

Old 04-30-2008, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badfish740 View Post
Badfish-out.
That settles it... you're now, unofficially, Ryan Seacrest in camo.

(I had to actually look that up - I just remember the "Seacrest.... out" line being repeated on O&A )

Old 04-30-2008, 11:39 AM

7,222 posts, read 11,945,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
First, all of the above "open spaces" you mention are about the size of a bowling alley. I have to them all, and us to fish in the Water Gap (until they found mercury...) and I can tell you, it's nothing to write home about. Jersy's slice of the Applachian trail is all of about ten miles in the furthest north, and the Delaware river is only slightly more "scenic" than a Newark slum. Compared to Olympic National forest or Mount Hood, it's a dirty backyard.

Also, every state has a parks commission. BIG DEAL. Difference is that Jersey has less of a need for one sense it's inhabitants don't like the parks at all and prefer the malls of seaside. I might also add that most Jersey forests are actually swamp...

As for mass Transit...yahh, the path in Newark or Jersey city account for about 80% of it, I'm sure.

Finally yes, I do hate sunlight. So what? how does that make me negative? Like I said, a real cynic is someone who sees a scene like this

and say "the sky is grey..." NO, I do not see grey, I see platinum and quicksilver, with mable in the back.

Allrighty then! !!!!!!??????

Old 04-30-2008, 12:03 PM

9,379 posts, read 20,825,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victorianpunk View Post
First, all of the above "open spaces" you mention are about the size of a bowling alley. I have to them all, and us to fish in the Water Gap (until they found mercury...) and I can tell you, it's nothing to write home about. Jersy's slice of the Applachian trail is all of about ten miles in the furthest north, and the Delaware river is only slightly more "scenic" than a Newark slum. Compared to Olympic National forest or Mount Hood, it's a dirty backyard.

Also, every state has a parks commission. BIG DEAL. Difference is that Jersey has less of a need for one sense it's inhabitants don't like the parks at all and prefer the malls of seaside. I might also add that most Jersey forests are actually swamp...

As for mass Transit...yahh, the path in Newark or Jersey city account for about 80% of it, I'm sure.

Finally yes, I do hate sunlight. So what? how does that make me negative? Like I said, a real cynic is someone who sees a scene like this

and say "the sky is grey..." NO, I do not see grey, I see platinum and quicksilver, with mable in the back.
I hope you find what you are looking for. What many people on the C-D.com forums fail to recognize is that for all the intense discussion regarding climate, scenery, types of people, culture, politics, when you get all the intangibles out of the way, we still have to (most of us anyway) get up in the morning, do a good day's work, live a conventional life, and to that end, we have to be happy with ourselves. Your inner conflict might very well be something that geography can't cure.

My closest relative lives in Portland. I've been there before, and it's a very beautiful place. But all the scenic beauty in the world isn't going to repair what you might be feeling deep inside. 90% of anyone's life is spent indoors in this country anyway. It's a sad fact,but it's true.

Old 04-30-2008, 12:04 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,715,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Calico696 View Post
Allrighty then! !!!!!!??????
I do have to say, for all the multitudes of reasons why one would not want to live in New Jersey - too much sun is a new one!! victorianpunk makes NJ seem like Phoenix for crying out loud.

Old 04-30-2008, 12:37 PM

3,859 posts, read 9,988,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CuCullin View Post
That settles it... you're now, unofficially, Ryan Seacrest in camo.
I'm opting back into this thread after swearing it off in true Eric the Midget fashion (Tahiti will get that one)-I really did reference Ryan Seacrest. Shame on me-seriously, if I ever do that again slap me.

Old 04-30-2008, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badfish740 View Post
I'm opting back into this thread after swearing it off in true Eric the Midget fashion (Tahiti will get that one)-I really did reference Ryan Seacrest. Shame on me-seriously, if I ever do that again slap me.
Its ok, I'll attribute it to home buying stress
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey