Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2021, 08:02 AM

1 posts, read 3,534 times

Advertisements

Hi,
We are family of two: my wife and myself. We are planning to buy townhome or single family home in Edison(North) or metuchen area. We prefer townhome so that we don't need to worry about exterior maintenance. I see north edison has very good school district but townhomes are old, newer ones cost a lot (newer ones are mostly single family homes) Metuchen seems to have more recent townhomes (built around 2000) and most of these seem to be close to NJ Transit train station in metuchen. I also see lot of amenities close by to station like day care centers, etc. Also school rating for metuchen is good per greatschools.org. However when I look at sale history in zillow, I dont see much appreciation in home prices and most of homes are getting sold below listing price. I am trying to figure out why this is the case. There is high chance we move to different state after 5-6 years and we plan to keep this property (so we would like to rent it out) so was wondering how easy it is to rent out properties in metuchen.
Thanks in advance for your inputs
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2021, 05:43 PM

1,163 posts, read 1,807,674 times
exterior maintenance is no big deal.

power wash the vinyl siding

replace the roof every 20 years

buy single family home

you'll want to check out HOA regulations regarding renting
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey