Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-02-2022, 02:00 PM

23 posts, read 43,782 times

Advertisements

How would you compare the three towns? Not from an affordability perspective per say - more makeup of the people, ease of commute to midtown, schools, community vibe? Do you know if there is a well attended Catholic Church in any of the three towns? In wyckoff why do you get to choose between Ramapo and Indian Hills high school? How does it work if everyone picks ramapo? Is one better than the other? Any insights would be greatly appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2022, 05:39 PM

6,116 posts, read 12,588,476 times
If I was to personally choose, I'd vote for GR based on downtown, commute and schools (independent vs. regional). I live in a neighboring town.

Wyckoff is a nice town and Haworth is very very small.

Old 08-03-2022, 07:53 PM

650 posts, read 774,171 times
How is Haworth elementary school ?

Haworth has less Asians than neighboring towns.

Old 08-04-2022, 11:03 AM

332 posts, read 521,580 times
Haworth is tiny, people I know there seem to like it. Lots of real estate activity lately as it's reasonably cheaper than Tenafly, Demarest, etc as it's further from any highways. Lots of houses trade off market these days so you need to get to know the brokers, unfortunately.

Old 08-04-2022, 11:27 AM

962 posts, read 540,481 times
Wyckoff is big and diverse in terms of home types, a decent mix of 3 bedroom houses and larger houses. Some good restaurants in that shopping center on Franklin Ave.

Haworth is pretty small, and quiet. There's a country club, and it's close to some very affluent towns. Closter is close, and is good for shopping. Westwood is close too.

Glen Rock is like a diet-Ridgewood, but it still a great town. Super affluent though. Don't know much about the restaurants, but Ridgewood is close by.

Schools are all excellent. For a commute to midtown, the bus is probably the best option for 42nd street. Trains require a transfer at Secaucus for Penn, or Hoboken for PATH, ferry, etc. I'd say Glen Rock is the best for commuting just because of options, but commutes should be equally miserable for all three towns.

I'd rank them 1) Glen Rock, 2) Haworth, 3) Wyckoff but all three are top-tier IMO.

Old 08-05-2022, 09:34 AM

521 posts, read 991,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slider62089 View Post
How would you compare the three towns?
OP,
Back in 2021 you had asked about "Ridgewood vs Glen Rock vs Haworth". Did you move to Bergen county last year?

Old 08-05-2022, 10:16 AM

We haven’t moved yet - hoping to move in the next couple of months.

Old 08-05-2022, 10:33 AM

6,116 posts, read 12,588,476 times
why did you rule out RR and add wykoff?

Old 08-05-2022, 06:56 PM

I am a little worried Ridgewood is too “keeping up with the Jones” and that the school systems might be too cut throat / competitive. As beautiful as the town is, I don’t think I want my kids feeling that level of pressure. I recognize glen rock may be similar but from what I understand it’s not as intense.

Old 08-05-2022, 07:12 PM

1,471 posts, read 3,458,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slider62089 View Post
I am a little worried Ridgewood is too “keeping up with the Jones” and that the school systems might be too cut throat / competitive. As beautiful as the town is, I don’t think I want my kids feeling that level of pressure. I recognize glen rock may be similar but from what I understand it’s not as intense.
Got news for ya… ALL those towns are keeping’ up with the Jones towns. When you’re talking about towns of that level of affluence, there’s no avoiding it. You’re splitting hairs.

If you need to split the hairs, Glen Rock is a touch more affordable and less keeping up with the Jones than the others. But you’ll still be paying’ plenty and seeing the Jones Families regularly…
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey