Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2022, 08:28 AM

19,120 posts, read 25,316,835 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HudsonCoNJ View Post
Must be the bagels...
.. or the high salaries, or the low crime rate, or the high percentage of well-educated people, or...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2022, 09:13 AM

7,349 posts, read 3,520,483 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 46H View Post
Oh, you heard it. My bad.

So your link did not indicate free tuition for illegal immigrants in NJ.

Murphy has not given free tuition to illegal immigrants.

You are complaining about the high NJ property taxes and blaming Murphy for something that has not happened. How can the high NJ property taxes be lowered by eliminating a program that does not exist?
https://www.northjersey.com/story/ne...ts/2049343001/

Old 11-03-2022, 09:15 AM

846 posts, read 681,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retriever View Post
the low crime rate
Depends where you live in NJ. There are some very high crime areas.

The concern is that some people are price-sensitive. If someone in NJ needs cheaper rent, will they have to move to an apartment in a high crime neighborhood?

The sad part is that many of the areas with cheaper rent/higher crime in NJ are actually equally or more expensive than some of the middle to upper class apartments in other states.

Again, I love NJ. And there are a lot of good neighborhoods, but it comes at a price.

Old 11-03-2022, 09:36 AM

6,358 posts, read 4,177,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
Like I've said many times. NJ should be a great state. Politicians destroyed it.
And the politicians are destroying our entire Country including all states

Old 11-03-2022, 12:03 PM

12,159 posts, read 7,989,874 times
There is sooo much construction, everywhere. I took a drive on 22 today from Bedminster to Newark. Atleast 20 large scale apt/condo/townhome communities underway. Bound Brook, Bedminster, South Bound Brook, Somerville have atleast 2,000+ units underway too. Bayonne has thousands of units under construction. The Shore Points have tons too. The Waterfront like Weehawken and JC are unstoppable. Harrison, Kearny, Newark proper, Harrison, Hackensack, Morristown, The Brunswicks and Carteret have atleast 3 major projects about to open/underway/breaking ground soon. If I had to guess, I would say there is atleast 25,000 apartments under construction right now in NJ.

Something has got to give with these prices. Its unsustainable.

Old 11-03-2022, 01:14 PM

1 posts, read 644 times
I think that is how many feel. Love the state, hate the taxes. You may have "more" at your disposal but less cash to enjoy it with. That's the issue.

Old 11-03-2022, 02:07 PM

19,120 posts, read 25,316,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lair8 View Post
Depends where you live in NJ. There are some very high crime areas.
Yes, that is true, but if you look at crime stats for NJ as a whole, we are a low-crime state.
Fun fact: 8 of the 10 states with the highest violent crime rates are "red" states.

Old 11-08-2022, 04:56 PM

2 posts, read 1,393 times
Er, have you looked at rents elsewhere? I pay that much in a small midwestern city. Don't be sure your cost of living is higher. I've lived in Indiana, Kentucky and Ohio supposedly low tax states. Not so much. they just hide the taxes better. I also have lived in TN, no state income tax but try checking out the rents and home prices anywhere there's actually work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey