Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 04:50 PM

1,369 posts, read 4,639,323 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
flooding? not in red bank! it's in the name, the banks of the river were red.
also the town is called rumson, not remsen, there are plenty of homes for sale there, it can be very expensive and the southern part of the town is prone to flooding.
apvguy: Chill out! You are sounding very patronizing today!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2008, 06:05 PM

646 posts, read 2,668,685 times
Quote:
the town has one or 2 nice sections but for the most part it is quite run down, the downtown while enjoying a resurgence is not geared towards it's residents, it is a playground for the upper class people.
the public schools, especially the lower grades are not very good ( the ones you mentioned are all high schools) and the taxes are high, other than those issues it's not a bad town.
that said, you can do a lot better for your money in the surrounding towns like middletown, tinton falls, little silver, shrewsbury and not have all the issues that red bank has
"is not geared towards it's residents, it is a playground for the upper class people.".........Ok here you go again slaming "the upper class" ,since you don't tell us who the upper class(anyone with a job according to you) is we have know way of knowing wether you're right or making it up?
RedBank is a wonderful town it has something for everyone my advice is to look for yourself and don't take the word of a disgruntled old man who hates anyone more successful then he is.

Old 05-30-2008, 06:22 PM

2,689 posts, read 3,967,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
"is not geared towards it's residents, it is a playground for the upper class people.".........Ok here you go again slaming "the upper class" ,since you don't tell us who the upper class(anyone with a job according to you) is we have know way of knowing wether you're right or making it up?
RedBank is a wonderful town it has something for everyone my advice is to look for yourself and don't take the word of a disgruntled old man who hates anyone more successful then he is.
ah yes, the benny is telling me about the shore again!
do you know anyone who lives in red bank? here's some news for you, after taxes and the mexicans the biggest complaint from the residents is how there are no stores in town that the locals need or have much use for, sure there are plenty of bars, restaurants, expensive boutiques, jewelry stores, brokerage offices and other high end shops, try and get a cup of coffee and a bagel, forget it, dry cleaner? not on broad st, things needed for normal, mundane everyday living won't be found in red bank

here's some more news for the newly minted rich guy, having a few bucks has nothing to do with having any class or a clue, as clearly in evidence. as for having more than me, ha, you have no clue! here's a hint I don't live on the wrong side of any tracks

Old 05-31-2008, 01:42 AM

Quote:

here's some more news for the newly minted rich guy, having a few bucks has nothing to do with having any class
Your ignorance is astounding, as for your statment on class you(or your lack of it) prove it over and over.Well the good thing is at least you learned how to spell "benny",now just learn what one is.

Old 05-31-2008, 01:46 AM

Quote:
ah yes, the benny is telling me about the shore again!
do you know anyone who lives in red bank? here's some news for you, after taxes and the mexicans the biggest complaint from the residents is how there are no stores in town that the locals need or have much use for, sure there are plenty of bars, restaurants, expensive boutiques, jewelry stores, brokerage offices and other high end shops, try and get a cup of coffee and a bagel, forget it, dry cleaner? not on broad st, things needed for normal, mundane everyday living won't be found in red bank

here's some more news for the newly minted rich guy, having a few bucks has nothing to do with having any class or a clue, as clearly in evidence. as for having more than me, ha, you have no clue! here's a hint I don't live on the wrong side of any tracks

I seez ya'll up in the highlands knows alot about us here in the south of redbank ......LOL."MUNDANE"..................that explains your veiw point

Old 05-31-2008, 01:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shannybannany View Post
apvguy: Chill out! You are sounding very patronizing today!

That's everyday....................

Old 05-31-2008, 07:35 AM

161 posts, read 767,758 times
Quote:
also the town is called rumson, not remsen.
I figured i was wrong about that. I go to Barnacle Bill's in Rumson and I always forget the town name.

Old 05-31-2008, 11:20 AM

133 posts, read 713,259 times
Default Barnacles..

Barnacle Bills... YUMMY..

Love their burgers and Chilean Sea Bass!!

Old 05-31-2008, 01:29 PM

161 posts, read 767,758 times
Burger = Awesome
Their Long Island Iced Teas = better
Their Mozzarella sticks = best.

Plus I love being able to throw peanut shells on the floor.

Old 05-31-2008, 02:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevityNYC View Post
Burger = Awesome
Their Long Island Iced Teas = better
Their Mozzarella sticks = best.

Plus I love being able to throw peanut shells on the floor.

The food is great,they have a few other places in Rumson also that are very good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey