Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2008, 01:47 PM

5,340 posts, read 13,953,134 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
Everyone hates their new job the first week..maybe even the second. It's an adjustment..tell him to give it a chance

Mojita anyone?
Well, this is more... his new boss is reneging on things he already offered...in writing.... and yes, that's not legal (once you have the offer letter in writing...) but being that he did not leave a job to take this one and that the initial stages are "trial" periods from the employers point of view... well, you know where this is heading...

The employer is really trying to put the screws to him because he knows its a bad economy. I told him to try and see where it goes, but this is not a good way to start off. The good thing is he IS still getting calls from other companies... and if something else pans out - C YA!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-15-2008, 05:36 AM

46 posts, read 175,348 times
Quote:
Joking aside - Bergen transplants...what do you think of the move to Sussex/Warren? Are the schools as good? I used to think it was to "sticky" (and in some ways it can be) but on the other hand it's built up a lot. I don't like the medical care out that way as much as in Bergen, that's a consern of mine. How are the schools in comparison?
I've only lived in Vernon for 6 weeks so I can't really comment yet, I guess, but from what I've seen there is nothing like Bergen for medical care, and I think a lot of why I think that is the proximity to everything. I am still looking for a pediatrician and can't seem to get any recommendations that are within 20 minutes of here. So, for now I am keeping my old practice who has offices in Hackensack and Ramsey. Now, please don't take my comments as "girl from Bergen moves to Sussex and wants everything to be the same." No, I truly do not regret moving to Sussex. So far we love it! We love all the activities and the open space. I go to Middletown, Butler or back to Paramus for shopping and it doesn't bother me one bit. (I used to live a stone's throw from GS Plaza and hardly ever went there anyway).

So far I've had a good experience with the schools. I have heard positive things. I will know more in a month or so, once the kids get started, I guess!

Old 08-15-2008, 06:39 AM

13,321 posts, read 22,667,671 times
I lived in Sussex County a good part of my life and think it is a wonderful county to live in. Warren County has grown, and is also an enjoyable area.
I think you would find some rentals in the Hackettstown location. With plenty to do there, and easy access to route 80, 10 and 46.

Old 08-15-2008, 10:17 AM

1,080 posts, read 4,587,473 times
Default Vernon/Glenwood

Quote:
Originally Posted by my3sonsnj View Post
I've only lived in Vernon for 6 weeks so I can't really comment yet, I guess, but from what I've seen there is nothing like Bergen for medical care, and I think a lot of why I think that is the proximity to everything. I am still looking for a pediatrician and can't seem to get any recommendations that are within 20 minutes of here. So, for now I am keeping my old practice who has offices in Hackensack and Ramsey. Now, please don't take my comments as "girl from Bergen moves to Sussex and wants everything to be the same." No, I truly do not regret moving to Sussex. So far we love it! We love all the activities and the open space. I go to Middletown, Butler or back to Paramus for shopping and it doesn't bother me one bit. (I used to live a stone's throw from GS Plaza and hardly ever went there anyway).

So far I've had a good experience with the schools. I have heard positive things. I will know more in a month or so, once the kids get started, I guess!
My daughter who lives on Rt. 565 in Glenwood, uses a pediatrician up in Warwick, she has two daughters and has had a good experience with them, for emergencies she uses St. Anthony's Hospital. I know that over on Rt 94 there used to be a pediatrician office, I'll have to ask my friend who her daughter uses, she lives in Sussex, but is in Vernon alot.

I lived in Vernon, most of my life before moving, I can say with pride that it is a great place to raise a family, the schools are great, and they are always looking for volunteers. I raised four children in Vernon and there was always something to do, whether we went to Warwick to pick apples or get a pumkin, have lunch in Middletown, NY or ride thru Pine Island, hike in Waywayanda Park, go to the Farm and Horse Show in Branchville, sking at Great Gorge or a hayride with a local church. Something for everyone.
My daughter returned to Vernon while in college, today she now raises her two daughters in Vernon and absolutely loved it, except of course for the taxes which are going out of sight. I'm sure that you too will come to love and appreciate this beautiful place called Vernon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey