Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-09-2008, 05:04 AM

16 posts, read 40,386 times

Advertisements

I blame this man for the gas prices being so high because he's blocked bills from drilling in ANWAR and off the coast, now China and Cuba are going to drill for oil off the Florida coast and we're leff with $4 and higher gas prices. With Lautenberg already being rich and receiving a free ride to and from work everyday, he doesn't know what's its like for the common man to pay for everything because its all free to him.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2008, 05:23 AM

9,324 posts, read 16,667,243 times
You can blame all the Democrats for their resistance to drilling and adding more refineries.

Old 06-09-2008, 05:29 AM

2,689 posts, read 3,967,554 times
come on, you guys are nutz, everyone knows it's bush's fault

Old 06-09-2008, 06:03 AM

646 posts, read 2,668,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJstinks View Post
I blame this man for the gas prices being so high because he's blocked bills from drilling in ANWAR and off the coast, now China and Cuba are going to drill for oil off the Florida coast and we're leff with $4 and higher gas prices. With Lautenberg already being rich and receiving a free ride to and from work everyday, he doesn't know what's its like for the common man to pay for everything because its all free to him.

Ignorance is bliss.Open a newspaper sometime.

Old 06-09-2008, 06:10 AM

1,972 posts, read 5,423,014 times
I blame Bush Sr. for not having the balls to kill sadam back in '91, I blame Bush Jr for lying to the American public as to why invade Iraq, I blame Clinton for not killing Bin Laden when he had the chance, I blame Bin Laden for 9/11 and giving Bush Jr the excuse to lie and invade Iraq & afghanistan, I blame the enviromentalists and tree huggers for getting away w/ their agenda of not drilling for oil domestically and keep our dependency on foreign oil, I blame big oil companies for manipulating oil prices and raking in big profits, I blame the american public for not rising up as the founding fathers once did in order to fight injustices by the goverment, I blame the liberals, the independents, the republicans, the democrats, because after all, they're just a bunch of liars and thieves (that's what makes them politicians).

Old 06-09-2008, 06:19 AM

646 posts, read 2,668,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex07860 View Post
I blame Bush Sr. for not having the balls to kill sadam back in '91, I blame Bush Jr for lying to the American public as to why invade Iraq, I blame Clinton for not killing Bin Laden when he had the chance, I blame Bin Laden for 9/11 and giving Bush Jr the excuse to lie and invade Iraq & afghanistan, I blame the enviromentalists and tree huggers for getting away w/ their agenda of not drilling for oil domestically and keep our dependency on foreign oil, I blame big oil companies for manipulating oil prices and raking in big profits, I blame the american public for not rising up as the founding fathers once did in order to fight injustices by the goverment, I blame the liberals, the independents, the republicans, the democrats, because after all, they're just a bunch of liars and thieves (that's what makes them politicians).

LOL,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Sir ...I am with you!!!

Old 06-09-2008, 06:58 AM

9,375 posts, read 20,804,115 times
Who, then, is to blame for $11 dollar a gallon gas in Norway, 9.40 a gallon gas in the UK, and in South Korea, energy costs rising so much the government has set aside 10 billion dollars in stimulus relief for disadvantaged families?

Could this entire situation correlate (just maybe) to an exponential rise in global population over the past several decades, combined with formerly third world nations emerging into first world economies, thus driving up the cost of fuel? I think we need to stop thinking out of our provincial little American box. It's a worldwide situation, the waning availability of what is a non-renewable resource.

Old 06-09-2008, 07:04 AM

1,972 posts, read 5,423,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike0421 View Post
Who, then, is to blame for $11 dollar a gallon gas in Norway, 9.40 a gallon gas in the UK, and in South Korea, energy costs rising so much the government has set aside 10 billion dollars in stimulus relief for disadvantaged families?

Could this entire situation correlate (just maybe) to an exponential rise in global population over the past several decades, combined with formerly third world nations emerging into first world economies, thus driving up the cost of fuel? I think we need to stop thinking out of our provincial little American box. It's a worldwide situation, the waning availability of what is a non-renewable resource.
Sure it's a global economy, but we live in the USA, not norway, the UK or South Korea. I don't have a vote in any other place but here, and this is the only place where "allegedly" I can influence policy.

Old 06-09-2008, 07:05 AM

259 posts, read 925,117 times
Quote:
Absolutely awesome!!!

Old 06-09-2008, 07:18 AM

9,375 posts, read 20,804,115 times
Quote:
Sure it's a global economy, but we live in the USA, not norway, the UK or South Korea. I don't have a vote in any other place but here, and this is the only place where "allegedly" I can influence policy.
Unless you are working on a replacement for the combustion engine, or have a degree in petrology, and possess superior methods for determing domestic oil exploration, I doubt you are going to influence policy. I am not trying to contrary, or a wise-ass, or what have you, I am just being what I consider to be practical. We are a nation of finger waggers, and I think we need to look ahead and figure out some practical solutions with regard to controlling energy costs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: