Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2008, 04:32 PM

1,577 posts, read 5,688,474 times

Advertisements

Alright if i didnt have a kid who goes to school i wouldnt care where i buy a house, because i like a bargain and the bargains are in,
newark, EO, Elizabeth, JC ETC in NE JERSEY

but other then those dirty jersey cities you cant find much of a good priced home.
So to say is, its not scary to live in a city like these... its the kids in school who get the most abused in the process...

I wouldnt care where i move in essex,bergen,hudson county but the reason i cant do wut i want is a kid...

any one else have this same situation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2008, 06:03 PM

148 posts, read 639,434 times
it was a little hard to understand your post, you may want to proof read it.

We have a similar problem, in fact i just did a post asking where are the great communities for you young families. I dont know the details of your situation (budget, etc.) but we are currently torn between buying in area like jersey city (journal square) versus linden and rahway. If we didnt have a son that will be 5 in sept and weren't looking to have another soon, we would probably definitely move to jersey city but we worry about space, schools, and cost of living.

I was raised in Newark and have NO plans on moving back. I understand that it is supposed to be on the rise but i have heard that since i was young and i have not seen any major improvements. at least none that makes me want to relocate my family there. There are nice sections in elizabeth and jersey city (although the nicer areas in jersey city are costly.

I would recommend buying a home in some place that is not as you call it a "dirty jersey city" but is not really a well to do town (montclair, south orange, summit are imo well to do). Look into linden, the schools are ok (not great but you def wont have to worry about the childs safety). I went to high there and one of my friends went on to duke, i went to howard transfered to rutgers. there are different levels college prep, honors, ap for kids who are on diff academic levels. All and all i think its a pretty good city for families who arent rich but want to provide there kids with nice safe community
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey