Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-17-2008, 03:46 PM

2,689 posts, read 3,963,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPBsr View Post
Not to get into a pissing match, but the white man didn't steal the black man from Africa. Black tribes sold captived black men from other tribes.
don't confuse him with the real truth

Old 03-17-2008, 03:48 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,391,501 times
IMHO its a subtel form of name calling sometimes some people pretend not to hear or understand what this term means. the underlying attempt is to question basic human liberties, e.g. where you live, who you date, where you choose to eat where you shop. stuff like that. these are personal rights but some people feel that in their interpretation of civil rights, these are not rights and must adhere to certain criteria of conduct dictated by self appointed watch dogs of our society.

Old 03-17-2008, 04:02 PM

21 posts, read 53,517 times
Default white flight

Quote:
Originally Posted by apvbguy View Post
while flesh and blood is shared by all, there are major differences in education and culture that seperate us, regardless of skin color and regardless of the current popular push towards accepting diversity there will always be those differences

Those differences only exist when people are denied access to education, misguided, or improperly taught. Innate ability to achieve is in everyone. Ask my son the Black Pre-Med student who has come from a long line of educated black men and women. Unfortunately, the white man has been improperly taught to believe he has a superior intellect. Because he has been able to deny access of resources to those he has dominated through brutality. His miseducation it makes him feel as if his culture is also superior. It is not. If it were, being that white men hold dominate status in the world, it should be in better shape; wouldn't you say? Instead the whole world is on it's way to hell in a hand basket. Wars, genocide, homelessness, global warming, unimaginable poverty in a world with enough to share are all signs that white guys are doing a terrible job and soon those roosters will come home to roost and the whole world will be destroyed. Just look at what's going on in Pakistan, an area of the world that has nuclear capabilities and about to blow.

While culture does tend to separate us to some degree, it does not necessarily mean that one culture is better than the other nor that we can't disaggree without being disaggreeable. We can all "just get along" if we want. Difference does not mean better. Furthermore, there is always room for tolerance even if you don't accept the difference. I don't accept or agree with lots of other cultures, but, I tolerate them and allow them their space to be free and independent of my ideologies as I am free of theirs.

Old 03-17-2008, 04:05 PM

Default white flight

Quote:
don't confuse him with the real truth

That is true to some extent, however, when is is ever proper to buy and sell people. You think about that. It takes two to tango. If I sell you a stolen t.v. you can still be charged with purchasing stolen property.

Old 03-17-2008, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cniknik View Post
Those differences only exist when people are denied access to education, misguided, or improperly taught. Innate ability to achieve is in everyone. Ask my son the Black Pre-Med student who has come from a long line of educated black men and women. Unfortunately, the white man has been improperly taught to believe he has a superior intellect. Because he has been able to deny access of resources to those he has dominated through brutality. His miseducation it makes him feel as if his culture is also superior. It is not. If it were, being that white men hold dominate status in the world, it should be in better shape; wouldn't you say? Instead the whole .
{balance of crap snipped}
pure nonsense, nobody is denied an education it is there for the taking, the problem is that many refuse to accept what is there for the taking, they think that everything should be handed to them and any hard work on their part is unnecessary. your own son's success contradicts the crap you posted!

Old 03-17-2008, 04:48 PM

Quote:
That is true to some extent, however, when is is ever proper to buy and sell people. You think about that. It takes two to tango. If I sell you a stolen t.v. you can still be charged with purchasing stolen property.
slavery is an insidious thing that has occurred in many cultures throughout history, only the blacks in the US retain their persecution complex. In places like brazil where many more slaves were imported the africans have integrated into society and are not constrained in any way by their ancestors who came there as slaves. the same can be said for many of the other countries in S. America as well as some of the caribbean islands.
Blacks in this country are prisoners of this persecution complex and many of the so called leaders of that community profit from if, blacks who have managed to break from from the mentality have become quite successful. but you'll never see them highlighted on TV, which prefers to continue to myth you've appeared to believe

Old 03-17-2008, 05:00 PM

5,818 posts, read 12,621,877 times
Quote:
Those differences only exist when people are denied access to education, misguided, or improperly taught. Innate ability to achieve is in everyone. Ask my son the Black Pre-Med student who has come from a long line of educated black men and women. Unfortunately, the white man has been improperly taught to believe he has a superior intellect. Because he has been able to deny access of resources to those he has dominated through brutality. His miseducation it makes him feel as if his culture is also superior. It is not. If it were, being that white men hold dominate status in the world, it should be in better shape; wouldn't you say? Instead the whole world is on it's way to hell in a hand basket. Wars, genocide, homelessness, global warming, unimaginable poverty in a world with enough to share are all signs that white guys are doing a terrible job and soon those roosters will come home to roost and the whole world will be destroyed. Just look at what's going on in Pakistan, an area of the world that has nuclear capabilities and about to blow.

While culture does tend to separate us to some degree, it does not necessarily mean that one culture is better than the other nor that we can't disaggree without being disaggreeable. We can all "just get along" if we want. Difference does not mean better. Furthermore, there is always room for tolerance even if you don't accept the difference. I don't accept or agree with lots of other cultures, but, I tolerate them and allow them their space to be free and independent of my ideologies as I am free of theirs.
I think Obamas pastor found some spare time to post on city data. Talk about hating the white man!

Old 03-17-2008, 05:05 PM

Quote:
slavery is an insidious thing that has occurred in many cultures throughout history, only the blacks in the US retain their persecution complex. In places like brazil where many more slaves were imported the africans have integrated into society and are not constrained in any way by their ancestors who came there as slaves. the same can be said for many of the other countries in S. America as well as some of the caribbean islands.
Blacks in this country are prisoners of this persecution complex and many of the so called leaders of that community profit from if, blacks who have managed to break from from the mentality have become quite successful. but you'll never see them highlighted on TV, which prefers to continue to myth you've appeared to believe

You are obviously unaware of what is going on in S. American and Caribbean countries. Blacks there are experiencing the same hell that blacks, minorities, and the marginalized here experience. You obviously don't know about it to say such silly mess. Don't listen to propaganda get the facts.
And as for my son and myself we work three times as hard to have half as much as some whites and the whites that we do have more than look at us like elephants with three heads because they think we aren't supposed to have as much. That's real. Real racism that is current and tangible.

Old 03-17-2008, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JERSEY MAN View Post
I think Obamas pastor found some spare time to post on city data. Talk about hating the white man!
I don't hate any man...just stating the obvious. That's the problem with people they want everyone to face their painful truths, but, when they are faced with their own they want to lash out. Healing only comes from within. If you want others to face their truths and deal with them you should do the same. Change starts with "me" (me meaning you). After all, you started the hate, I'm just showing you what you look like.

Old 03-17-2008, 05:24 PM

Quote:
You are obviously unaware of what is going on in S. American and Caribbean countries. Blacks there are experiencing the same hell that blacks, minorities, and the marginalized here experience. You obviously don't know about it to say such silly mess. Don't listen to propaganda get the facts.
And as for my son and myself we work three times as hard to have half as much as some whites and the whites that we do have more than look at us like elephants with three heads because they think we aren't supposed to have as much. That's real. Real racism that is current and tangible.
nonsense, success is there for the taking, as long as you are saddled with your mentality you'll never succeed
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey