Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2008, 05:00 PM

12,283 posts, read 35,694,578 times

Advertisements

cape may's a treasure. I haven't been in awhile, but adored it when I was there. We stayed on Jackson Street at the Saltwood House.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-31-2008, 10:36 PM

29 posts, read 60,071 times
i transferred my job from pa and now work in cape may. love the town. so much to see and do. own a house in wildwood much more reasonably priced and also get to enjoy o those wildwood days. glad i made the change........... new life, new location.... loving it!!!

Old 08-31-2008, 11:20 PM

5,340 posts, read 13,953,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygirl318 View Post
i transferred my job from pa and now work in cape may. love the town. so much to see and do. own a house in wildwood much more reasonably priced and also get to enjoy o those wildwood days. glad i made the change........... new life, new location.... loving it!!!
I'm quite jealous! If I could I'd relocate to Cape May in a NJ min.!

Old 09-01-2008, 07:09 AM

1,507 posts, read 5,908,193 times
Talking Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseygirl318 View Post
I am sooooooo green with envy after reading your post !!!!!!! Ohhh you lucky girl !!!! I would love to work or live near Cape May. I absolutely adore Cape May. We only get to visit once or twice a year (young children need babysitters overnight). I'm very happy for you in your new life. Do you have once of those cute beach bicycles with the big tires and a white basket? Ohhhh my dream....
Someday we will own a home in or near Cape May. I want my children to experience & learn the "old" ways and of simplier times.
Best of luck to you !!

Old 09-01-2008, 08:59 AM

LOL - see I'm not the only jealous one!

I always tell my husband I want to retire there! If I need a quick fix, and I can't go so far South, I go to Spring Lake, but its still not Cape MAy.

Old 09-27-2008, 12:08 PM

72 posts, read 309,209 times
I found this thread on Cape May - can anyone else make any suggestions on where to stay? My MIL is coming to visit in October, and DH and I will be able to get away for a couple nights (rare treat for us). Any restaurant recommendations?

Old 09-27-2008, 09:20 PM

Cape May - LOVE the place!

I would reccommend checking tripadvisor.com they have great reviews of hotels, restaurants etc.

I really love the Queen Victoria Inn. I have heard the management has changed hands, but people I know who have stayed there say it remains excellent.

For dining, I LOVE the Washington Inn. It's one of my favorite places. 410 Bank Street is great as well, it's such a lovely place to visit!

Old 09-29-2008, 08:07 AM

2,705 posts, read 8,273,135 times
There are some great restaurants in the walking mall, and a lot of them have outside dining, although it may be getting a little chilly for that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey