Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-30-2008, 07:19 AM

234 posts, read 814,588 times

Advertisements

Saw a nice house we are thinking of placing an offer on. It's located between palmer ave and harmony road, in a really nice large newer (1980's) development. What bothers me is that this is considered north middletown which gets a bad rap.

Schools are:

ElemSch: HARMONY
MiddleSch: THORNE
HighSch: MIDDLE NO.

Any concerns with this area?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-30-2008, 08:06 PM

93 posts, read 300,161 times
I have a friend in the Harmony area and they really like it. They like Harmony school as well. Personally, Thorne wouldn't be my first choice if possible, but I do hear it's getting better. Bayshore and Thompson have better reputations. But, I think the Middletown schools are good all around. It depends what you are looking for in an area.

Old 07-31-2008, 05:02 AM

517 posts, read 1,965,860 times
I lived in Middletown (schools were Nut Swamp, Thompson, and Middletown HS South) and loved the town. I had heard that the schools were among the best in the district and I was very pleased with the short experience we had while living there. Thorne and North don't seem to have as good a reputation as their counterparts but I'd check out the state's school report card as it seems reputations/perceptions take a long time to change.

Old 08-25-2008, 12:24 PM

3 posts, read 16,257 times
I live on Harmony between Main and Pearl and love it! I have only been there for almost a year now and have not any problems. I do not know much about the school system though. I am expecting my first this December and well I wasn't expecting so soon. Anyway,if the schools are your concern, I am no help. All I know is if I am not happy off to private school she goes.

If the area is a concern let me put your mind at ease. Its a quite family type of community. Its summer and I think I have seen my neighbors 3x. People wave as you walk by and so far every person I have encountered seems really nice and well mannered.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey