Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-31-2007, 01:15 PM

2 posts, read 12,809 times

Advertisements

I'm looking at some rooms in this property.
http://www.lenoxonthepark.com/
The website and their salespeople make it out to be a nice neighbouhood and all that, but I've read only bad things about East Orange on this forum and in the newspapers.
Does anybody here has more impartial background info on this project?
The address is supposed to be 40 Lenox Ave, East Orange, NJ 07018
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-31-2007, 05:19 PM

25 posts, read 172,521 times
This is what developers and realtors do now just like with the 60 parkway drive condo just blocks from there. If the average income of your potential neighbors is $29,000 what quality of life issues come to mind?

Old 01-03-2008, 09:46 AM

253 posts, read 1,267,118 times
This is on the north side of East Orange - what's considered to be the better side. This is a Gated community. I guess once you're home, you'll have it made. Once you leave out of your gated community - beware. This is one of those places you will pretty much be limited to your block only. The surrounding area is bad.

They have a school a block away called the Whitney E. Houston school for the Arts. Who wants their children to go to a school named after a crack!#$#. OMG.

Old 01-16-2008, 06:52 AM

1 posts, read 8,053 times
Default Not so

Actually, its on the South side. (the North Side doest begin until you cross 280) Its not gated (I drive pasted there everyday) They are working on the area but its still bad. The library is right next to this place which could be a plus or a negative. A good thing is the police department is only blocks away and police are always sitting on this block. It looks nice on the inside and out, but the area isnt the best. Then again East Orange is a "City on the move" Good luck

Old 01-18-2008, 02:23 PM

88 posts, read 536,264 times
City on the move? City where all the poor in Newark move!

Old 01-22-2008, 07:39 AM

1 posts, read 7,998 times
Arrow Be Careful.

I'm formerly from East Orange and I agree with "eastorangeres".

Old 03-07-2008, 10:41 AM

12 posts, read 45,413 times
I live in eo. It's okay, but the city is charging high taxes to the homeowners which are mostly working middle-class. The services received are almost non-existent. The eo police are giving bogus tickets to anyone who coughs. They even have radar guns to catch people speeding. However, when an alarm went off in a house in my neighboorhood, the cops never showed up although called twice. The hospital is not fit for a dog. I personally experienced some nightmares there myself. They do a poor job cleaning the streets. The high school is 334 out of 357 state's worse schools. However, the teachers are paid more than Newark. People are paying all this money for their homes and very little is being done to bring business in the city and you hear nothing from your city council. Talk about Newark all you want, but if I were looking for someplace to live now, I would choose the Vailsburg area of Newark in back of Seton Hall where taxes are half that of eo and the neighborhoods are just as nice or better. Also, there are much better services and the schools are equivalent to those of eo. The sad thing is most of the residents in eo are black and believe me, I don't believe of lot of this would be happening if the color were different. The citizens of eo need to start questioning property assessment, but don't bother calling city hall. That's a joke. Do your homework. You will be surprised.

Last edited by eofool; 03-07-2008 at 10:43 AM.. Reason: addition

Old 03-18-2008, 11:06 AM

4 posts, read 23,593 times
I also live in East Orange and I have to agree with everything the last person said.
The police officers are more worried about giving tickets for tinted windows than
anything else. There are more officers than citzens, at least thats the way it seems.
Are they really patrolling the streets to keep us safe? Or are they more worried about
making that Tuesday and Thursday ticket quota for the week? Now that we actually don't have to worry about as much crime as years before when death seemed to be normal in our streets, we have to worry about those stupid bright red and blue lights everywhere I turn go fight some real crime . Lesson to the wise if your license is suspended don't drive in East Orange , if you don't have valid insurance or your registration or inspection is expired DON'T DRIVE IN EAST ORANGE !! I am so tired of being pulled over for no reason. And getting a ticket for what, something that I didn't even do. Yeah I go to court and try to fight it then have to pay a court fee too. Where is all the money going is the question we need to ask? They repaired most of the roads but the city is still a hot mess. All the vacant lots all over and the abandoned houses with all the trash and garbage everywhere its so nasty. We as human beings need to take pride in where we live and help keep this place clean. And why exactly is there no overnight parking, the streets are not cleaned every single night especially in the winter.
These statements or of my own and not intended to upset or disrespect anyone. Just expressing my experiences and views with anyone who reads this.

Old 03-18-2008, 11:36 AM

253 posts, read 1,267,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eofool View Post
I would choose the Vailsburg area of Newark in back of Seton Hall where taxes are half that of eo and the neighborhoods are just as nice or better.
Vailsburg? Just as nice or better? Are you serious? . . . . Maybe, just maybe the Ivy Hill section but the nice area of vailsburg is maybe a 2 or 3 block radius of strictly homeowners with a neighborhood watch program thanks to the former council people who live in that area.

Old 03-25-2008, 09:11 AM

12 posts, read 45,413 times
Yes, this is the area I am talking about. The taxes there are half those of East Orange residents. I believe it's a little bigger than a 2-3 block radius. However, as the person said before, the police and taxes are out of hand in East Orange. You mentioned the city council in Newark At least there is a one that's concerned. It's difficult to speak to these people in EO unless it's election time, or money is needed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey