Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2008, 10:46 AM

2,394 posts, read 4,087,244 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by doc1 View Post
I really find that hard to believe that a teacher would allow their students to be politically indocrinated like that.
Why? When my kids were in public school, they got lots of political indoctrination from their teachers. (They thought it was silly, but the teachers still did it.)

Old 09-27-2008, 10:55 AM

5,340 posts, read 13,953,134 times
Quote:
I really find that hard to believe that a teacher would allow their students to be politically indocrinated like that. Or that an HQ worker would be that looney in an attempt to do so.

I would need to hear it from the kids themselves before accusing anyone of behaving like that.
You never know. I had a friend w/ a child in Lyndhurst schools. There was a child in the class who was Arab and the mom asked if she could speak w/ the kids to explain their culture a little. The teacher thought it was a great idea. Then DUMB teacher LEFT the class and the woman told the kids that unless they are Muslim they will one day burn in Hell. LOL OMG... it was quite the scandal for a while.

While we'd like to ASSUME that most teachers wouldn't do this (I don think MOST would be smart enough to not allow it) we can far from say that ALL would be that intelligent.

Old 09-27-2008, 11:05 AM

862 posts, read 1,051,497 times
Quote:
I really find that hard to believe that a teacher would allow their students to be politically indocrinated like that. Or that an HQ worker would be that looney in an attempt to do so.

I would need to hear it from the kids themselves before accusing anyone of behaving like that.

HUH ? the/a primary purpose of schools is to politically indoctrinate
kids,Flag in every classroom,start day with Pledge of Allegiance etc.
What else is that, done no where else I'm aware of.

Old 09-27-2008, 01:51 PM

7,577 posts, read 22,609,171 times
hummm..this never happened! I smell troll thread! If it is true, I don't agree with it but I have a feeling someone's exaggerating a bit!

Old 09-27-2008, 01:57 PM

20,341 posts, read 19,930,346 times
Quote:
Alt Dach;5448744]HUH ? the/a primary purpose of schools is to politically indoctrinate kids
Not where I live. My son is doing quite well academically and is not coming home spouting political diatribes.

Quote:
,Flag in every classroom,start day with Pledge of Allegiance etc.

What else is that, done no where else I'm aware of.
This is where you and I will differ greatly.

Pledging allegiance to your country is nowhere near the same as pledging allegiance to a political party. Or worse, a politician.

Old 09-27-2008, 02:38 PM
b75

950 posts, read 3,463,842 times
Well my friend's cousin's sister's son said that his friend heard someone went to the McCain Republican campaign headquarters and that people there talked about their regular puppy kicking contests. Seriously - why you don't believe me? It is a major problem and we need to stop talking about Iraq or our economy b/c things like THIS are happening. My friend's cousins' sister's son said so.

Old 09-27-2008, 02:40 PM

1,908 posts, read 4,983,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EEEPNJ View Post
You never know. I had a friend w/ a child in Lyndhurst schools. There was a child in the class who was Arab and the mom asked if she could speak w/ the kids to explain their culture a little. The teacher thought it was a great idea. Then DUMB teacher LEFT the class and the woman told the kids that unless they are Muslim they will one day burn in Hell. LOL OMG... it was quite the scandal for a while.

While we'd like to ASSUME that most teachers wouldn't do this (I don think MOST would be smart enough to not allow it) we can far from say that ALL would be that intelligent.

Totally off topic, but you gotta hear this.... While working in a Montessori pre-school, we had "career week". Parents were invited to talk about what they did and many gave out goodies. We had a dentist give out toothbrushes, Landscaper gave out seedlings, you get the idea. One day this mom, who is a psychiatrist, comes in and starts explaining that the brain can get sick like the rest of the body blah, blah, and then reaches into a bucket type thing and pulls out a human brain!!!! I swear, this is true!!!! The kids were screaming and the teacher was frozen with her mouth hanging open (though she was in the room) Can you believe this!!! She went on to say it was from an 80 year old man who died and then ofered them little rubber gloves if they wanted to touch it. Just had to tell this story as it makes me think the Arab woman was more sane than the shrink
OK, back to the Obamah headquarters............

Old 09-27-2008, 04:02 PM

20,341 posts, read 19,930,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doorway View Post
..... One day this mom, who is a psychiatrist, comes in and starts explaining that the brain can get sick like the rest of the body blah, blah, and then reaches into a bucket type thing and pulls out a human brain!!!! I swear, this is true!!!! The kids were screaming and the teacher was frozen with her mouth hanging open (though she was in the room) ............
If that story isn't true, it oughtta be! Loved it!

Old 09-27-2008, 04:17 PM

862 posts, read 1,051,497 times
Quote:
Not where I live. My son is doing quite well academically and is not coming home spouting political diatribes.

This is where you and I will differ greatly.

Pledging allegiance to your country is nowhere near the same as pledging allegiance to a political party. Or worse, a politician.
As a matter of elementary logic indoctrination need refer to no particular
party, just that you country is superior to others.

Old 09-27-2008, 05:21 PM

9,326 posts, read 22,021,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EEEPNJ View Post
Hey - if you are in Canada, you don't know how we're suffering down here - you can't chime in!
Yes I can! I am a registered voter in NJ!!! I am a member of Democrats Abroad - (Australia and now Canada) and I spent the past 2 days registering Americans in Canada to vote in their home states. I made sure the voters from swing states got their forms right.

I've only been here 5 months (and I want to go back to NNJ)!

You're not suffering.. you can buy Taylor Ham, I can't find it up here! Okay okay I saw the Palin/Couric interview... you guys have my symphaties! Scary stuff!

So there!

Last edited by minibrings; 09-27-2008 at 06:01 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey