Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2008, 02:04 PM

3,515 posts, read 7,786,284 times

Advertisements

I have a Bussiness trip to New York City next week. I'm planning on driving to Asbury Park, parking my car for 4 days and taking the train to New York City. How safe is the area to park my car for 4 days? Would I be better off parking at a different train station? If so, which one?

Thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2008, 02:07 PM

646 posts, read 2,669,204 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechGromit View Post
I have a Bussiness trip to New York City next week. I'm planning on driving to Asbury Park, parking my car for 4 days and taking the train to New York City. How safe is the area to park my car for 4 days? Would I be better off parking at a different train station? If so, which one?

Thank you.

To me, Belmar,Spring Lake or just take a cab to the station.

Old 10-08-2008, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giantone View Post
To me, Belmar,Spring Lake or just take a cab to the station.
I live 60 miles from Asbury Park, a Taxi would be a very expensive ride.

Old 10-08-2008, 02:17 PM

I only picked Asbury Park because the ticket office is open until Noon and it has ticket machines I beleive. Any station on the northern line would be fine, but most of them don't have ticketing offices/machines. What's teh best way to obtain a New Jersey transit ticket to New York? Does any New Jersey Ticket office sell tickets? Could I buy a ticket for Belmar or Spring Lake in Atlantic City?

Old 10-08-2008, 02:29 PM

11,350 posts, read 16,717,087 times
Just let me know which car is yours. I'll make sure to take care of it.

In other words, don't park overnight at Asbury.

Old 10-08-2008, 07:13 PM

1,943 posts, read 6,986,663 times
You can't park overnight in Asbury anywhere near the train station. It's mostly 2 hour parking and/or it's metered. The station parking is 24 hours. You can usually get a way with a day and a half but after 48 hours you will get towed.

I would look into parking in Bradley Beach. Park a few blocks away and make sure you check the borough websites about overnight parking rules. Allenhurst would actually probably be easier. I used to live in the apartments at the corner of Page & Spier. I commuted to Manhattan so my car would sit there M-F. There were some weekends when it didn't move either. Now that I think about it, if a cop ran the plates it would've come up as being from a town 7 miles away (my parents house). I never got so much as a parking ticket.

I'm pretty sure that all of the stations on the line have Ticket Vending Machines now. There's no need to go to a ticket window. If you're worried you can always buy your ticket in Asbury then drive up to Allenhurst.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey