Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-21-2008, 08:31 AM

1,507 posts, read 5,908,193 times

Advertisements

I need some advice on a problem. I just hear from the plumber that installed our 75 gallon Water Heater (2 yrs ago) that he would charge us $150 just to come out & take a "look". WHAT??!! No way !!
The tank has 6 yr warranty.

Our hot water pressure has been inconsistant for a few days now. Cold water is fine & water treatment system (we are well water) was checked yesterday.
I'm thinking that it's the Water Heater. Any feedback on this?
Do you know of a reputable reasonable plumber in or near Monmouth County NJ that would check this out? Please send me a DM. Thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-21-2008, 08:34 AM

7,577 posts, read 22,609,171 times
did you try draining it? If you have well water.. you may have a build of of iron in the water tank! You should also call the manufacturer and ask them to send one of their approved vendors out if it's still under warrantee.

Old 10-21-2008, 08:36 AM

Location: Some got six month some got one solid. But me and my buddies all got lifetime here
4,555 posts, read 10,409,746 times
Que a Joe the Plumber reference in 3...2...1...

Old 10-21-2008, 08:40 AM

Thumbs up Good idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by wileynj View Post
did you try draining it? If you have well water.. you may have a build of of iron in the water tank! You should also call the manufacturer and ask them to send one of their approved vendors out if it's still under warrantee.
Wiley- Good idea. I have a new homeowners manual somewhere...I may try to fix this myself. Also, I'll contact the manufacturer. !!

Brian- If I wanted to hear from a smart azz, I'd talk in the mirror !! j/k

Old 10-21-2008, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHomeHappy View Post
Wiley- Good idea. I have a new homeowners manual somewhere...I may try to fix this myself. Also, I'll contact the manufacturer. !!

Brian- If I wanted to hear from a smart azz, I'd talk in the mirror !! j/k
It's not too complicated.. do you have a sump pump near by..and a hose? Hook up the hose..shut off the water... drain it.... fill it...drain it again...fill it..run it... wa la! it might be the problem. Is your water treated before or after the wtr heater?????

Old 10-21-2008, 09:09 AM

Default Beer?

Quote:
It's not too complicated.. do you have a sump pump near by..and a hose? Hook up the hose..shut off the water... drain it.... fill it...drain it again...fill it..run it... wa la! it might be the problem. Is your water treated before or after the wtr heater?????
wait a sec. Your status says will work for beer? Hmmmmm? Are you familiar with Cream Ridge?

*I don't know if its treated before or after. Duh on my part for now but I'll find out.

Old 10-21-2008, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHomeHappy View Post
wait a sec. Your status says will work for beer? Hmmmmm? Are you familiar with Cream Ridge?

*I don't know if its treated before or after. Duh on my part for now but I'll find out.
We just finished a central A/C install in Cream Ridge... you're out there! We were just down the road from Great Adventure... about 1.5 hrs!!!

Look to see if the piping coming off of the water treatment sytem runs to the HW heater... if so, it's before. But if the piping coming off of the HW heater leads to the WT System..it's after. Most install before... you may need to add a filter onto your system for the iron if that is the issue.

Old 10-21-2008, 10:37 AM

208 posts, read 853,215 times
I use Alvarez Plumbing in East Brunswick for everything. Their Monmouth County phone number is 732-845-3456. Middlesex County is 732-257-1494. Let them know I sent you...they might give you a deal.

Old 10-21-2008, 10:51 AM

Talking Far out

Quote:
We just finished a central A/C install in Cream Ridge... you're out there! We were just down the road from Great Adventure... about 1.5 hrs!!!

Look to see if the piping coming off of the water treatment sytem runs to the HW heater... if so, it's before. But if the piping coming off of the HW heater leads to the WT System..it's after. Most install before... you may need to add a filter onto your system for the iron if that is the issue.
LOL Hey it's not like I live in the Boon Docks ! Yes, we are 7 miles from G.A (we call it GA for great adventure now like the locals do)
heeeyyy did I read somewhere that you live in Fargurnuggin?? j/k

I'm heading down to the storage area in the basement soon to check out the pipes. Wish me luck. I'm going to look for the pipes but I may find that lost 12 pack in the fridge' next to Aunt Erna decaying fruitcake.

Old 10-21-2008, 10:51 AM

9,124 posts, read 36,385,838 times
Bear in mind that while the HWH tank may have a 6-year warranty, that's from the manufacturer, and usually only covers the tank itself- not the labor to change out the unit. Any service plumber you call is going to hit you for a service call fee- it may not be $150, but I doubt you'll find a legit plumber willing to come over and look at the problem for less than $100.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey