Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2007, 11:44 AM

4 posts, read 21,445 times

Advertisements

I am experiencing a problem with both of my cars. While sitting in the driveway, waiting for my 2006 Grand Caravan to warm up, I thought I'd raise the RPM's by giving the engine more gas.

The results were, at about 3 Thousand RPM's the engine started to choke up. Meaning it wouldn't run smoothly in that higher RPM range.

I dismissed the problem as a cold engine at first. Letting the engine warm up proved that wrong.

I took the van out on the highway and it seemed to run fine.

My findings were something is wrong with the gas. The engine just won’t ("High Idle").

My findings were further supported by the fact that my 2004 Buick is experiencing the same problem. It runs ok on the street, but it also won’t high idle.

The gas for these cars was purchased at the RACEWAY gas on the corner of Bordentown Ave. and Ernston Road. the week of Feb. 11-16.

I approached the manager there, and he denies knowing anything about any problems.

He gave me the phone number for Raceway gas. The number is 732-819-9116.

I left them a message the evening of Feb. 16th. I'm waiting for a reply at this moment.

I went to the R & S auto repair store at the top of Ernston Road to purchase some dry gas to add to the gas tanks of my cars. While making my purchase, talking to the sales person behind the counter, she told me she knows of about four customers having to have their gas tanks removed and drained, due to "bad " gas purchased at the Raceway gas in Parlin. She also told me that Raceway gas has agreed to pay for those repairs. If that's true, what are they doing about the bad gas in their tanks, and why doesn't their manager know about the problem? How many other cars have this bad gas in it and their owners don't know?

At this time I am letting my cars run, to use up the bad gas. I plan to fill the tanks later with high octane gas, hoping to have flushed out the bad gas, and fixing the problem.

I will be approaching as many people I can to bring this problem to a fix. I will be talking to Raceway, the local newspapers, the local T V news, and the Sayreville forum.

In the mean time, I'm asking you for my help, you might be helping yourselves and your friends, neighbors and family.

Circulate this E Mail to any one who might be affected by this.

Thank you

Jerry Reingold

jreingold48@optonline.net

732-727-2189
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2007, 12:02 PM

3,377 posts, read 14,623,997 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by passavator View Post
I am experiencing a problem with both of my cars. While sitting in the driveway, waiting for my 2006 Grand Caravan to warm up, I thought I'd raise the RPM's by giving the engine more gas.

The results were, at about 3 Thousand RPM's the engine started to choke up. Meaning it wouldn't run smoothly in that higher RPM range.

I dismissed the problem as a cold engine at first. Letting the engine warm up proved that wrong.

My findings were something is wrong with the gas. The engine just won’t ("High Idle").

My findings were further supported by the fact that my 2004 Buick is experiencing the same problem. It runs ok on the street, but it also won’t high idle.

The gas for these cars was purchased at the RACEWAY gas on the corner of Bordentown Ave. and Ernston Road. the week of Feb. 11-16.

I approached the manager there, and he denies knowing anything about any problems.

I left them a message the evening of Feb. 16th. I'm waiting for a reply at this moment.

I went to the R & S auto repair store at the top of Ernston Road to purchase some dry gas to add to the gas tanks of my cars. While making my purchase, talking to the sales person behind the counter, she told me she knows of about four customers having to have their gas tanks removed and drained, due to "bad " gas purchased at the Raceway gas in Parlin. She also told me that Raceway gas has agreed to pay for those repairs. If that's true, what are they doing about the bad gas in their tanks, and why doesn't their manager know about the problem? How many other cars have this bad gas in it and their owners don't know?

At this time I am letting my cars run, to use up the bad gas. I plan to fill the tanks later with high octane gas, hoping to have flushed out the bad gas, and fixing the problem.

I will be approaching as many people I can to bring this problem to a fix. I will be talking to Raceway, the local newspapers, the local T V news, and the Sayreville forum.

In the mean time, I'm asking you for my help, you might be helping yourselves and your friends, neighbors and family.

Thank you

Jerry Reingold

732-727-2189
Revving your engine above three thousand RPM may just mean that your up against the rev limiter. Most manufacturers put rev limiters on their engines so you can't overrev them when in nuetral or park. Kind of a safety switch if you will. In describing your problem that's exactly what's happening. If the car runs fine otherwise that would be my bet. Also putting high test in your car (that's not designed to run on high test) does only one thing. It leaves you with less money in your wallet. It has "NO" benefit for you motor. What might make you feel better is purchase a bottle of gas conditioner / fuel injector cleaner and use a different gas station. By the way Racway, Enrite, SOS and all the other so called "cheap brands" all buy their gas from the major refineries. The refineries allow a certain amount of the gas they refine to be bought in bulk by the "cheap brands". The major difference is if a certain major brand puts an additional additive into their name brand chances are the "cheaper brands" would not get those additives. While it is possible for them to have water in their tanks I would think it's unlikely. Most Raceway stations are newer and have the closed type fuel system which is a law in New Jersey. By the way did the Raceway station on Ernston road replace the one down on Rt.9 near Lowes? Curious because it been closed for some time now.

Last edited by exhdo1; 02-18-2007 at 12:16 PM..

Old 12-14-2007, 06:15 PM

1 posts, read 6,458 times
Exclamation raceway gas sellers are all going to hell

yeah dude they jacked my car up too and it kinda makes me wanna go pump some gas on their dumppy asses then light a damn match. I heard there are law suits against them by car companies so they can put in their owner manuals "DO NOT USE RACEWAY GAS" I am not in jersey, this isn't my real Email or anything because I didn't really wanna register, just wanted to pass some info on to you, but I just came from a mechanic here that said that he is replacing alot of fuel pumps from people that have gased up at raceway. He was telling me that people go there to save an extra 5 cents on a gallon of gas but they will pay back that and more in the long run. They can sell gas so cheap because it has so much garbage in it. Listen, this is true advice you may think I am BSing but I did this to my car and you can look it up online. Put a gallon of rubbing alcohal to a full tank of high octain gas (8 pints). I know it sounds a lil crazy but god willing if yours isn't already too far gone by the race way garbage then that will save you from buying new fuel pumps. Also, it is pumping WAY too much gas through and making you idle like that. Mine is a high power sports car, and it goes as far as to die now. I am praying the rubbing alcohal works on mine but I have been having problems for a whlie, and another thought you wanna take into consideration. Gas cleans moter oil if there is too much pumping through, and because their gas is prone to make cars pump too much gas through the motors, is it washing the needed oils off of the parts that really need some there, and is pretty much wearing it down too fast or in a way adding miles to your motor. This is all a serious problem. now that word is getting out more and more raceway is trying to hold their hands over their *******s and run to save some money and not have to deal with lawsuits. They want to keep this quiet. The reason the car companies are sueing them is because they had to pay for many many many warranty replacements of fuel injectors on newer cars that without the raceway garbage gas would not have these problems. My advice to you my friend, stay away from thoes raceway/kangaroo places. As I said this is all just what I have head and am lead to believe, I can't sware by every word BUT the evidence is there. I hope this helps you, if u have any more questions you think I might be able to help you with BonhamPrincess87@Hotmail.com is my Email. Raceway owes us new fuel injectors, it looks like I let mine go so long just dismissing it like you said that I will have to replace all 8. I am so furious! As I'm sure you are, I mean we can't even go to a place to get a good deal on gas without getting screwed anymore. This is **** man... I'm sorry you're having the same problems I am, but maybe if we get enough people together that are willing to do something about it we can take legal action and help all of the people that have been affected by their garbage gas and have them shut down. God willing god willing god willing... Good luck with ur wheels man, drop me a line sometime and lemme know how that is coming along

Old 12-15-2007, 07:47 AM

32,923 posts, read 36,323,847 times
What exhdo1 said, and if you're anywhere near due, put in a new fuel filter.

Interesting semi-related gas milage article to be fould at:

Pure Energy Systems
PESNetwork,Inc.
Acetone In Fuel Said To Increase Milage

http://64.233.169.104/search?q=cache:OUAUz1mxTCoJ:www.
pureenergysystems.com/news/2005/03/17/6900069_Acetone/+alcohol
+in+fuel+tank&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=1&gl=us&client=fire fox-a

Old 12-15-2007, 07:49 AM

9,124 posts, read 36,371,880 times
I got some bad gas this morning, but I think it was due to the barbequed pork plate I had for dinner.

Oops- I just replied to the thread title, but didn't read the posts.............

Old 12-15-2007, 09:58 AM

5,818 posts, read 12,621,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobKovacs View Post
I got some bad gas this morning, but I think it was due to the barbequed pork plate I had for dinner.

Oops- I just replied to the thread title, but didn't read the posts.............
I have the same problem with bad gas. I filled up at the White Castle yesterday and my engine is stalling a bit today. LOL

Old 12-16-2007, 09:35 PM

1,729 posts, read 4,996,590 times
Default passavator

Quote:
Originally Posted by passavator View Post

Thank you

Jerry Reingold

732-727-2189
RACEWAY GAS, LIKE many other businesses in NJ, have been taken over by third-world country citizens. Cheating others and corruption is for them a way of life, a form of existance. ANYTIME THAT you come across a problem like this, report it to CHANNEL 7, EYEWITNESS NEWS, 1-800-877-TIPS. You will get good results, because they will publicize it on the news.

Old 12-16-2007, 09:35 PM

8,876 posts, read 13,909,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JERSEY MAN View Post
I have the same problem with bad gas. I filled up at the White Castle yesterday and my engine is stalling a bit today. LOL
You may need to take it out on the open road and "blow the crap out of it".

Old 12-17-2007, 04:59 AM

17,003 posts, read 12,585,284 times
>RACEWAY GAS, LIKE many other businesses in NJ, have been taken over by third-world country citizens.<

Uh, hate to break it to you, but the name brands are also run by the same people. And oddly, Quick Chek came out as having the least alcohol, in their fuel, as last checked by the local small engine (lawnmower) shop. He goes to all the local stations to get fuel samples then runs the check. Bad gas kills small engines faster than car engines. He needs to be able to tell his customers where to go to get gas that wont kill their engines so fast.

Old 12-17-2007, 06:57 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,680,039 times
I love my Raceway gas station. Cheapest around, the guys are VERY nice and polite. Never had a problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey