Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 10:44 AM

2 posts, read 9,873 times

Advertisements

Hey all,

I'm new to this forum, so Hello!

I am currently living in Jersey already between lincoln park and JSQ. My wife and I now have a child and are looking to get into a less "ghetto" ish area . I found an apartment that is at crescent and brinkerhoff and it is by a park called "Arlington Park". Does anyone know if that is a good area? It is a 2bdrm for 1000 so I was wondering, it would be good if it was.
I am looking for a place closer to exchange place where I work but we are trying to save a little money ( I do the public transit thing..."yay").

The owner of the apt. called it the "Bergen Hill" area...is it nice?

thanks everyone!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2008, 10:50 AM

5,340 posts, read 13,953,134 times
Hello!

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new addition!

For those who may not know, I think you are talking about Jersey City. JSQ being Journal Square and Lincoln Park meaning the park in JC and not the town in NJ.

I'm not familiar with the area in JC that you are looking at, but I'm sure others here will be.

Good luck to you!

Old 10-30-2008, 10:55 AM

1,972 posts, read 5,423,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EEEPNJ View Post
Hello!

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new addition!

For those who may not know, I think you are talking about Jersey City. JSQ being Journal Square and Lincoln Park meaning the park in JC and not the town in NJ.

I'm not familiar with the area in JC that you are looking at, but I'm sure others here will be.

Good luck to you!
I'm so proud of you. No Obama/McCain references anywhere on your last statement.

Old 10-30-2008, 11:05 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,733,488 times
No...stay away from there.....Arlington Park is on Arlington Ave...not a good neighbor hood at all, you're actually better off where you're at if you can believe that

Old 10-30-2008, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex07860 View Post
I'm so proud of you. No Obama/McCain references anywhere on your last statement.
*sigh* Alex...again....3,357 posts... MOST don't have a reference.

Old 10-30-2008, 11:18 AM

5,818 posts, read 12,628,316 times
As Kate has stated DO NOT MOVE THERE. At nighttime that park is overrun with drug dealers, Bloods gang members, prostitutes and every kind of undesirable that JC has to offer. There is a reason the rent is cheaper in that area and it's not a good one especially to raise a child. Good luck try some other areas in JC. You have about 7 or 8 posters that either live in JC or are very familiar with it.

Old 10-30-2008, 12:12 PM

2 posts, read 9,873 times
*Sigh*

Seems like the search continues . Thanks for the congrats!! It is hard to believe that there is a worse area LOL but I'll take you guy's word for it, prostitutes crackheads and drugdealers oh my!
I would really like to find a good apartment without having to get a realtor involved (which I suspect most people like to avoid) but I am at a loss on where to look for apartment listings, and trying to convince myself that paying over 1000 is ok as I used to live in a nice area in Queens and payed more but it was a fantastic neighborhood, those days are gone as I now need a 2 bdrm and Queens is way to far from the job. Can I just *sigh* one more time

oh yeah no more obama mccain....please god can we just get this process over with haha!

Old 10-30-2008, 12:27 PM

13,404 posts, read 28,733,488 times
Anywhere in JC that is decent is going to cost $$$

Old 10-30-2008, 12:57 PM

I was thinking the same thing Kate.
OP you'd be better to look outside of JC with a place that you could take public transportation to Exchange place.

Old 10-30-2008, 04:01 PM

2,705 posts, read 8,273,135 times
Casany, really the only safe part of Jersey City is the square mile known as "Downtown Jersey City". Some people will say the Heights are OK but I wouldn't live there right now, and trust me I'm a tough son of a gun LOL. I love Jersey City as a whole, but Downtown is the only place I would inhabit.

Downtown is very pricey, but you would have a MINT of a commute to Exchange Place (would more than likely be able to walk).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey