Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-26-2008, 09:20 PM

469 posts, read 1,639,987 times

Advertisements

I know some stores do not open at 4am and 5am like the rest of the country and open later =/

Are there any stores which open at 3am, 4am, 5am, or evne 6am in Bergen County? If so please tell me where. Like any stores in the Garden State Plaza? Does Kohls? Does Target? Does Radioshack? etc.

Thank you for your help, please give me your feedback asap as it would REALLY hlep!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2008, 10:11 PM

1,471 posts, read 3,459,039 times
OK, here's what I know...

Bergen County has blue laws that limit operation hours of certain stores, I believe. However, Paramus has its own blue laws which are stricter than the county's. Most retail stores in Paramus cannot open before 7 a.m., and I believe they must close by 11 p.m. I do not know if stores in other towns can open when they want. I don't recall any stores in either Bergen or Passaic County opening before 5 a.m., but maybe things have changed since I last ventured out on BF.

My local Radio Shack is opening at 6 a.m.

Old 11-26-2008, 10:24 PM

Where are you located? Okay because I only called Kohls, the plaza, and Target. Target opens at 6AM, but that is not in Paramus, the other two are in Paramus and open at 7AM.

So what are some store slocated in Paramus that are not in Paramus, that are in like Hackensack, Lodi, etc. that may open earlier?

Old 11-26-2008, 10:40 PM

I'm in Fair Lawn. The rule may be the stores in Bergen County can't open before 6 a.m. If you're really anxious to get going on the sales, you're probably better off driving to Passaic County to Totowa, West Paterson, or Wayne. The rules are less restrictive there. But trust me, no matter how early the stores open, the crowds will be there. Going earlier might help a bit, but probably not much.

Old 11-27-2008, 01:07 AM

Do you know any other big stores (Circuit City, Kohls, Malls, etc. etc.) not in Paramus? Paramus has most of the stores here. Yeah I know, but then that is even more traffic for me so I don't know lol.

Old 11-27-2008, 07:07 AM

There are Kohl's stores in Ramsey and West Paterson or Totowa (I forget which town it technically falls in). There's a Circuit City store in Wayne. The CC's in Livingston and Palisades Mall are closing, so BF sales won't apply there. Malls? Well, the next closest major mall not in Paramus would be Willowbrook in Wayne, followed by the Nanuet Mall in Nanuet, NY and Palisades Center in West Nyack, NY. Unfortunately, though Paramus is the retail mecca in this area, so most major stores in Bergen County are going to be found there. If you want to shop earlier, you have to take a ride. The other major shopping areas in North Jersey would be the Totowa/West Paterson/Wayne area on Route 46 (and a bit on Route 23) and Livingston and East Hanover on and near Route 10. Route 10 is probably quieter than Route 46, but it's a longer ride from Bergen County and there aren't quite as many stores.

Old 11-27-2008, 01:05 PM

Wow there is nothing in Hackensack, Lodi, or Wallington? That's closer I'd be willing to go their!

Yeah I know Paramus is the retail mecca of suburban, north jersey =/
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey