Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-17-2008, 02:54 PM

1,463 posts, read 4,691,044 times

Advertisements

NJ.com is reporting that the owner of Mezzaluna Deli on 130 was found murdered in his shop Tuesday morning. This store is on the corner of Adams and 130.

This is very weird because this place was JUST featured in one of those newspaper inserts that the Princeton packet puts out every week for the SoBruns area.

Some people are saying mob hit, others are saying it's a random attack...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-17-2008, 03:27 PM

3,859 posts, read 9,977,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweepTheLeg View Post
NJ.com is reporting that the owner of Mezzaluna Deli on 130 was found murdered in his shop Tuesday morning. This store is on the corner of Adams and 130.

This is very weird because this place was JUST featured in one of those newspaper inserts that the Princeton packet puts out every week for the SoBruns area.

Some people are saying mob hit, others are saying it's a random attack...
Something tells me that people in North Brunswick may watch too much Sopranos-or they just don't want to admit that random acts of violence could occur in their town. I don't care where you live from Montague to Fortescue-crime happens. Either way, the lesson from all of this? Don't name your restaurant (or deli) Mezzaluna. I did a quick Google search of "Mezzaluna murder" and the first thing that came up was something about the O.J. Simpson case (the first one)-Mezzaluna was the name of the restaurant Nicole Brown left her glasses at when then waiter Ron Goldman picked them up and brought them to her...creepy...

Old 12-17-2008, 06:41 PM

1,507 posts, read 5,907,214 times
Wink Diner-Deli shootings

Wasn't one of the owners of the Seville Diner in East Brunswick shot in the head in his own parking lot in the daylight hours? Last year or so?

smells fishy to me...owners, paybacks, payoffs, where do you buy your cheese products and paper goods?

Old 12-17-2008, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHomeHappy View Post
Wasn't one of the owners of the Seville Diner in East Brunswick shot in the head in his own parking lot in the daylight hours? Last year or so?

smells fishy to me...owners, paybacks, payoffs, where do you buy your cheese products and paper goods?
Holy Crap...

I just read up on that - I used to go to the Seville all the time back in the early 90's. Frank Lagano was the man's name - he was a Genovese family member. Yes, THAT Genovese family.

A mob hit in East Brunswick. Holy crap. If there was any kind of organized murder in East Brunswick, I would expect the Mossad to be involved, not the Mob.

It happened in April of last year.

Old 12-18-2008, 05:57 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,761,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badfish740 View Post
Something tells me that people in North Brunswick may watch too much Sopranos-or they just don't want to admit that random acts of violence could occur in their town. I don't care where you live from Montague to Fortescue-crime happens. Either way, the lesson from all of this? Don't name your restaurant (or deli) Mezzaluna. I did a quick Google search of "Mezzaluna murder" and the first thing that came up was something about the O.J. Simpson case (the first one)-Mezzaluna was the name of the restaurant Nicole Brown left her glasses at when then waiter Ron Goldman picked them up and brought them to her...creepy...

I think you're right. I know some people from there and they always brag about how great it is and nothing bad ever happens there.

But, we could be wrong.

Old 12-18-2008, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyt719 View Post
I think you're right. I know some people from there and they always brag about how great it is and nothing bad ever happens there.

But, we could be wrong.
Well, as that part of North Brunswick is not too far from NEW Brunswick, it's not out of the realm of possibility that someone would try that.

But again, there was a Mob hit in East Brunswick - in broad daylight - less than 18 months ago, and as safe as North Brunswick is, East Brunswick is LIGHT YEARS ahead in safety.

I don't want to really make an assumption on this further until I find out cause of death and if there was a robbery involved.

Old 12-18-2008, 07:39 AM

5,450 posts, read 8,761,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SweepTheLeg View Post
Well, as that part of North Brunswick is not too far from NEW Brunswick, it's not out of the realm of possibility that someone would try that.

But again, there was a Mob hit in East Brunswick - in broad daylight - less than 18 months ago, and as safe as North Brunswick is, East Brunswick is LIGHT YEARS ahead in safety.

I don't want to really make an assumption on this further until I find out cause of death and if there was a robbery involved.

True - you know what they say about when we ASSUME

Old 12-18-2008, 07:41 AM

By cause of death, I mean the manner in which he was shot. When Sean Taylor of the Redskins was killed, I knew immediately by how he was shot that the incident was a botched robbery and they didn't mean to kill him.

Old 12-19-2008, 09:48 AM

1,184 posts, read 4,044,061 times
FWIW, here's an update on this story. Looks like the police have keyed in on the business partner.

Article in today's Home News and Tribune

Old 12-19-2008, 05:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RUNYYfan View Post
FWIW, here's an update on this story. Looks like the police have keyed in on the business partner.

Article in today's Home News and Tribune

*both* business partners.

What makes this freakier is that when they were featured in the article I mentioned in the pennysaver type newspaper, they were all hugging, smiling... and this was like two weeks ago.

What is going to suck the most about this, if the partners are in fact guilty, is that three families will have their Christmas holidays forever ruined. Especially for the victim.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey