Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-18-2008, 01:57 PM

5,340 posts, read 13,953,134 times

Advertisements

Uhm, the rural areas have their share of drugs too...

But after reading about this activity, I'm thanking God more and more that I grew up in the city....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2008, 01:57 PM

5,616 posts, read 15,521,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Badfish740 View Post
Ummm...all of your posts are whacko posts.

Actually it's not because cow tipping doesn't really exist. Contrary to popular belief cows don't sleep standing up the way horses do. It wouldn't really be possible to tip a horse either even though they sleep standing up because the reason that they do is so that they can make a quick getaway should something startle them. As prey animals they remain very alert even when they are technically sleeping. Anyway, back to cows. Cows lay down to sleep much like a dog, they just don't sleep the way we do. They catch naps periodically throughout a 24 hour period, regardless if its light or dark. If you see a cow standing up at night, its not asleep. Also, the average cow weighs anywhere from 1200 to 2000 pounds. They have low centers of gravity, and their knees do not "lock" which is supposed make cow tipping possible. Also, like many animals, its difficult to sneak up on them. In any event, stories of cow tipping are just that-stories...
ohh so that guy was pulling my leg? You mean there is no such thing as this?? So any idiot who believes it the jokes on them right??? He said it so seriously and someone else said they cow tipped. Help tell me the truth, now Im really laughing!!

Old 12-18-2008, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalfFull View Post
and just to clarify, in response to your thread title (cow tipping at christmas time!! )... this is not just a holiday activity, you can enjoy it throughout the year !!

(yeah, yeah, I know, I'm going to hell)
Is this cow tipped stuff made up for city folks to look stupid?? Read above post.

I am going to do a google search!!!!

Old 12-18-2008, 01:59 PM

3,219 posts, read 6,582,736 times
I guess tipping the cows over makes their "milk shake".

Old 12-18-2008, 01:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EEEPNJ View Post
Uhm, the rural areas have their share of drugs too...

But after reading about this activity, I'm thanking God more and more that I grew up in the city....
your like me a city folk you never heard of this. Now tell me from these posts can you tell me if there is really such a thing?????? What are you making of this. I need to know , because I am dealing with a salesman and I want to know if he was b.s. me???

Old 12-18-2008, 02:03 PM

5,340 posts, read 13,953,134 times
From what I understand, this does really exist. I would have to assume it would hurt the animals.

I remember an ex-boyfriend had a cousin who lived in the sticks and he came over telling us how he was cow tipping. I remember looking at him like "Dude, you really need to get out more."

Old 12-18-2008, 02:03 PM

got the solution, im heading over to the IOWA forum and I will find out. If they call me a stupid NJ kid, then I will know!!

Old 12-18-2008, 02:08 PM

I have been DUPED!!! There is no such thing as cow tipping the above poster is correct! Its impossible , how stupid one can be believing that. HEY I grew up IN BERGEN COUNTY, we thought milk came from a box.

Old 12-18-2008, 02:16 PM

266 posts, read 547,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EEEPNJ View Post
From what I understand, this does really exist. I would have to assume it would hurt the animals.

I remember an ex-boyfriend had a cousin who lived in the sticks and he came over telling us how he was cow tipping. I remember looking at him like "Dude, you really need to get out more."
.. get out more and tip more cows?

You guys are all a hoot!!

In my younger years I spent summers at my sister's which was in the country. Never tipped a cow, never thought about tipping a cow, never hugged, kissed or otherwise became friends with a cow. But if they know you, they are friendly. BTW their tongues are like sandpapers! Yuck! Bleh!

I would, however, ride bareback with no shoes and no reins.

Old 12-18-2008, 02:21 PM

3,859 posts, read 9,980,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevemorse View Post
Is this cow tipped stuff made up for city folks to look stupid??
It's kind of like a snipe hunt.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey