Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-19-2009, 08:39 PM

229 posts, read 923,611 times

Advertisements

We just signed a contract on the Altessa. My GF and I have been looking at Condos in Union City for the past few weeks. We looked at all the names you would know. It took less than 2 hours from first phone call to signed contract at the Altessa.
I called Joe, the sales guy, at 4:45. We arranged a hard hat tour for 6:30. By 6:45 we had signed a contract on a unit, it is that impressive.
The roof view is unbelievable. You can see forever. The pool and running track are going to be insane. We looked at 3 units and just knew.
We told Joe which unit we wanted, he called the builder, we had a deal. I encourage anyone who is looking in Union City to take a look at Altessa. As I said, I have been in all the new Condos in Union City. NOT ONE holds a candle to the Altessa.
The 125 bus from Port Authority runs right there. It is 25 minutes from PA to the Altessa’s front door. In the morning, the 123 is a 5 minute walk then a 15 minute ride to PA.
I want to move in tomorrow. Can’t wait for the end of Summer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2009, 08:15 AM

1,489 posts, read 3,089,219 times
Wow all these people moving to Union City. I think the Altessa is near where I bought, and I'd like to check that place out too. Millsan, you'll have some nice views 4th of July.

Weehawken vs Union City really depends on the person, but for me, I wanted something I could afford and would get a good return on years down the road when I am ready to start a family =x. Union City it was, and I'm very happy with my choice so far.

Speaking Spanish will help you, but its not a must at all, and through living there, you learn a few words, they'll learn some more, and no problems.

Old 05-20-2009, 05:28 PM

Yeah, I am excited. It may seem funny, but I ordered Rosetta stone Spanish because of the area. I already speak a very small bit, and some Russian, so why not? It is all in the marketing. If you tell people that the area has a Caribbean Flair, sounds great. If you say it is deeply Hispanic and you had better speak Spanish, maybe not so much. I prefer to think of it as Caribbean Flair!

Old 05-20-2009, 10:56 PM

8 posts, read 31,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by millsan1 View Post
We just signed a contract on the Altessa. My GF and I have been looking at Condos in Union City for the past few weeks. We looked at all the names you would know. It took less than 2 hours from first phone call to signed contract at the Altessa.
I called Joe, the sales guy, at 4:45. We arranged a hard hat tour for 6:30. By 6:45 we had signed a contract on a unit, it is that impressive.
The roof view is unbelievable. You can see forever. The pool and running track are going to be insane. We looked at 3 units and just knew.
We told Joe which unit we wanted, he called the builder, we had a deal. I encourage anyone who is looking in Union City to take a look at Altessa. As I said, I have been in all the new Condos in Union City. NOT ONE holds a candle to the Altessa.
The 125 bus from Port Authority runs right there. It is 25 minutes from PA to the Altessa’s front door. In the morning, the 123 is a 5 minute walk then a 15 minute ride to PA.
I want to move in tomorrow. Can’t wait for the end of Summer.
Hey...I just sent my contract into Joe today as well. If you do not mind me asking...which unit did you opt for? I went for Unit 603. I wish I could have done another one but I am a single guy doing this by myself and as this is my first apartment, I don't want to over extend myself. Especially by the time the property tax abatement is over in 5 years. Also, did you get the options?

Joe stated that the roof may be done in a month and he will invite everyone back who signed a contract to come and take a look at the finished product. And you are not lying about that view. It is plain sick!

On another note...I am glas I found this forum. I came up here to find out about Union City and to hear the positive comments is making me feel better about my decision.

Old 05-21-2009, 01:23 PM

We went for 1501. I am in a different boat, I am 38 and this is my 4th house (not all at once, of course). I was sold when I hit the roof. We did get the options, I think it is worth it for the $4k, or whatever it is.

603 is a good unit. The view may not be the city, but I think you see the GWB and the new HS looks nice as well.

Joe is starting a Facebook and Blog for Altessa. Hope it is soon, want to talk to other new residents. I am really psyched.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey