Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2009, 12:42 PM

27 posts, read 214,376 times

Advertisements

^^^^ thanks so much, that was far more helpful than telling me to move to the Bronx. lol... thanks again
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2009, 03:54 PM

177 posts, read 700,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pretorius View Post
Late night transportation – NJ Transit buses 128 and 159 run 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Everyplace in Weehawken (except waterfront areas which don’t have a lot of rental housing) and everyplace in Union City (except southern 1/3 of city) is within 10 minutes’ walk of these bus routes. In addition, gypsy buses run similar routes at all hours. Late at night, the bus trip from Manhattan to Weehawken and Union City takes between 5 and 15 minutes (depending on stop) according to schedules for 128 and 159 buses. The evening trip into the city takes a few minutes longer because there’s more traffic congestion.
Based on this:
http://www.njtransit.com/pdf/bus/T1158.pdf

It appears that the 159 makes its last run from Port Authority to NJ at 10:00pm during the week, and the 158 makes its last run at 1:30am during the week. This is not 24 hour service since they don't start up until after 6am again.

Maybe I read the schedule wrong and you can correct me. I have been very interested in NJ transit going from NYC to NJ in the middle of the night and have yet to find it. In fact, they actually lock up Port Authority and don't open it up until 5:30am (at least on the weekends).

Old 02-12-2009, 04:15 PM

27 posts, read 214,376 times
from what ive gathered the private shuttle buses in front of the duane read run all night. but only the ones that run down blvd. east not the bergenline ones

Old 02-12-2009, 04:24 PM

252 posts, read 456,636 times
Capo, you're looking at the wrong schedule. Here's the correct one. 159 buses depart Port Authority at 12:10 am, 12:40 am, 1:10 am, 1:40 am, 2:50 am, and 3:30 am, 7 days a week.

http://www.njtransit.com/pdf/bus/T0159.pdf

In the middle of the night, some parts of the station are locked down, but other parts remain open and buses depart from a limited # of gates. Only one entrance is open in the middle of the night, and you need show a bus pass to get through to the gates.

Old 02-12-2009, 04:32 PM

252 posts, read 456,636 times
Here's the 128.

http://www.njtransit.com/pdf/bus/T0128.pdf

Buses leaving throughout the early morning hours, 7 days a week.

Old 02-12-2009, 06:28 PM

1,577 posts, read 5,688,910 times
Did you try parts of Jersey City?

You can find more in Jersey City i bet.

Just stay out of the neighborhoods of Greenville, and parts of Bergen/Lafayette... They aren't that nice.

Old 02-12-2009, 08:27 PM

2,653 posts, read 5,963,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by popschild View Post
^^^^ thanks so much, that was far more helpful than telling me to move to the Bronx. lol... thanks again
I was not trying to be helpful.
You obviously have very little interest in NJ or Hudson Co other than the fact that it is cheaper than Manhattan.
I fear the day Hudson Co turns into a douche-fest launching pad like large swaths of Brooklyn have become.
As long as the area is safe enough too stumble home late at night, people like this could care less about Union City's school system or overall quality of life.
At least many of the yuppies in Downtown Jersey City buy into the neighborhood. They invest in the future of the area. They have a vested interest in the course of their neighborhood.
This guy could care less if Union City falls off the map as long as he does not get shot & can live cheap close to NYC.
People live & raise children in these neighborhoods. It's not some summer camp to live out your NYC fantasy on the cheap.

Old 02-12-2009, 08:29 PM

177 posts, read 700,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pretorius View Post
Capo, you're looking at the wrong schedule. Here's the correct one. 159 buses depart Port Authority at 12:10 am, 12:40 am, 1:10 am, 1:40 am, 2:50 am, and 3:30 am, 7 days a week.

http://www.njtransit.com/pdf/bus/T0159.pdf

In the middle of the night, some parts of the station are locked down, but other parts remain open and buses depart from a limited # of gates. Only one entrance is open in the middle of the night, and you need show a bus pass to get through to the gates.
Thanks for the info!

Old 02-12-2009, 09:30 PM

4,182 posts, read 5,064,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by openheads View Post
I fear the day Hudson Co turns into a douche-fest launching pad like large swaths of Brooklyn have become.
that'll never happen.

the douche-bag's and douche-ette's have a genetic predisposition against having a NJ zip code or area code.

Old 02-13-2009, 12:33 AM

1,014 posts, read 2,889,024 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by openheads View Post
I was not trying to be helpful.
You obviously have very little interest in NJ or Hudson Co other than the fact that it is cheaper than Manhattan.
As long as the area is safe enough too stumble home late at night, people like this could care less about Union City's school system or overall quality of life.
At least many of the yuppies in Downtown Jersey City buy into the neighborhood. They invest in the future of the area. They have a vested interest in the course of their neighborhood.
This guy could care less if Union City falls off the map as long as he does not get shot & can live cheap close to NYC.
People live & raise children in these neighborhoods. It's not some summer camp to live out your NYC fantasy on the cheap.
I lol'd.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey