Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-16-2009, 02:59 PM

2 posts, read 11,568 times

Advertisements

Hi all,

I am interested in becoming the patient of Dr. Faith Frieden or Dr. Daniel Hakimi. I've done a lot of research, but would like to know if you have any opinion on either of them. I have very high standards when it comes to MDs. I expect them to take care of me as a "whole person", have excellent knowlege of his/her profession, and also excellent bedside manner. It's important that I have a meaningful relationship with my doctors.

Thank you in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-16-2009, 03:12 PM

36 posts, read 257,236 times
Default OB-GYN Dr. Irani

I don't know those doctors. However, I can recommend you Dr. Irani she has 30 yrs of experience and is actually a group of all women OB/GYN they have 3 offices, ramsey, hackensack, and rutherford. And they are all affiliated with hackensack medical center which is rated as one of the best hospitals.
They are really good, however if you ever make an appt. don't make it with Dr. Del Rosario she is really cold and somewhat disconnected.
Dr. Irani and Dr. Chait are great.
Try if you are interested, there are a lot people Rutherford, however in Hackensack ther eis not too many patients.
Maybe give it a try

Old 02-16-2009, 03:44 PM

51,691 posts, read 15,696,447 times
I too go to Dr. Irani in her Hackensack office and find her to be very good. I needed to a have a certain procedure done and was a basket case and she made me feel at ease as she knows I don't trust to many doctors.As the above poster mentioned she is affiliated with Hackensack Medical Center which is not that far from her office and is one of the best hospitals around. My daughter started going to her as well and likes her.

Old 02-16-2009, 08:22 PM

15 posts, read 73,639 times
Default Dr.Irani....meh

This is just my personal opinion of Dr.Irani's office.

It's the WORST. I was pregnant in 2008. I started going to Dr.Irani because her office was close to my work, my home, and my mother's house. Wow...I should have made a different choice.

There is the highest turn around rate in her Rutherford office. There was always a new face every time I went in for my check up each month. At one point they even lost my records. They would double and triple book appointments so you would be sitting there forever. One time, I was waiting in the examination room for over an hour before someone came in and said, "Oh, she's on an important call. Can you come in another day?" Their way of doing things is terrible. BTW, don't expect a call back if you have a problem...you would have a better chance in seeing Jesus.

If you do choose Dr.Irani stay away from Dr.Del Rosario. She is unpleasant, nasty, impolite and plain old mean spirited. I remember I told her about some round ligament pain I was having and I said that I was in excruiating pain. She said, "Well, take Tylenol for your excruiating pain". I finally chose to find a different doctor after complaining and complaining of headaches and seeing spots and having them do nothing. Come to find out I was pre-eclamptic and I had an emergency induction. No thanks to them, my son and I are fine.

Dr. Bakhtaver Irani - Rutherford, NJ Doctor Ratings | RateMDs.com

out of 95 reviews she has a rating of a 2!

I would maybe try Dr.Jennifer Ashton in Englewood Cliffs. She is VERY pleasant and thorough. She explains all procedures to you and is very attentive. She attended my first pregnancy with my daughter. I tried Faith Frieden but she wasn't seeing patients...she was actually the doctor who did my ultrasound at Englewood Hospital.

Old 02-17-2009, 07:49 AM

2 posts, read 11,568 times
Default Agree

Hi all,

Thanks for your help.

My sister-in-law was misdiagnosed by Dr. Irani's office and out of work for three months because of it. I appreciate that she was being cautious, but throughout the ordeal, she was cold and unhelpful. Created a very stressful situation...

Thanks again!

Old 02-17-2009, 09:20 AM

51,691 posts, read 15,696,447 times
After reading HollieHobbie's post and seeing all the negative posts on the RATEMD's.com site now I am concerned. To be honest I haven't seen her in almost 3 years because we currently have no health insurance but when I do get insurance again it looks like I will be looking for a new GYN. My daughter is not going to be thrilled when I show her Dr. Irani's ratings from the others and I hope this won't make her stop from being seen by another GYN. It took her many years to get the courage to go see Irani. Another one you need to stay away from is Dr. Cocoziello in Elmwood Park. She is very cold and intimidating and thinks she is Ivana Trump or something. Took my daughter to her many years ago and she was so turned off that she didn't go to a GYN for years and as I stated in my last post above HollieHobbie's when she went to Irani's she found her very likable so this news is NOT good. Good luck!

Old 02-17-2009, 09:28 AM
zas

95 posts, read 283,268 times
Go for Dr. Daniel Hakimi, I love him and his staff (Melissa) young and understanding..He explains everything and tell you the news and lastest that is going on with women medicine..He doesn't have a history of cutting women to rush them to have a baby with a million excuses to peform a c-section..I had issues during my son birth, he was there, and I had him naturally...Love him

Old 02-17-2009, 10:08 PM

36 posts, read 257,236 times
[quote=HollyHobbie;7496182]
My thought exactly I thought it was just me, but this Dr.DelRosario is so weird and insensitive, no compassion at all, I totally despise her.
BTw, thanks for the link after all these comments i don't plan on going there ever again

Old 03-20-2012, 12:11 PM

2 posts, read 6,437 times
This post is old but I'm hoping it helps someone somewhere... Dr. Cocozielo is a nightmare. I had a miscarriage that needed a d&c and she said u don't have insurance take Tylenol and go home. I went back to her cuz I thought I was pregnant and she said you don't have insurance I'm not running tests on you. Mind you... I had all the cash I needed but that didn't matter. I ended up going to a better ob/gyn who told me about my cysts. Dr Hakimi definitely has changed my opinion on how a doctor should treat his patients. He's caring, sensitive, humble (no god complex like Cocozielo), an excellent surgeon because his c section scars look more like paper cuts when he's done and he's super knowledgable. He will take his time explaining every detail for you so you are never in the dark.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey