Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2009, 05:37 AM

1 posts, read 4,731 times

Advertisements

Hi there.

My husband and I are considering renting in Trump Plaza in Jersey City - does anyone live there or know anyone who does? We're relocating from Brooklyn and don't know a lot about the pros and cons of the building or the neighborhood, so we're open to any and all advice.

Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-24-2009, 05:47 AM

2,179 posts, read 6,718,142 times
Overpriced. My GF and I looked there before we settled on Liberty Harbor and it's grossly overpriced with small closet space. Also, there isn't much to do in that neighborhood.

Old 02-24-2009, 05:58 AM

2,771 posts, read 6,276,461 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by monkeypant View Post
Hi there.

My husband and I are considering renting in Trump Plaza in Jersey City - does anyone live there or know anyone who does? We're relocating from Brooklyn and don't know a lot about the pros and cons of the building or the neighborhood, so we're open to any and all advice.

Thanks.
It's in downtown Jersey City. Nice area, very convenient location. Only down side is the cost, but I take it you know how much it is ...

Old 02-24-2009, 11:31 AM

2,705 posts, read 8,273,135 times
Pricey, but amazing views. Quiet/safe area. The area around Grove Street has more bars and restaurants.

Old 02-24-2009, 11:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DowntownJerseyCity View Post
Overpriced. My GF and I looked there before we settled on Liberty Harbor and it's grossly overpriced with small closet space. Also, there isn't much to do in that neighborhood.
Are you the artist formerly known as Hoboken Guy? There is a German-style Beer Garden opening up in Liberty Harbor supposedly on St. Patty's Day.

Old 02-24-2009, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyc_37 View Post
Are you the artist formerly known as Hoboken Guy? There is a German-style Beer Garden opening up in Liberty Harbor supposedly on St. Patty's Day.
LOL Yes, I am the artist formerly known as HobokenGuy.

I just walked by the beer garden and I would be stunned if they can get it open in time. Looooooong way to go.

Old 02-24-2009, 02:17 PM

Quote:
LOL Yes, I am the artist formerly known as HobokenGuy.

I just walked by the beer garden and I would be stunned if they can get it open in time. Looooooong way to go.
I have a friend who lives in Liberty Harbor, and says that it appears to be mostly indoors? Shouldn't a beer garden be mostly....outdoors, in order to qualify as a beer garden?

Old 02-24-2009, 02:50 PM

7,055 posts, read 19,312,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyc_37 View Post
I have a friend who lives in Liberty Harbor, and says that it appears to be mostly indoors? Shouldn't a beer garden be mostly....outdoors, in order to qualify as a beer garden?
Ah, just throw in a few potted ficus trees and it'll look like the outdoors!

Old 02-24-2009, 02:56 PM

There is a huge open area in the back that just had some trees planted. I am guessing that's where the seating will be.

I wonder if this place will be out of control like the Hoboken bars are.

Old 02-25-2009, 10:13 AM

Quote:
There is a huge open area in the back that just had some trees planted. I am guessing that's where the seating will be.

I wonder if this place will be out of control like the Hoboken bars are.
I don't see that happening. You have left the Land of the Frat Boys, and you've moved to the land of the civilized

Of course, don't leave Downtown...then you'll come across the uncivilized!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey