Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2009, 05:01 PM

786 posts, read 2,663,729 times

Advertisements

In China, if you did something wrong, they punish you.

Here, we give you bailout money in the billions which you can then give as bonuses to the same morons who got the company (and the country) in the mess in the first place.

Chorus of outrage over millions in AIG bonuses
The Associated Press: Chorus of outrage over millions in AIG bonuses
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2009, 05:14 PM

3,219 posts, read 6,580,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kalim2008 View Post
In China, if you did something wrong, they punish you.

Here, we give you bailout money in the billions which you can then give as bonuses to the same morons who got the company (and the country) in the mess in the first place.

Chorus of outrage over millions in AIG bonuses
The Associated Press: Chorus of outrage over millions in AIG bonuses
May as well give the bank robbers another banks worth of money to take too.

Old 03-15-2009, 05:16 PM

263 posts, read 524,028 times
Wrong: they are not morons they are the "best and brightest". WE THE TAXPAYERS ARE MORONS

“We cannot attract and retain the best and the brightest talent to lead and staff the A.I.G. businesses — which are now being operated principally on behalf of American taxpayers — if employees believe their compensation is subject to continued and arbitrary adjustment by the U.S. Treasury,” he wrote Mr. Geithner on Saturday.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/15/business/15AIG.html

Old 03-15-2009, 05:39 PM

10,447 posts, read 49,648,565 times
Yea and last week Bank of America took another $9 billion to be used for American investment but they the very same day took $8 billion of that money and invested it in China.

Nobama is giving away the fort here.

If your going to give away bailout money or stimulas money then make the clowns sign a cotract stating what they must do with it. Instead they are being handed the money to do as they please.

I smell federal fraud but my nose is better then your governments.

Old 03-15-2009, 06:42 PM

4,179 posts, read 5,058,253 times
what does this thread have to do with NJ ?

Old 03-15-2009, 06:47 PM

1,787 posts, read 5,746,159 times
This is amazing to me. The company "has" to give out bonuses in order to keep the "good" employees??? The ones that destroyed the company??? Or AIG could be sued?? What? Where would the bonuses and good employees be if the company folded?

NO MORE MONEY TO AIG!!!!!

Old 03-15-2009, 07:20 PM

5,818 posts, read 12,622,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timneh5 View Post
This is amazing to me. The company "has" to give out bonuses in order to keep the "good" employees??? The ones that destroyed the company??? Or AIG could be sued?? What? Where would the bonuses and good employees be if the company folded?

NO MORE MONEY TO AIG!!!!!
We should have said that a 100 billion dollars ago.

Old 03-15-2009, 08:59 PM

392 posts, read 842,190 times
The more I look back at it the more I think these financial giants should have been allowed to fail. The pain and chaos would have been severe but by now a clearer more stable landscape would have emerged.

AIG would have taken down Goldman and perhaps hobbled a couple of the bigger European banks. Disaster, yes. End of the world no. The viable pieces would have been picked up as in the case of Lehman. Citi should have been put in receivership a long time ago or gone the way of Wachovia and Wamu.

I work in the industry, this might have meant my job (as a domino effect)...but that's how capital markets should function. (How's that for country first?)

As it stands now, we still have a financial system that is effectively insolvent. The only credit flowing is that guaranteed by the central banks.
Not sure, how long we can keep the wool over everyone's eyes.

Old 03-16-2009, 02:07 AM

20,329 posts, read 19,914,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JG183 View Post
what does this thread have to do with NJ ?
It's nice to discuss with our NJ neighbors because we have a stake in this game too.

Face it, we know a thing or two or nine about getting fleeced tax-wise that many elsewhere can't relate to.

Who better than NJ'ians?

Old 03-16-2009, 02:09 AM

20,329 posts, read 19,914,840 times
Why do our morons in Congress just keep shelling out billions with no oversight?

They give away the money then they have the gall to preen for the cameras when they're dressing down CEOs after the money disappears.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey