Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 08:47 PM

2 posts, read 6,129 times

Advertisements

I lived in this building. And it was a nightmare. The apartment & view was beautiful.they broke into my apartment. It was a maintenance worker, this had happen to other tenants. I called the cops filed a report and lived there for 4 months free, because management din't want to pay me for what items were stolen. The management wanted me to keep quiet and not alarm the other tenants. On the 5th month, management then decided to flood out the empty apartment above mine. On the 6th month i was out of that place. All i can say is do your research before giving them any money and signatures.if i had the $$$ i'd buy the entire building and turn it into the luxury that their advertisement states...with up todate appliances, etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2009, 08:59 PM

2 posts, read 6,129 times
I lived in this building. And it was a nightmare. The apartment & view was beautiful.they broke into my apartment. It was a maintenance worker, this had happen to other tenants. I called the cops filed a report and lived there for 4 months free, because management din't want to pay me for what items were stolen. The management wanted me to keep quiet and not alarm the other tenants. On the 5th month, management then decided to flood out the empty apartment above mine. On the 6th month i was out of that place. All i can say is do your research before giving them any money and signatures.if i had the $$$ i'd buy the entire building and turn it into the luxury that their advertisement states...with up todate appliances, etc.

Old 06-04-2009, 10:05 AM

8 posts, read 56,590 times
Beautifulaquarius,
Thank you for the well wishes...I sure you will have a wonderful experience wherever you decide to move.

Old 06-19-2009, 10:02 PM

2,385 posts, read 3,669,591 times
Default just wondering....

So what is it that you LOVE so much? I'm happy for you that you love it here, but help me understand your comment....

What exactly do you love? The views are wonderful, or have the potential to be wonderful, if you were able to clean the outside of the windows, which is close to impossible, but aside from that........

Do you love the vandalism? The way people carve things in the walls and burn the plastic light indicators in the elevators? The garbage people leave on the floors in the trash rooms, which attracts vermin? The fact that the cold, unheated pool is open for 6 weeks max during the summer with very limited hours of operation and that even then, it is closed more days than it's open and you have to take the same swimming test every year prior to going past the children's area rope, even though it's the same lifequard every season? The windows with locks that don't allow you to open them more than 4 inches? The lack of screens on the windows? The fact that you can't get valet parking even though they advertise that as a feature? The way the elevators are always breaking? The constant flooding in the parking garage? The leaking ceilings? The fact that they advertise having a fitness room, but none of the equipment actually works?

I, personally, can't wait to get out of this place. If I could move today, I'd be gone in a heartbeat! I really do want to know what you love about it..........and I'm sorry to say, but give it a little time and you might realize what I mean. Oh, and just wait until they have a plumbing or heating issue and you are either left without heat or without running water and then they will come into your apt. at any time, because it's an emergency. Then they will leave your place totally trashed and when you complain they will send someone up to help clean up the mess. Unfortunately, you have to check what they are planning to clean with. A couple of years ago, they sent someone to my apt. to clean the mess they made. He was going to "dust" my kitchen counters and antique furniture for me. Luckily, I stopped him before he got started. He was planning to spray OVEN CLEANER on the laminate countertops and my antique wood furniture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iceking80 View Post
beautifulaquarius,
I recently moved into the building and I LOVE IT!!!! I think they are under new management, because I have not seen anyone named Ori. I would definitely check it out for yourself...I believe you will not be sorry!

Old 06-19-2009, 10:06 PM

2,385 posts, read 3,669,591 times
Default Good decision

You mad the right choice not to live here. Hope you found a place where you can feel safe and comfortable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beautifulaquarius View Post
Iceking,

Thank you for your response but I decided against moving to view on the park. The negative feedback definitely outweighed the positive feedback that I received both online and offline and as a result I was unwilling to take a chance and move there. Glad your experience is good!

Old 06-30-2009, 11:33 PM

11 posts, read 75,883 times
Iceking - Do you know the story behind the new "rent box" at the front desk and the new procedure for mailing rent to a management company instead of the usual taking it directly to the 5th floor office? If not here's the story: Ori (manager and owner's son-in-law) apparently has been in engaged in some unethical, greedy and corrupt practices. According to good sources (in the bldg) he was inflating each apt's rent to city hall, say you pay 1600 per/mo, he was reporting that rent to city hall rent rolls as 1800, that way when you moved he could "jusitify" increasing rent to say 1900, or maybe 1700 rather than the usual 4-5% which would be about 1650 for a new tenant. Well tenants became aware of this practice and he is now "under investigation" and a management company was hired to collect our rents in order to see what we are actually paying. The man is incompetent and unethical, dad gave him that job. Last I heard there are at least 85 empty apts, the bldg has 165 apts. He doesn't have the management skills, experience,marketing capabilities or even common sense to rent apts, some apts have been empty for 3+ yrs. Keep your ears and eyes opened, i'm hearing there are problems.

Old 07-01-2009, 01:07 AM

11 posts, read 75,883 times
Default View on the park

Quote:
Originally Posted by vrexy View Post
So what is it that you LOVE so much? I'm happy for you that you love it here, but help me understand your comment....

What exactly do you love? The views are wonderful, or have the potential to be wonderful, if you were able to clean the outside of the windows, which is close to impossible, but aside from that........

Do you love the vandalism? The way people carve things in the walls and burn the plastic light indicators in the elevators? The garbage people leave on the floors in the trash rooms, which attracts vermin? The fact that the cold, unheated pool is open for 6 weeks max during the summer with very limited hours of operation and that even then, it is closed more days than it's open and you have to take the same swimming test every year prior to going past the children's area rope, even though it's the same lifequard every season? The windows with locks that don't allow you to open them more than 4 inches? The lack of screens on the windows? The fact that you can't get valet parking even though they advertise that as a feature? The way the elevators are always breaking? The constant flooding in the parking garage? The leaking ceilings? The fact that they advertise having a fitness room, but none of the equipment actually works?

I, personally, can't wait to get out of this place. If I could move today, I'd be gone in a heartbeat! I really do want to know what you love about it..........and I'm sorry to say, but give it a little time and you might realize what I mean. Oh, and just wait until they have a plumbing or heating issue and you are either left without heat or without running water and then they will come into your apt. at any time, because it's an emergency. Then they will leave your place totally trashed and when you complain they will send someone up to help clean up the mess. Unfortunately, you have to check what they are planning to clean with. A couple of years ago, they sent someone to my apt. to clean the mess they made. He was going to "dust" my kitchen counters and antique furniture for me. Luckily, I stopped him before he got started. He was planning to spray OVEN CLEANER on the laminate countertops and my antique wood furniture.
The swimming hours oh boy, what are they like from 10-7 pm on weekdays and 10-6 on weekends, what a joke. Most people work from 9-5 on the weekdays and spend their weekends shopping, cleaning, etc. so who has time to take a dip before 7p or 6P? I expect the pool to completely close down soon. Now he wants 5.00 per badge for each tenant, for what? To pay the 16 yr old lifeguard's salary, for the water, the maintenance? And the gym equipment again another joke, one treadmill works, one bike works, the screws fall out of the other equipment, i know tenants who pay for gym memberships because our gym is in such deplorable condition. As far as cleaning the windows, i hear that back in the day they used to have window washers you know the kind you see in high risers in NY? nope not here, i brought a window washer with an extension and i have to put my head out of the 4 inch opener and try really hard to reach up as far as I can to wash the outside of my windows. Look at the other "luxury" apts advertised in the EO area they advertise "1st month free rent" shuttle service to train station, not here, he is too frugal (nice world for CHEAP)

Old 07-27-2009, 01:17 PM

2 posts, read 4,766 times
Thanks for giving a different perspective Iceking. Perhaps those that don't share our experience at View on the Park formerly Crescent Park Towers should move. The grass is always greener on the other side of the "Park".....

Old 08-04-2009, 03:34 PM

11 posts, read 34,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdiva64 View Post
Thanks for giving a different perspective Iceking. Perhaps those that don't share our experience at View on the Park formerly Crescent Park Towers should move. The grass is always greener on the other side of the "Park".....

This is a forum for residents to express their opinions and share information. If you do not like to read negative opionions regarding your building, then perhaps you should not since you take these opionions very personal. The bldg has over 100 apts and of course everyone is not going to be pleased. Think about that.

Old 11-09-2009, 09:32 PM

137 posts, read 385,928 times
I AM AS WELL LOOKING @ THIS BUILDING. I have a co-worker who lives there. I haven't been yet. She told me there was a fire and someone burned up an entire floor (17). Is this correct?

JE
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey