Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-23-2016, 01:58 AM

1 posts, read 2,732 times

Advertisements

Is a good spot, and safe unless you consider smog unsafe because of traffic, but otherwise is nice there is a Target a Home Depot and Loews next to each other( go figure) also across the Avenue there is an Autozone on 81th there is a chucky cheese, and towards the back of that mall there an Aldi supermarket in front there is a Wendys, so all in all pretty nice place.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-23-2016, 04:54 AM

862 posts, read 974,956 times
north Bergen has a really nice section, blvd east, but that's on the other side of nb , tonnelle is just a dirty road, I would worry about the way people drive in this area, super aggressive, also this is a latino area, which is fine but you may feel out of place if you are not latino.

Old 05-26-2016, 10:49 AM

304 posts, read 364,246 times
It is safe if safety is your only concern. Like others have mentioned it can have extreme elements of urbanity in several categories. It is also hilly. But safe it surely is.

Old 05-31-2016, 01:25 PM

79 posts, read 72,294 times
wonder if it worked out for them, being that they moved to north Bergen about 9 years ago lol.

Old 06-10-2016, 09:41 AM

304 posts, read 364,246 times
Hahaha who re-opened this thread I didn't even realize it was 2007

Old 06-10-2016, 03:45 PM

19,116 posts, read 25,313,763 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy_407 View Post
I didn't even realize it was 2007

No, it's 2016.
Check your calendar!

Old 09-22-2016, 06:17 AM

30 posts, read 42,977 times
How is the lower north Bergen area that touches Jersey Heights ? Around 10th st and liberty av - are the home prices appreciating like in JC. How are the schools here - experts ?

Old 09-22-2016, 09:34 AM

4,027 posts, read 3,631,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geniusmagic View Post
How is the lower north Bergen area that touches Jersey Heights ? Around 10th st and liberty av - are the home prices appreciating like in JC. How are the schools here - experts ?

Probably the worst part of NB, but that's not to say it is dangerous. I grew up in North Bergen (uptown) and went to North Bergen High School. The kids from downtown were always more ghetto than those from other parts of town, or at least behaved that way. None of the schools in North Bergen are particularly good. Taxes in North Bergen are pretty damn high for what you get, although they are a bit lower on the west side of town you're referring to. I would not buy there. I would prefer to live in the heights if I had to choose between the two.

Old 09-22-2016, 02:20 PM

30 posts, read 42,977 times
Thanks for your reply. I imagine people living in North Bergen would be sending their kids to charter/private schools in JC then ? I agree JC Heights is preferable but I was looking at a property just adjacent to heights - single family home - but falls in North Bergen. It is reasonably priced as compared to what you see in the heights these days . For being so close to JC and getting a bigger house for less seemed like a good idea....but...

Old 10-24-2016, 03:32 PM

1 posts, read 2,365 times
Default North Bergen

Quote:
Originally Posted by mashni View Post
Hi there,

My husband has picked up a job in NJ and getting a apt on rent in North Bergen. This would be on 73rd St, Tonnelle ave, North Bergen.
Before moving to the new place, I would like to get some information about North Bergan, to be more specific about the safety and crime.

I will appreciate if someone can provide me this info or pointer from where to get the detail information @ this town.
I grew up in North Bergen and know it well. Unless you are desperate and willing to put up with a huge amount of truck traffic at all hours of the day and night, I advise you to search toward the Eastern sections of the town and stay away from the hills West of Kennedy Blvd. The area I call the "Avenues" 1st. 2nd, etc. from about the boarder of Guttenburg Northwards to the Fairwview . Fairview, Cliffside Park are also good areas but there you are looking at higher rents because you are getting up toward Ft. Lee and the George Washington Bridge.

I would be happy to provide you with further advice if you would care to contact me directly at [email]rhazelgreen@yahoo.com[/email]. If not then by all means, good luck and I hope my advice does not arrive finding you having bought or rented on Tonnelle Ave.

Rick
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey