Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2009, 05:10 AM

226 posts, read 860,125 times

Advertisements

Anyone know of a good 'things to do in Jersey' book? I'm getting fed up of not doing anything with the kids but don't really know what's out there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2009, 06:07 AM

7,577 posts, read 22,607,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahw View Post
Anyone know of a good 'things to do in Jersey' book? I'm getting fed up of not doing anything with the kids but don't really know what's out there.

There's a website... I'll see if I can find it. Being that you are so close to the PA border, and assuming your kids are young enough, the Crayola Factory tour might be a good thing to do?

[SIZE=3]Crayola Factory, Easton, Pennsylvania[/SIZE]

Old 04-08-2009, 08:18 AM

821 posts, read 2,038,382 times
This is a pretty good website. I'm a mother of two and I'm always looking for inexpensive fun things to do with the kids.

Things to do in New Jersey - FUN NEW JERSEY - Fun things to do in NJ

Old 04-08-2009, 02:09 PM

32,940 posts, read 36,359,395 times
Check your county, township and library system online. There should be some sort of childrens activities available. Nature centers have kid oriented activities.

Old 04-08-2009, 03:25 PM

2,312 posts, read 7,526,545 times
When my kids were little we spent a lot of time in public gardens and nature spots, just walking around or taking pictures. I'm not a super outdoors person, and it was really enjoyable, even for me.

In the summer I liked to take them to the bay beach in S. Seaside Park--very calm, a playground, ice cream truck.

Another thing I liked to do was take them to playgrounds in neighboring towns--it was always a little bit of an adventure.

Sounds like you've got cabin fever! It has been a long winter.

Old 04-08-2009, 07:11 PM

1,106 posts, read 4,898,592 times
I don't know the ages of your kids but there others have offered some good links. Here are a few ideas.

Liberty Science Center
Jenkinson's boardwalk & Aquarium in Point Pleasant - BTW the boardwalks along the shore will be open this weekend and you can buy half price ticket books that are good throughout the season - they do this every Easter. You can also buy them online.
There is a great kids museum in Philadelphia - I just don't know the name.
Turtle Back Zoo - West Orange
Popcorn Park Zoo - Forked River
John's Farm in Medford (although this is better in late spring, fall and summer when there is fruit picking.
The following are places I haven't been to but are on my list to explore this year with my daughter.
Allaire Village - Wall
Batsto Village - Hamonton
Northlandz train and doll Museum - Flemington (Also nice outlet shopping)
Sesame Place - Langhorn, PA

Also for summer events google NJ events calendar. There's the annual Balloon Festival in Readington, Air Shows, Music festivals, seafood festivals, ice cream festivals, kids theater, etc.

Have fun, and check back in and let us know if you find anything interesting.

Also, depending on where you are, there are lots of things to do in NYC and it's only a train ride away.

Old 04-08-2009, 07:22 PM

329 posts, read 1,529,123 times
Animal kingdom (exit 6 on turnpile) on a beautiful day (1-3 hrs) in a cheap car...
Its fun. I hear they are now open.

Or visit Bronx zoo if you are in northern jersey.

Old 04-09-2009, 08:12 AM

1,000 posts, read 3,602,848 times
Knoebels in Ellysburg PA is a sweet day trip. No admission, you just buy tickets and it's pretty cheap, I spent 300 buck an overnite trip including hotel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey