Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-27-2009, 08:00 AM

831 posts, read 2,440,212 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post
Let him move to his trailer park in Ocala. FlyersFan is an instigator.

Flyersfan and Sunny-Days90 should just make up their own thread because its so apparent they both are experts on living in Florida when neither of them actually do.

As far as NJ, I hated it when I lived there complained just like everyone else, now that I left, I can't wait to come home. I love the Bon Jovi song "who says", I feel like he wrote that song for me, lol

"who says you can't go back been all around the world and thats a matter of fact theres only one place left I wanna go.... who says you can't go home'

Old 04-27-2009, 09:11 AM

2,510 posts, read 3,982,567 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC1DAY View Post
OK. NJ is taxed and EVERYONE agrees. However........

People are taxed large amounts because the salaries in NJ are higher than MOST states. And people are taxed low amounts in other states because there are no high salaries to be found there ?

Currently, I live in SC. The average salary in NJ is a little more than double SC. Therefore, it is only fair that the residents in NJ pay double the taxes that the residents of SC do. Salary has nothing to do with property taxes.....it has to do with local services....do the local police, teachers etc. make double here.....I think not.

As I said before....... the entertainment that NJ offers plays a HUGE part into the taxes. Did people honestly think they are going to be able to live within 30 minutes of NYC, which is possibly the best city in the world and not pay large amounts of taxes?

Same with Philly. Philly is probably one of the top 5 cities in the U.S. Atlantic City is only second to Vegas. And the whole state is covered with beaches So......all the politicians jamb high taxes down our throats because we can drive an 2 hours to NYC to see a play ???? Absurd.

The solution to the taxes is very simple. Move to FL.

You will quickly learn about all of the hidden fees that Fl has. Ask DailyJournalist because he lived in Orlando. He is well aware of them.
By his own words DailyJournalist left Florida because of low pay.....he got tired of making $8 an hour so he now lives next to the largest crime ridden ghetto city in New Jersey....Camden....and continually bashes Florida because he couldn't make it there. Florida has low taxes due to the great income from tourist trade.....something New Jersey will never hope to have due to the hospital waste that washes up on our beaches someplace every summer.......beaches that you have to pay a fee to sit on.

Old 04-27-2009, 09:22 AM

1,983 posts, read 7,524,100 times
South Jersey over FLA any day of the week. FLA basically sucks unless you use it has a second home, vacation home location. The saying is true, good place to visit, bad place to live.

That said, the OP needs to be careful on 60K and needs to take into account property taxes.

Old 04-27-2009, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathyA11 View Post
There are a lot of sad statements about life here, but I imagine there are a lot of sad statements about life everywhere.

This type of response is exactly why New Jersey is in such sad shape.......people continually justify how badly they are getting screwed here with the backward logic of pointing to a different location that has a worse specific problem than we do.....and the politicians hear that and think.....well......these dummies haven't reached their breaking point yet lets heap some more taxes on them........theres no excuse to have to pay to sit on a public beach that our tax dollars go to maintain after every major storm yet the programmed "sheepeople" in this state continue to reach into their wallets and hand out hard earned dollars for that "privilege" !!!!

Old 04-27-2009, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmccauley View Post
As far as NJ, I hated it when I lived there complained just like everyone else, now that I left, I can't wait to come home. I love the Bon Jovi song "who says", I feel like he wrote that song for me, lol
Maybe "Bon" has an extra room for you to rent !!!

Old 04-27-2009, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoorestownResident View Post
South Jersey over FLA any day of the week. FLA basically sucks unless you use it has a second home, vacation home location. The saying is true, good place to visit, bad place to live.

That said, the OP needs to be careful on 60K and needs to take into account property taxes.

I spend a significant amount of time in Florida yearly and find just the opposite. As I stated in my original post to the OP taxes here in New Jersey will quickly eat up a good portion of that $60,000.......$10,000 in property taxes is not uncommon and if he attempts to live next to MoorestownResident then he can expect to pay $20,000+ a year.

Old 04-27-2009, 09:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyersFan View Post
By his own words DailyJournalist left Florida because of low pay.....he got tired of making $8 an hour so he now lives next to the largest crime ridden ghetto city in New Jersey....Camden....and continually bashes Florida because he couldn't make it there. Florida has low taxes due to the great income from tourist trade.....something New Jersey will never hope to have due to the hospital waste that washes up on our beaches someplace every summer.......beaches that you have to pay a fee to sit on.

You couldn't be more wrong. Florida does not have low taxes. It is a tourist state you are taxed on everything. You are nickel and dimed for everything here. Hmmm do you pay for air in your tires. Florida also has higher gas prices and we pump it ourselves. The insurance rates here are thru the roof. My car insurance is more expensive then it was in NJ due to all the uninsured motorists. My home owners insurance is triple from what I paid in NJ. When I compared my taxes and home owner association dues here in Florida to what I paid in NJ it was the same if not cheaper in NJ. Hard to believe but its true. I will agree Florida has great beaches but once you've lived here it gets old quick. NJ has a much better education system. As the saying goes you get what you pay for.

Old 04-27-2009, 09:45 AM

Quote:
Maybe "Bon" has an extra room for you to rent !!!

I'll take it

Old 04-27-2009, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmccauley View Post
You couldn't be more wrong. Florida does not have low taxes. It is a tourist state you are taxed on everything. You are nickel and dimed for everything here. Hmmm do you pay for air in your tires. YES !!! Florida also has higher gas prices and we pump it ourselves. The insurance rates here are thru the roof. My car insurance is more expensive then it was in NJ due to all the uninsured motorists. Thats funny.....my children who live in Ocala report it to be lower than New Jersey ? My home owners insurance is triple from what I paid in NJ.Thats understandable.....your in a hurricane state ? When I compared my taxes and home owner association dues here in Florida to what I paid in NJ it was the same if not cheaper in NJ. Hard to believe but its true. There are homewoner association dues everywhere you live in Condos, etc.... that doesn't apply.....what does apply is property taxes and they are insane in New Jersey.......$10,000 a year is not uncommon and even higher in areas......you can buy a nice home in Florida for 150K......its hard to find a nice condo in NJ for that kind of money. I will agree Florida has great beaches but once you've lived here it gets old quick. NJ has a much better education system. As the saying goes you get what you pay for.
Its not the system......its the teacher.....and by reading all the complaints in the New Jersey forum it would seem that people are generally unhappy with the education system in New Jersey and the COST of it.

Old 04-27-2009, 10:34 AM

1,983 posts, read 7,524,100 times
Quote:
I spend a significant amount of time in Florida yearly and find just the opposite. As I stated in my original post to the OP taxes here in New Jersey will quickly eat up a good portion of that $60,000.......$10,000 in property taxes is not uncommon and if he attempts to live next to MoorestownResident then he can expect to pay $20,000+ a year.
Many seniors are fine with warm to hot weather year-round, as the body ages, it tolerates less cold weather. But $60K is not a lot of money to go shopping for a house just about anywhere in NJ. I recommend the OP consider a condo or townhouse in Mount Laurel or Marlton.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey