Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-29-2009, 09:47 AM

5 posts, read 13,649 times

Advertisements

Hi Everyone,
This is my 1st post. I am interested in living in a beach or lake community in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware, or Maryland, where I can buy a 2 BR home for less than 200,000, and preferably less than 1 1/2 hours from Philadelphia. Ideally, low taxes is preferable and it would be great to live close to shopping, services and major employment as well. School systems are not a factor to us, since just my husband and I (who are in our 50's) would just be moving. I would sincerely appreciate your input and advice! Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2009, 10:12 AM

6,321 posts, read 10,339,296 times
Maybe Absecon, NJ? About an hour from Philly, 10-15 minutes from Atlantic City, and I don't think is quite as expensive as some other shore towns.

Old 04-29-2009, 06:42 PM

1,787 posts, read 5,746,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MYSTICKISS View Post
Hi Everyone,
This is my 1st post. I am interested in living in a beach or lake community in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware, or Maryland, where I can buy a 2 BR home for less than 200,000, and preferably less than 1 1/2 hours from Philadelphia. Ideally, low taxes is preferable and it would be great to live close to shopping, services and major employment as well. School systems are not a factor to us, since just my husband and I (who are in our 50's) would just be moving. I would sincerely appreciate your input and advice! Thanks.
Check out Beachwood, Ocean Gate, Bayville, and Toms River. I'm just not sure about employment in Ocean County. There's plenty of shopping and services, though. If you're 55+, check out the adult communities; housing is inexpensive.

Old 04-30-2009, 12:27 PM

1,057 posts, read 1,917,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by timneh5 View Post
Check out Beachwood, Ocean Gate, Bayville, and Toms River. I'm just not sure about employment in Ocean County. There's plenty of shopping and services, though. If you're 55+, check out the adult communities; housing is inexpensive.
Right on. All of those towns would certainly qualify. As for employment, there are many, many jobs in the healthcare industry, especially given the area's senior citizen population. There are also many blue collar jobs and many people do very well operating small businesses. I'm not sure if there are really any "major employers" per se, but there are tons of banks, insurance companies, car/boat dealerships, etc. all around that usually are looking for people. Also, I'm sure there are jobs to be had at the Lakehurst NAS/Ft. Dix "superbase" they have now.

Old 04-30-2009, 12:40 PM

7,221 posts, read 11,932,541 times
Try Warren County in Northwestern NJ. There are a lot of 2 BR lake homes for under $200k. Good luck. I'm in Warren County and it takes me about 1 hour and 20 minutes for me to get to Philly.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey