Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 03:15 PM

835 posts, read 1,181,565 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sori View Post
Block 911 acts like he/she owns the world b/c he/she pays taxes so since he/she owns the world I guess that would make it his/her country and not ours. I am fighting for "our" country for our future.

Its sad my taxes have to go to tough guys fighting a war that is illegally occupying another country. Where is bin laden? Why aren't those abuse photos been released yet? If all you are doing over there is waterboarding then it shouldn't be a problem right?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2009, 03:36 PM

2,771 posts, read 6,280,072 times
Quote:
but to conserve my money I live and work in Newark
Maybe it's time to get out ... ? It's not that expensive to get an apartment in Bloomfield, Montclair or Nutley. BTW, there are plenty of minorities in these towns who don't behave like the ghetto people in Newark.

Quote:
Originally Posted by block911 View Post
If people don't take Rev Al seriously then why did kramer have to apologize to him?
Michael Richards didn't have to apologize to Al Sharpton. He thought it was in his interests to do some damage control after that incident, and apparently decided that this would be one way to do it.

Unfortunately, doing so enables Sharpton by recognizing him as having the authority to absolve or condemn someone's behavior on behalf of everyone he claims to represent.

Quote:
Also do you remember who Jesse Jackson was calling the N word too?
I do. I agree that it was disgraceful. Apparently, he copped plenty of grief about it, even from his son. He was ultimately forced into a damage control routine, much like Michael Richards.

Old 05-25-2009, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elflord1973 View Post
Maybe it's time to get out ... ? It's not that expensive to get an apartment in Bloomfield, Montclair or Nutley. BTW, there are plenty of minorities in these towns who don't behave like the ghetto people in Newark.

Michael Richards didn't have to apologize to Al Sharpton. He thought it was in his interests to do some damage control after that incident, and apparently decided that this would be one way to do it.

Unfortunately, doing so enables Sharpton by recognizing him as having the authority to absolve or condemn someone's behavior on behalf of everyone he claims to represent.

I do. I agree that it was disgraceful. Apparently, he copped plenty of grief about it, even from his son. He was ultimately forced into a damage control routine, much like Michael Richards.
Leaving newark won't solve anything, my tax rate will still be the same.. . The crux of my problem is why a huge amount of my taxes are going towards supporting failing cities? For that matter where is all my tax money going? How can the state be in a budget crises if NJ is considered to be both one of highest paying areas and highest amount of taxes?

Jesse Jackson didn't catch any flack, he is out running his mouth: http://news.google.com/news/url?sa=t...02%2F905150362

It seems their entire family is always up to no good: http://blog.beliefnet.com/crunchycon/2009/05/jesse-jackson-jr-like-father-l.html (broken link)

Old 05-25-2009, 04:26 PM

2,771 posts, read 6,280,072 times
Quote:
Leaving newark won't solve anything, my tax rate will still be the same.. .
Well you made it pretty clear that ghetto people make you really angry, and yet you live right in the middle of their territory. Moving out won't make your taxes any lower, but it might abate your bitter rage.

Old 05-25-2009, 07:16 PM

1,334 posts, read 2,996,606 times
Quote:
Its sad my taxes have to go to tough guys fighting a war that is illegally occupying another country. Where is bin laden? Why aren't those abuse photos been released yet? If all you are doing over there is waterboarding then it shouldn't be a problem right?
I find this to be the most appalling and pathetic post I have ever read here on city data. Instead of thanking this member of our armed forces for his service to our counrty you try to belittle him over something he has no control over.

Today is Memorial Day and instead of remembering the members of armed forces who sacrificed for us to live our lives in freedom. Some paying the ultimate sacrifice. You chose to come here and look for sympathy becase you feel your making a big sacrifice because your taxes are high.
pathetic!

You should be ashamed of yourself and you owe every menber of our military an apology!

Old 05-25-2009, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone28 View Post
I find this to be the most appalling and pathetic post I have ever read here on city data. Instead of thanking this member of our armed forces for his service to our counrty you try to belittle him over something he has no control over.

Today is Memorial Day and instead of remembering the members of armed forces who sacrificed for us to live our lives in freedom. Some paying the ultimate sacrifice. You chose to come here and look for sympathy becase you feel your making a big sacrifice because your taxes are high.
pathetic!

You should be ashamed of yourself and you owe every menber of our military an apology!

http://www.thehollywoodliberal.com/0...rib_photos.htm

When has Iraq threatened our freedom or do all muslims look alike and we should kill them all? You owe all Iraqis an apology.

Actually I think we should treat criminals here in the US like that, then things may change
http://www.indybay.org/uploads/2004/..._torture_j.jpg
http://www.indybay.org/uploads/2004/05/21/mdf573696.jpg

Anyway happy memorial day; try not to remember to much: http://www.latimes.com/news/nationwo...,2416893.story

Last edited by block911; 05-25-2009 at 09:57 PM..

Old 05-26-2009, 07:42 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,749,013 times
Quote:
a lot of things my taxes are waste on makes me sad.

who cares if we are waterboarding or cutting off fingers? i dont. show the pictures. we can occupy any country we want to (i dont particularly want to since we are trying to civilize a bunch of animals) and bin laden is not important.

Old 05-26-2009, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainNJ View Post
a lot of things my taxes are waste on makes me sad.

who cares if we are waterboarding or cutting off fingers? i dont. show the pictures. we can occupy any country we want to (i dont particularly want to since we are trying to civilize a bunch of animals) and bin laden is not important.
OR we can spend the money domestically and hire more security, police office or even military to patrol our borders or work in our airport security. As well as strengthen our procedures and policies so these terrorist don't sneak in. You hate america? Great but you ain't getting in. The jobs that would be created and the end results would be much better than running around destroying countries. Even out in LA there are places where gang members open fire at police officers. Put in a military presence funded by anti-terrorism/homeland security budget and ship all those idiot illegals that shoot at cops and gang bang to Guantanamo and make them eat dirty underwear and other gay stuff that goes on. Now that North Korea has nukes how are you going to stop them? Full out war? Yeah right, all you can do is tighten our borders which is what we should of done in the beginning. Terrorists woulds stay out as well as all the illegals but instead we went to war with a bunch of people with sandals and ak47s and now created a whole new generation of enemies from whatever innocent people we accidentally locked up and wiped sh1t all over.

Last edited by block911; 05-26-2009 at 11:32 AM..

Old 05-26-2009, 11:16 AM

Look what happened in Maryland:
Millionaires Go Missing - WSJ.com

Millionaires Go Missing
Maryland's fleeced taxpayers fight back.

Old 05-26-2009, 11:20 AM

31,771 posts, read 40,749,013 times
Quote:
OR we can spend the money domestically and hire more security, police office or even military to patrol our borders or work in our airport security. As well as strengthen our procedures and policies so these terrorist don't sneak in. You have america? Great but you ain't getting in. The jobs that would be created and the end results would be much better than running around destroying countries. Now that North Korea has nukes how are you going to stop them? Full out war? Yeah right, all you can do is tighten our borders which is what we should of done in the beginning. Terrorists woulds stay out as well as all the illegals but instead we went to war with a bunch of people with sandals and ak47s and now created a whole new generation of enemies from whatever innocent people we accidentally locked up and wiped sh1t all over.
why should we spend more domestically when it will do nothing? i agree that the borders need to be secured better but throwing bodies at the border is a waste if they arent going to shoot to kill illegal crossers. i hate when people mention the jobs being created. screw that, its money stolen from me to create those jobs. f the jobs if things arent going to get accomplished.

north korea is a joke. the liberals screamed about north korea when they were trying to divert attention from iraq. ultimately, north korea sat around doing nothing. im not sure why people buy into the notion of north korea being a threat to us.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey