Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2009, 04:22 PM

592 posts, read 2,187,860 times

Advertisements

Hi does anyone live around the north hudson park in north bergen, i think the area is called woodcliff? How is the area, seems pretty nice and safe, is that correct?

also what transportation is there to downtown jersey city, i know going to nyc is very easy with the buses but is there also direct buses to downtown jc?

thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2009, 04:47 PM

1,014 posts, read 2,888,551 times
Options:

1. Walk to Bergenline. Catch dollar van (well, $1.25) down to 49th st. light rail terminal. Take HBLR (hudson-bergen light rail) to Downtown JC. (I think this is probably your fastest route, indeed possibly nearly as fast as driving!)

2. There are a lot of NJT buses and dollar vans to journal sq. which you could catch the path from (this commute would probably be loooong, but you might want to test it out.

I think your commute using option 1 will be about 45 mins, door to door depending on where you live in woodcliff and where you work in Dtown JC. The drive would be roughly the same, imo.

Old 06-05-2009, 05:19 PM

hmm, what is a dollar van? is that a transit company?

is there any parking around the port imperial lightrail? I hate driving, but think can manage the daily grind to the lightrail stop.

thanks

Old 06-05-2009, 05:27 PM

1,014 posts, read 2,888,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gagaliya View Post
hmm, what is a dollar van? is that a transit company?

is there any parking around the port imperial lightrail? I hate driving, but think can manage the daily grind to the lightrail stop.

thanks
Go take a walk to Bergenline and stand there looking at the vehicles driving by for about three minutes. The big white vans that pick up and discharge passengers at each bus stop are dollar vans. You can ride anywhere on bergenline for $1.25 and the best part is how often they come by (virtually every minute).

I googled it and it seems that a parking pass for Port Imperial costs $140/month. If you take the bus to 49th st. instead it'd be $50/month ($1.25 twice a day, five days a week). The light rail would cost the same from either station.

Old 06-05-2009, 05:31 PM

ah thank you very much.

maybe there is a dollar van that goes directly to exchange place in jc i will dig around.

Old 06-05-2009, 08:22 PM

4,181 posts, read 5,062,478 times
there are no direct buses to downtown JC -- you'd have to make at least one transfer.

there's plenty of parking around the Port Imperial lightrail, though I'm not sure if there's a fee...

Woodcliff is a 70/30 combination of long-standing residents and transplants, very safe, almost self-policing
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
View detailed profiles of: