Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-08-2007, 04:45 PM

460 posts, read 3,549,987 times

Advertisements

The other night I went to the $2 theater in north bergen (i beleive) and they raised the price to $7 lol. That was the only dicount theater that wasn't too far from me. Anyone know of any other $5 or less places around and please don't tell me about matinee show prices, thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-08-2007, 05:19 PM

9,124 posts, read 36,419,153 times
Blockbuster has all the movies you want for under $5 each

I can't imagine that there's anywhere that can afford to stay in business at those prices anymore. There was a theater in Edison near the Iselin border that was bought by Indians, and at first they showed mostly first-run movies at around $5 and just one or two Bollywood movies. Over time though, it's started to move in the other direction with only a few first-runs and the rest being Bollywood, and even the concession stands are serving Indian food now. Last time we were there, the prices were creeping back up too.

Old 12-08-2007, 07:10 PM

460 posts, read 3,549,987 times
You might be thinking about Movie City 5 in Woodbridge which was $2 for quite awhie. The last movie I remember seeing there for 2 bucks was Liar Liar and not long after they started raising the price by 50 cent increments until it got to $4 and then it went all indian.

Yeah I don't care if the movies are 1st run either and that $2 theater in north bergen was sometimes showing movies the same week they came out on dvd.

Well if anyone knows of any discount places please LMK

Old 12-08-2007, 08:57 PM

2 posts, read 27,780 times
Madison Cinema 4 in Madison, NJ is cheaper I think (around $7 or so) and is pretty amazing. Used to be a theater where plays were performed but later was converted into a moviehouse. My boyfriend and I loved it, worth the trip and the discount.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey