Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-14-2009, 10:17 AM

2 posts, read 8,296 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have any experience with Dutchtown Manor apartments in Lakewood?

I've read many threads regarding Lakewood (mostly sounding negative), but what is the area south of Lakewood (Seven Stars area where RT9 and RT70 intersect) like regarding safety, crime, shopping, traffic or population demographic?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2009, 10:43 AM

6,183 posts, read 6,072,158 times
I don't know about the Dutchwood Manor apts, but from my experience Lakewood is a fun town. I wouldn't say it has a significant crime rate, there is a decent amount of stuff to do (if shopping floats your boat), the shore is a hop skip and a jump and you can always go check out the Phillies lower A team, the Lakewood Blueclaws , and like any modest-sized Jersey town, traffic can get congested and it's probably about 3/4 white and the rest being a mix of African-America, Asian and Hispanic.

Old 06-14-2009, 02:55 PM

32,923 posts, read 36,323,847 times
"Opinions on Lakewood?"

Yeah, Lakewood is a mess. Don't move there. I've only been through the area a few times but I really don't ever want to go back; it's depressing.

I don't know anything about Dutchwood Manor Apartments, but I see that it's right on Rt. 9 in a commercial district; that doesn't look good. All of the other housing around there is off of the main road. Dutchwood seems like the kind of place where you'd live if you needed a quick getaway.

The area as a whole is OK. Maybe a little further south?

Old 06-14-2009, 03:26 PM

2 posts, read 8,296 times
Thanks for the opinions. I'm still a little on the fence. I haven't had much luck finding anything decent in my budget around the area. I figured since it's south of lakewood it might be a little better, but the apartment complex area seemed nice.

BTW, the place is Dutchtown... not Dutchwood.

Old 06-24-2009, 01:28 PM

49 posts, read 203,892 times
I would not move to Lakewood if I were you. I don't know the aparment building you are looking at but from my experience Lakewood has 2 sides to it.. there is the run down area that I personally would be scared to live in or walk around at night and then there is a largely Jewish area that seems to be OK. If I were you, I would look to other areas nearby for example Point Pleasant, Toms River, etc, or you can look a little further south to places like Manahawkin that might be a bit cheaper.

Old 06-24-2009, 11:56 PM

390 posts, read 1,510,077 times
Try Brick or Toms River. Stay out of Lakewood.

Old 10-01-2009, 01:18 PM

1 posts, read 3,700 times
looks like all the lakewood bashing is from people who have never lived here or are living in a area that is all one color or one religion , to bad for them ,their quality of life must be boring and there opinion is too, Lakewood is a very nice town ,it has it problems like all other towns ,traffic is a bear and the jewish population is large , the apartments you speak of are right on route 9 next to rt 70 . sorry for those out of towners ,who idea of life is to be away from the everyday life . i am sure that they are also deaf ,dumb and blind ,because i am sure that they live in a perfect world !!!

Old 01-22-2011, 11:26 AM

14 posts, read 44,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gdnj09 View Post
Does anyone have any experience with Dutchtown Manor apartments in Lakewood?

I've read many threads regarding Lakewood (mostly sounding negative), but what is the area south of Lakewood (Seven Stars area where RT9 and RT70 intersect) like regarding safety, crime, shopping, traffic or population demographic?

I currently reside in Dutchtown Manor. Oddly enough, I move there in the same month and year you made this thread. The Apartment complex was okay when I moved in; it was quiet and seemed to be tucked away from all the crime associated with Lakewood. Please understand that you are getting what you pay for. The price is low for a reason.

The property Manager is nice and quite helpful, but they have this huge problem with mold in the bathroom due to improper ventilation. I spent 6 months there before I had to leave to take care of some business and when I returned to my place in August 2010, the place seem to have taking a turn for the worse. It seems the complex went from a Safe complex to questionable in terms of the people who had moved in. Regardless, I plan on staying until my lease is up and then finding another place to move. I realize I maybe have to pay 1200 for decent place to live in Ocean County.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey