Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-17-2009, 11:27 AM

23 posts, read 58,511 times

Advertisements

If you dislike humidity.....try Idaho....today its suppose to hit 100+ and the humidity is 18%.....sure it's hot in the sun but find a tree or umbrella and its more than tolerable.....Usually this time of the year it is in the upper 80's and lower 90's.....great time to float the Boise River that flows through town. Was down in florida a few weeks ago...got real tired of sitting inside because it was so d--- hot and humid. OH well....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Memory View Post
I recently went on a cruise ship trip from Miami to Key West to Cozumel (third time..ergh) and back again. It was so strange to feel high humidity because we have a lack of it so far this summer. It was practically suffercating down in South Florida. The minute you touch the sun's light in Miami, you'll have to run for shade cover. O.o So...

I'm just glad to be back in a less humid state! ^_^; (And also, a clearer sky state. Was either a little sunny, muggy, or cloudy down there. Cloudier/rainy in Cozumel, but less humid cause it's an island.)

Although, on the weather report, it says that we might just get some humidity soon. Hmm... Anyways, enjoy the rest of your mild less humidity summer days, everyone!

(And my subject title is a pun of a Kenan & Kel episode. Hehe..)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2009, 11:29 AM

12,283 posts, read 35,697,858 times
i need some sort of humidity - would never survive in the desert southwest, my dry skin would crack off. however, it doesn't need to be a swamp either.....

Old 07-17-2009, 11:33 AM

563 posts, read 1,286,708 times
I might have to find out if our AC sysem is working tonight, sofar had no need to even bother

Old 07-17-2009, 11:36 AM

563 posts, read 1,286,708 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leo41 View Post
If you dislike humidity.....try Idaho....today its suppose to hit 100+ and the humidity is 18%.....sure it's hot in the sun but find a tree or umbrella and its more than tolerable.....Usually this time of the year it is in the upper 80's and lower 90's.....great time to float the Boise River that flows through town. Was down in florida a few weeks ago...got real tired of sitting inside because it was so d--- hot and humid. OH well....
Leo, do you use evaporative cooling if it gets too hot? Also at night, does the temperature cool down enough, so you don't need any cooling?
Would love to live in that region someday

Old 07-17-2009, 03:38 PM

501 posts, read 1,429,900 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leo41 View Post
Edit: Scratch that. Wrong state. Iowa.. Ioowaa. Ok, never been to Iowa. Nevermind about what I had here. >.< Ignore ignore.

Thanks for the offer. Been to Idaho on a short visit. Very nice state. Since I've been to the West and mid-West, I do know how it feels to be in those high temperatures but low humidity. And then, the temperature incredibly drops to a cooler feel at night. Of course, any place north of South/Central Florida (and Texas) would feel much more bearable than sitting in a place that is consumed by humidity. ^_ ^

Old 07-17-2009, 04:53 PM

220 posts, read 745,507 times
Man I visited my Dad in Chino Valley, AZ in august. I never drank so much water, felt like I flew into a volcano. Phew. Lips were cracking, today in zoo jersey humidity was up had to put on a/c, my animals were all distressed, quite uncomfortable especially digging in garden. I live in florida as well (snowbird) and generally it hits you right in the smacker coming out of airport, two days for me to recover and then I am good to go. I do drive my hubby nuts here in NJ, need that heat and Sun!

Old 07-17-2009, 06:12 PM

9,124 posts, read 36,388,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tahiti View Post
i need some sort of humidity - would never survive in the desert southwest, my dry skin would crack off. however, it doesn't need to be a swamp either.....
Nah- your skin and the rest of you would acclimate to the lower humidity in around a month. The first few weeks we lived in Las Vegas, my eyes were constantly tearing, and if I squeezed my nostrils, big chunks of the linings of my nose would fall out. Within a month, it was all back to normal, and I would die whenever I went back to NJ to visit- it took a few years of being back there before I could spend more than 5 minutes outside without being soaking wet and gagging on the humidity.

Old 07-17-2009, 07:27 PM

467 posts, read 1,489,474 times
Well yes, it is humid, but I don't think this is the "worst" summer so far...Since I have lived here there
have been much more humid summers. Again it depends where you live in Fl. too..I wouldn't live in the
middle of the state for anything..For anyone who goes near Disneyworld in the summer, you are CRAZY.
I wouldn't live here, if I couldn't be near the coast. I'm only 3 miles from the beach and the closer you
get to the water there is always a breeze...Like I said, I guess I'm used to it...However I would never
tell anyone that Florida is "not that hot in the summer" anyone who tells you that is lying. to each his
own, different strokes for different folks.

Old 07-17-2009, 07:46 PM

2,715 posts, read 11,910,302 times
This has got to be one of the hottest Summers I can remember.

Old 07-17-2009, 08:16 PM

2,510 posts, read 3,977,447 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Memory View Post
I recently went on a cruise ship trip from Miami to Key West to Cozumel (third time..ergh) and back again. It was so strange to feel high humidity because we have a lack of it so far this summer. It was practically suffercating down in South Florida. The minute you touch the sun's light in Miami, you'll have to run for shade cover. O.o So...
It shouldn't be "strange"....its a tropical state.....what did you expect ?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey