Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2009, 09:51 AM

1,977 posts, read 7,755,928 times

Advertisements

I havent been to a strip club in maybe 10 years but i used to frequent them alot. I found the drinks to be cheaper than going to a regular bar, the music better, and for a few dollars I had a sexy companion for the evening to talk to and hang out with. I even dated 2 of the girls after being a regular for a while and getting to know them. I never understood the popularity of the lap dances tho. If shes that close and I cant touch, whats the point.

To me, the strip clubs were just a place to hang with friends with eye candy in the backround. We never sat AT the bar and we generally always had a great time. At some point tho, things changed. Instead of giving the ocassional 10 or 20 to the girls you liked the best or the ones that paid you the most attention, it seemed to be expected that you give a dollar to every girl that came by even if she just got there, hasnt danced, and just happen to be walking by. The "customer service"/experience end of it simply dissappeared imo and it became a flesh factory. Every week different girls, every week they are more agressive, every week the managers getting more and more strict such as if your nursing your drink or if you have finished your drink and havent ordered another right away you have to leave. So, I havent been back.

Anger, hopefully you find a nice club, most of the ones I frequented are long gone. Its a different world today I guess.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2009, 10:09 AM

13,404 posts, read 28,729,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BergenCountyJohnny View Post
More experience than I ever wanted, actually. When I was just out of college the guys I worked with in Secaucus used to go to all the bikini bars in the area after work every week. They're very tame, not really any more sleazy than a Hooters. Your stereotype of the drug-addict dancer is very overblown, also. That's Hollywood's version but it's not true for your average bikini bar dancers, or even many dancers at the regular strip clubs.

And after going to tons of bachelor parties, plus the occasional "boys night out" where my married friends wanted some eye candy in a safe environment, yes, I've experienced plenty of the NY and NJ strip clubs. It always confused me why guys love those NY clubs because the women really do look like guys in drag. They have fake everything, overwaxed eyebrows and over-collagened lips and tons of makeup and they really do look like drag queens. If I want to see Twisted Sister I'd just watch their video on YouTube.

I'd imagine that I have much more experience than you or any women (other than dancers) in regards to these places. (That's not a slight or anything, just would make sense that a guy would have more occasion to go to such places.)

One thing I can say for sure is that, despite what people see in the movies and on TV, what goes on in any of these clubs is NOTHING - the regular dance clubs have a lot worse going on in them, especially for the married guys.
LOL you need to check out a few of the dives in Morris County

Old 09-22-2009, 12:09 PM

1,482 posts, read 3,126,522 times
Never saw the need for strip clubs.

The first 15 minutes or so is exciting, until you start looking at the faces. Your brain starts telling you thnigs as you pick up the signs that they really do not care for you and they are doing this for the money.

There is just something unattractive about not being desired for you, but being paid attension to DIRECTLY for the money you have. Legal or not (Nevada) going further with a paid aquaintance just isn't the same (although it is arguably better than nothing.

After being to a few clubs in NJ and CT (similar laws) on various bachelor nights, i decided to not have one when I got married. I opted for the Blues Clubs in NYC instead. The only downside? I wish I had started out earlier that night and had more to eat/drink......

Old 09-22-2009, 01:42 PM

1,287 posts, read 3,323,521 times
Interesting discussion. My experience is groups of women tend to have more fun at these things than the chaps who mostly don't want to admit being there, although my female work colleague said she couldn't see the attraction of watching flacid p****s. In England some pubs do jugging, where the girls pass a beer glass round the men between dances, expecting a £1 donation from everyone present. Or so I'm told.

Old 09-22-2009, 02:10 PM

4,085 posts, read 8,788,073 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by njkate View Post
LOL you need to check out a few of the dives in Morris County
Hmmmmmm sounds like you have tons & tons of experience

Old 09-22-2009, 05:43 PM

825 posts, read 3,161,144 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeradoDan View Post
I'm a guy and have never been a fan of them. Something about women who are totally not interested in you dancing around naked for money just doesn't do it. If you're that desperate, look in the back pages of the Village Voice.
I'm on the same boat as you. I agree with the whole "women dancing around naked for money who aren't interested in you" thing. I also just think it's a horrible industry that exploits women. I don't believe that women deserve to be grabbed by and gawked at by strange middle-aged men. Women deserve better, in my opinion. I absolutely just hate seeing women getting sexually and physically abused and treated poorly, it disturbs me.

Oh, and my father actually knew a guy who owned a club, and the police found semen stains on the couches... whenever he would come over and hang out with my dad, I would always leave the house and ride my bike into town and get a soda and a slice of pizza. I just absolutely refused to be that man's prescence, the man was filth and I did not like him.

Old 09-22-2009, 07:04 PM

1,398 posts, read 7,705,445 times
haven't done this scene in awhile but have always had a great time on a "boys night out thing...especially the "closed doors" bachelor PRIVATE parties.

Here's my general MO.

When the "performer" is relieved by a new girl the one just relieved comes around ...snuggles up and tries to inspire you into tipping her.

1: If you give her money right away ; she moves on to the next guy down the bar.

2: If you make it clear you're not the tipping type ....yup...she's moves on to the next guy down the bar.

Thus..... Always leave a short stack of one's on the bar in front of you. It attracts the girls /performers like flies to honey. Don't tip them...they just leave. Chat...check out their attributes etc etc.. They will eventually move on...they may even (usually) after a fashion to ask you if you want to tip them...ignore the comment and keep on doing whatever.

It is VERY rare that they will reach over and take money without permission...it's a house rules no no in most places I used to frequent.

The result is you get to chat up,snuggle and check out the eye candy up close...and save your money for drinks.

Old 09-23-2009, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BergenCountyJohnny View Post
Hmmmmmm sounds like you have tons & tons of experience

back in the day....lol.....when hubbie & friends would once in awhile go to one of these dives i would have a gasket to say the least, finally he & a few of his friends convinced me to go with them a few times and I did....nothing there to blow a gasket on

A few years ago my daughter in law was suffering from the same gasket blowing and I told her to go and see for herself, she did and has no problems anymore...the guys usually go after a golf outing not regular patrons
JBrown described these dancers, for lack of a better word, right on the money.

the one joint on 15 in Jefferson...lol..I remember a dancer who on her way to work used to stop in a pub we went to that sold package goods and stocked up on Bacardi airplane bottles....guess she needed something to get her through her shift

Old 09-23-2009, 08:32 AM

587 posts, read 2,178,604 times
haha the on 15 in jefferson use to be called high heels my friend use to own it late 90's iirc. They sold it several years back and now its goes by a different name.

Old 09-23-2009, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumra View Post
haha the on 15 in jefferson use to be called high heels my friend use to own it late 90's iirc. They sold it several years back and now its goes by a different name.

yeah now you have me racking my brain to remember his name
The place has had a few names in the last 10 yeras
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey