Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2007, 02:01 PM

2 posts, read 14,931 times

Advertisements

I know we would not be able to afford Ocean City or Cape May but could anyone recommend an affordable option just outside one of them ? We have young children, so safety and a family friendly environment are main issues. Somers Point, Marmora, and Linwood seem like options near Ocean City. North Cape May/Cape May Court House, Villas and Rio Grande near Cape May.
Any info on these or other areas would be greatly, greatly aprreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2007, 03:20 PM

1,346 posts, read 2,204,631 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elviscasey View Post
I know we would not be able to afford Ocean City or Cape May but could anyone recommend an affordable option just outside one of them ? We have young children, so safety and a family friendly environment are main issues. Somers Point, Marmora, and Linwood seem like options near Ocean City. North Cape May/Cape May Court House, Villas and Rio Grande near Cape May.

what's affordable? is this for a vacation or full time living?

Old 06-05-2007, 09:01 PM

2 posts, read 14,931 times
This would be a second home. Looking under $300k.

Old 06-05-2007, 10:21 PM

1,346 posts, read 2,204,631 times
Quote:
This would be a second home. Looking under $300k.
you'd better save more pennies 300k isn't going to get much in any shore town

Old 06-06-2007, 11:13 AM

51 posts, read 262,282 times
You could possibly find a tiny little place in Brigantine...which I think is a cute undiscovered little beach town. By tiny little place...I mean condo not house.

Old 06-06-2007, 04:49 PM

1,574 posts, read 4,755,993 times
Quote:
Forget Marmora or Linwood, even Somers Point. I would think you could find a condo in Rio Grande or Cape May Courthouse. I don't suggest the Villas, though.

You might have better luck looking for a bungalow or condo in Wildwood.

If you don't mind driving the 20 minutes, perhaps a condo/townhouse in Egg Harbor Twp.?

Old 07-13-2007, 05:05 AM

1 posts, read 7,278 times
I can say I have lived in the area for 30 years. I grew up in North Cape May and moved to the villas 9 years ago I have two children 8 & 6. Schools are great. I live right down the street from a nice playground. Bike rides are fun . No complaints or problems here. If you are looking to buy a home I am selling mine. 3 Bedrooms, 1 bath, A Kitchen to die for!!! Dining room, Nice size livingroom, 1 car garage and a 4th bedroom & 1/2 bath that is not completed yet. It needs sheet rock!
Neighbors are great, quiet neighborhood. We are relocating down south.

Old 07-13-2007, 01:55 PM

94 posts, read 333,647 times
Hi
Not sure if my home counts as a shore house like you are looking but we are in Little Egg Harbor Osborn Island. We are 1/4 mile to the bay and near all lagon front homes. 20 mins to LBI and 30 to AC. It may not be what you are at all looking for, BUT we do have a lot of people who just use these homes as second homes so I figured I would respond.
Our home is up for sale at 289k on a wooded lot new deck and many other great things.
Sorry for the self selling but I figured it couldnt hurt. If you are interested I could email you all the pictures that are online.
If not good luck on your search!!!!!

Old 10-23-2010, 10:39 AM

1 posts, read 4,225 times
Default Jersey Shore Luxury Vacation Home

This might be an option. We are selling our Seattle-style floating home which is located in beautiful Forked River, NJ. We qre a few minutes up the river from Barnegat Bay, very close to Seaside, Long Beach Island, Old Barney, Island Beach State Park and even Manhattan and Atlantic City.

This unique home actually floats, and is currently moored in a small marina with million dollar views of evening sunsets and morning sunrises. You can even catch crabs from the living room while watching the home theatre!

This is an all-season home and is impervious to blizzards, storms and the like. We have been here since 1997 and will soon be retiring.

You can view the home at: [url=http://MYSITE.VERIZON.NET/vzeoo29t]Custom (Seattle Style) Floating New Jersey Home/Office/Condo For Sale[/url]

And of course you can always have it towed to another location!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey