Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2010, 11:54 AM

631 posts, read 720,061 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
I really don't know or care. I will trade of a 5% increase for the governors staff (and it is actually less than that since the governors salary is included in that number) in exchange for a balanced budget.

Yup, you have no answer. We'll all suffer, they'll take a raise. Teachers can't get one, but OK for the government's staff Makes perfect sense.

Old 05-17-2010, 11:59 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,752,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeym81 View Post
Yup, you have no answer. We'll all suffer, they'll take a raise. Teachers can't get one, but OK for the government's staff Makes perfect sense.

OK here is my answer, I like NJgoat's take on it, he hired more qualified people.

Oh my stop pouting. Are we $11 billion in the hole? Does it have to be filled? Will it take sacrifice? Should we ignore the problem if everyone is not affected in the exact same way? These are much more important questions. But I know the watershed problem is the most important on the planet. We certainly can't be distracted by an $11 billion deficit!

Old 05-17-2010, 12:04 PM

15,318 posts, read 17,221,445 times
Part of the reason the payroll increased under Christie is because the governor himself is taking in a salary, unlike Corzine.

Old 05-17-2010, 12:06 PM

Quote:
OK here is my answer, I like NJgoat's take on it, he hired more qualified people.

Oh my stop pouting. Are we $11 billion in the hole? Does it have to be filled? Will it take sacrifice? Should we ignore the problem if everyone is not affected in the exact same way? These are much more important questions. But I know the watershed problem is the most important on the planet. We certainly can't be distracted by an $11 billion deficit!

Well, I, not pouting, I'm proving a point. I have to take a hit, but the Christie's staff gets a raise. Why do they deserve one?

Didn't you ask someone else to PROVE their taxes are going up? I did, and now I'm pouting? How does that work?

NJGoat's answer has no proof only speculation. Can you prove that all 118 people are more qualified then Corzine's staff? Nope.

Can you prove all 118 are NEW staff? Nope. Maybe some of them worked under Corzine too, do you know? Nope.

Seems to me you cant give a good reason why they get a raise, and we pay more in taxes.

Old 05-17-2010, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemycomputer90 View Post
Part of the reason the payroll increased under Christie is because the governor himself is taking in a salary, unlike Corzine.

Of course, it is this is merely a distraction by the unions and their minions who are having a fit, stomping their feet and holding thier breath. When you ask people like this how we should address the $11 billion deficit they yell well Christies staff got a $200K raise. You certainly don't get answers.

Last edited by shorebaby; 05-17-2010 at 12:15 PM..

Old 05-17-2010, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Well, I, not pouting, I'm proving a point. I have to take a hit, but the Christie's staff gets a raise. Why do they deserve one?

Didn't you ask someone else to PROVE their taxes are going up? I did, and now I'm pouting? How does that work?

NJGoat's answer has no proof only speculation. Can you prove that all 118 people are more qualified then Corzine's staff? Nope.

Can you prove all 118 are NEW staff? Nope. Maybe some of them worked under Corzine too, do you know? Nope.

Seems to me you cant give a good reason why they get a raise, and we pay more in taxes.

Care to answer the big questions? Ya know the ones above. Nah of course not. You are not proving any point. Are you trying to prove Christies isn't serious about cutting the deficit? I don't think the teachers unions or those who ride mass transit would agree with you.

You pay more in taxes because your municipalities chose to levy them. Some had the smarts not to do it and to cut spending, others chose to soak their constituents, too bad for you vote them out next time. Christie hasn't raised one tax.

Old 05-17-2010, 12:15 PM

Quote:
Care to answer the big questions? Ya know the ones above. Nah of course not. You are not proving any point. Are you trying to prove Christies isn't serious about cutting the deficit? I don't think the teachers unions or those who ride mass transit would agree with you.

You pay more in taxes because your municipalities chose to levy them. Some had the smarts not to do it and to cut spending, others chose to soak their constituents, too bad for you vote them out next time. Christie hasn't raised one tax.

Why did you skirt all of my questions?

I know his raises are not going to fix the problem, but it can help. And it shows he will lead by example, witch he is clearly not. So again please answer the following or I will assume you have no answer:

I have to take a hit, but the Christie's staff gets a raise. Why do they deserve one?

Old 05-17-2010, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Why did you skirt all of my questions?

I know his raises are not going to fix the problem, but it can help. And it shows he will lead by example, witch he is clearly not. So again please answer the following or I will assume you have no answer:

I have to take a hit, but the Christie's staff gets a raise. Why do they deserve one?

See folks this is a great example of how the union and their minions operate. First it is the watershed is the most important item in the world, next it is a miniscule raise for Christies staff. These folks really don't care about the deficit. their answer is always raise taxes. Well that has put us where we are. The highest taxed state in the country. We are chasing tax payers out. Yet these folks will stomp their feet hold their breath and ignore the $11 billion deficit. Thankfully we have a guy like Christie who completely ignores them and does what needs to be done.

It is glaringly clear this poster didn't even read my respose, see answer about increased taxes. (hint Christie hasn't raised any).

Old 05-17-2010, 12:25 PM

9,124 posts, read 36,382,644 times
Quote:

The salary differences aren't what they seem to be, once you dig into the details. The Star-Ledger printed a correction to their original story, showing that the overall salaries for the people assigned to the "Governor's Staff" actually only increased $440k once you adjust for people who were allocated to other departments under the previous administration. Now take out the $175k for Christie's salary, and you're at $265k. Take out the Lieutenant Governor's salary (a position that Corzine didn't have for some reason), which I'd bet is at least $100k, and you're now at $165k. The first lady (Corzine didn't have one) has two people assigned to her (per the state requirements- not something Christie asked for), who I'd think are at least $50k/year each, so that leave $65k unaccounted for. Not such a big deal when you look at it that way.

http://media.nj.com/ledgerupdates_im...-statement.pdf

Old 05-17-2010, 12:28 PM

Quote:
See folks this is a great example of how the union and their minions operate. First it is the watershed is the most important item in the world, next it is a miniscule raise for Christies staff. These folks really don't care about the deficit. their answer is always raise taxes. Well that has put us where we are. The highest taxed state in the country. We are chasing tax payers out. Yet these folks will stomp their feet hold their breath and ignore the $11 billion deficit. Thankfully we have a guy like Christie who completely ignores them and does what needs to be done.

It is glaringly clear this poster didn't even read my respose, see answer about increased taxes. (hint Christie hasn't raised any).

1. I'm not or have ever been in any union. Where did you get that from?

2. You asked for examples where Christie actions with raise property taxes. I gave you one. When did I say it was the most important issue in the world. Did you make that one up too?

3. Why do they get a raise, and the rest of us get a cut? You still havent answer that question.

4. Are you gonna answer the questions or keep ignoring them ??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey