Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2010, 08:57 AM

6,902 posts, read 7,541,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorebaby View Post
I don't think anyone hates teachers. What upsets people is the kind of whining by the OP when the state is in trouble and the union is getting fat. If the union really cared about their members they would spend some of that $100 million helping it's teachers.

Also the unions should stop the pretense that they care about the kids, they don't. That isn't their job so stop saying you care about the kids.

In an attempt to vilify the unions, don't you believe we are also vilifying Teachers? Again I say, if the Legislature and the Government really wanted to address the issue of the bankruptcy of this state caused in part not wholey by the individual teacher contracts, they need to tackle this obvious problem, there are too many contracts .
Its an easy fix to blame the teachers for what is occuring, the government need to take a good look at themselves for getting the State in this problem to begin with.

Old 05-25-2010, 08:57 AM

4,085 posts, read 8,791,647 times
Quote:
It has been well documented that wealth is leaving the state due to unreasonable tax rates. It doesn't make sense to chase more wealth out. NJ doesn't tax too little, we have the 2nd highest tax burden in the country. We spend too much.
No, it hasn't "been well documented that wealth is leaving the state due to unreasonable tax rates." That's about the stupidest thing I've heard yet.

Christie has his gay little game he wants to play and that's what he's doing. He wants to please the Republican party; he doesn't care about NJ. He doesn't care about the people who live in NJ. Only a real stunad would think he's done anything good or has anything good in store. It's no wonder all the Jersey-bashers love him - he's doing their bidding, he's making NJ worse. He's ignoring all the money we give to their crap states while focusing on hurting NJ and NJ'ans.

If you support Christie you must really hate NJ.

Old 05-25-2010, 09:24 AM

19,890 posts, read 18,762,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BergenCountyJohnny View Post
No, it hasn't "been well documented that wealth is leaving the state due to unreasonable tax rates." That's about the stupidest thing I've heard yet.

Christie has his gay little game he wants to play and that's what he's doing. He wants to please the Republican party; he doesn't care about NJ. He doesn't care about the people who live in NJ. Only a real stunad would think he's done anything good or has anything good in store. It's no wonder all the Jersey-bashers love him - he's doing their bidding, he's making NJ worse. He's ignoring all the money we give to their crap states while focusing on hurting NJ and NJ'ans.

$70 billon fled the state in the last 5 years. Stop embarassing yourself.

Why do the spenders want the state to go bankrupt? Why do they hate the state?

Old 05-25-2010, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
In an attempt to vilify the unions, don't you believe we are also vilifying Teachers? Again I say, if the Legislature and the Government really wanted to address the issue of the bankruptcy of this state caused in part not wholey by the individual teacher contracts, they need to tackle this obvious problem, there are too many contracts .
Its an easy fix to blame the teachers for what is occuring, the government need to take a good look at themselves for getting the State in this problem to begin with.

Who is vilifying teachers. They are bringing attention to themselves. Mass transit was cut as well but you simply don't hear the same type of whining. I guess their union isn't as well organized as NJEA.

It doesn't matter who got the state in this mess, all that matters is Christie is getting us out!

Old 05-25-2010, 11:13 AM

Quote:

OK I am a nice guy so I will continue to educate you.

Wealthy Avoid New Jersey - Forbes.com

"At least that's the implication of a new analysis of wealthy folks' movements into and out of New Jersey (http://topics.forbes.com/New%20Jersey - broken link) from 1999 through 2008. In all, the state suffered a $70 billion net outflow in wealth from 2004 through 2008, compared with a $98 billion net inflow in the prior five years. The Garden State's reversal in fortune was due to a large drop in the number of wealthy households entering the state and a moderate increase in the number of wealthy households leaving. (See: The United States Of Debt)."

Old 05-25-2010, 11:28 AM

Quote:
It's a shame that New Mexico has failed to keep you occupied and happy. It would be nice if you could find a place that fulfilled you so you wouldn't be so obsessed with your ex- (New Jersey). Or maybe NJ is the only place for you and you just can't let go.

I find it interesting that the only people supporting Christie are the ones who hate NJ, including the Ex'es who left NJ but are completely obsessed with our state.

That is so weird. Those of us who don't want NJ to go into bankruptcy hate the state. And those who want to push it over the cliff love NJ. Up is down, left is right. Now I get it!

Last edited by shorebaby; 05-25-2010 at 11:59 AM..

Old 05-25-2010, 11:36 AM

607 posts, read 958,592 times
Quote:
I find it interesting that the only people supporting Christie are the ones who hate NJ, including the Ex'es who left NJ but are completely obsessed with our state.
Actually, there ARE residents of NJ who support him:

Poll gives mixed reviews for N.J. Gov. Chris Christie | - NJ.com

an almost even split, even amid all the controversy, is interesting...

Old 05-25-2010, 11:48 AM

Quote:
Who is vilifying teachers. They are bringing attention to themselves. Mass transit was cut as well but you simply don't hear the same type of whining. I guess their union isn't as well organized as NJEA.

It doesn't matter who got the state in this mess, all that matters is Christie is getting us out!

Mass transit was cut, the bus drivers salaries were NOT, and these teachers again are being vilified, just go back and read the tone of your post. And again, to state give the illusion that NO teacher in NJ pay towards their benefits is completely dishonest. To give the illusion that NO teacher pays into their pension but receives millions is a straight out LIE.
To look past the bilking of these pension funds and no efforts to make ANY payments into it for the last 15 years is criminal, if this was Enron we would be stoning them on the front lawns.

There is absolutely no way to quantify the types of benefits each district pays or receive. Unless I've missed it, that information has not been made public.

You believe Christie is getting us out of bankruptcy is laughable. When you have a unmanageable deficit with NO real true plan to fixit, how are you going to get out of anything?
Cut the school budget, now the local towns need to raise Property taxes, cut in city services are next and then finally foreclosures because folks can't pay the high taxes or their mortgages.
So go ahead, look out for those making $400K, look out for the 1200 school administrators making 6 figures, continue with the 600 plus school contracts, continue to use the escape clause that is the UNION as the excuse for the deficit fix. We'll be right here with having the EXACT same conversation in 2013, just before Christie hopefully is ousted.

Old 05-25-2010, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackandproud View Post
Mass transit was cut, the bus drivers salaries were NOT, and these teachers again are being vilified, just go back and read the tone of your post. And again, to state give the illusion that NO teacher in NJ pay towards their benefits is completely dishonest. To give the illusion that NO teacher pays into their pension but receives millions is a straight out LIE.
To look past the bilking of these pension funds and no efforts to make ANY payments into it for the last 15 years is criminal, if this was Enron we would be stoning them on the front lawns.

There is absolutely no way to quantify the types of benefits each district pays or receive. Unless I've missed it, that information has not been made public.

You believe Christie is getting us out of bankruptcy is laughable. When you have a unmanageable deficit with NO real true plan to fixit, how are you going to get out of anything?
Cut the school budget, now the local towns need to raise Property taxes, cut in city services are next and then finally foreclosures because folks can't pay the high taxes or their mortgages.
So go ahead, look out for those making $400K, look out for the 1200 school administrators making 6 figures, continue with the 600 plus school contracts, continue to use the escape clause that is the UNION as the excuse for the deficit fix. We'll be right here with having the EXACT same conversation in 2013, just before Christie hopefully is ousted.

I haven't said anything about teachers, I have said plenty about NJEA.

There is only one way to fix the deficit and that is to cut spending. It is a fairly simple concept. You simply cannot tax anymore as you would wish to do.

The municipalities don't have to raise taxes, they have choices. As do we as voters, those who raise municipal taxes beware.

I know you wish to avoid the sad truth but wealth is leaving the state. Christie is protecting the middle class. If more wealth leaves the state that revenue will have to be made up some how. Now who do you think will have their taxes raised?

Old 05-25-2010, 12:04 PM

Quote:
I haven't said anything about teachers, I have said plenty about NJEA.

There is only one way to fix the deficit and that is to cut spending. It is a fairly simple concept. You simply cannot tax anymore as you would wish to do.

The municipalities don't have to raise taxes, they have choices. As do we as voters those who raise municipal taxes beware.

I know you wish to avoid the sad truth but wealth is leaving the state. Christie is protecting the middle class. If more wealth leaves the state that revenue will have to be made up some how. Now who do you think will have their taxes raised?

Lets try this again, because NO where in my post did I even mention Tax anyone, this is EXACTLY what those IDIOTS in Trenton are avoiding. And to cut spending you need to consolidate and merge services, WHY is this not being talked about? Its freakin common sense. ONE consolidated contract. ONE, minimize the amount of administrators and school board members. To continue to use the UNION/NJEA or Bugs Bunny as the be all to end all to the ilcks on NJ and the reason we're bankrupt is like saying the dog ate my homework.

Last edited by blackandproud; 05-25-2010 at 12:15 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New Jersey